Divorce Bet. A Filipina And Thai

thai76

hi! i have a few questions regarding the consequences of a divorce between a filipina and a thai. my questions are the ff:

first, what are the form/manner of divorce that can be obtain between the filipina and thai spouse that will capacitate the filipina to marry again lawfully and have her divorce recognized in the Phil (no divorce in the Phil- but allowed if thai(alien) spouse secure it)

second, what is the effect if the divorce obtained by the spouses is mutually consented to? will it automatically allow the thai husband to remarry?

third, if the divorce is mutually consented, does it mean that both secured the divorce or is there a possibility that one of them inititated it and the other just concurred.

i am hoping to be enlighted on my queries. thanks in advance to those who can give me a reply.

Interesting dilemma.

I don't know much about this, but I'm guessing in Phil. it's difficult due to the Catholic nature of the country?

If so, might it be easier to get the marriage "annulled" (canceled) , instead of a divorce.

I recall in Guatemala (very catholic) a friend of mine saying it was easier for the catholics to deal with an annulment than a divorce.