What would you do over the cleaner?

ChipButty

We have a cleaner we dropped it to once a week would you guys risk even having a cleaner in the house

In the present situation? 

Have you guys cancelled your cleaner for the moment?

She is a clean looking woman but I know where she lives amongst all the workers goes to the market and supercheap everyday

Her husband is a builder so he's out and about,

I think it's better I do the cleaning for now

1 minute ago, Olmate said:

But if you do ,perhaps you could continue to pay her.Everyone is struggling !

Yes I know they are struggling already as we also dont have any guest in our properties 

We are not making any money it's gone to zero like many people could see it coming

I've been telling the cleaners for a while about having no bookings and the ones we had all cancelled

Seems they didn't listen

12 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

If the cleaner does a good job, you might consider paying the one day rate per week to keep her as it may not be easy to replace later.

We are just talking about that now or let her come Sunday and we go out for a couple of hours

Even 'clean-looking' people can be infected! If you're going to have her come to your place, even if it's only once a week, you need to be sure she knows the rules re hand washing (before, during & after) & you need to supervise and ENFORCE them.

Otherwise dismissed for the duration.

Edited by mfd101

Yikes. I MUST have the maid once a week. Must!

I Lysol or Clorox all counters and knobs after she leaves ????

IN fact, its time for me to Lysol the elevators. The girls hate the smell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

If the cleaner does a good job, you might consider paying the one day rate per week to keep her as it may not be easy to replace later.

A lot of business owners I know are doing something similar, good staff are hard to come by here, 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Even 'clean-looking' people can be infected! If you're going to have her come to your place, even if it's only once a week, you need to be sure she knows the rules re hand washing (before, during & after) & you need to supervise and ENFORCE them.

Otherwise dismissed for the duration.

I would suspect as the OP is running a business, he is well aware of protocols. Same for the employee being a trusted contractor. Given the onset of the virus,maybe some new guidelines for her?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

What difference does it make? if she carries the virus in, its on surfaces or anything she touches, doesnt matter if you are there or not does it, you allowed it into the home (potentially)

I've got a box of rubber gloves I'll make her wear them 

17 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Yikes. I MUST have the maid once a week. Must!

I Lysol or Clorox all counters and knobs after she leaves ????

IN fact, its time for me to Lysol the elevators. The girls hate the smell.

We have 2 big spray cans of Dettol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I've got a box of rubber gloves I'll make her wear them 

Yeah, that'll help if she coughs or sneezes anywhere.

Seems to me you are thinking of all the reasons why you can, but none of those as to why you shouldnt.

• Like 2

Keep her on for once a week, make sure she is wearing gloves and a mask. Maybe full hazmat if you are not sure!????????

The rooms still need to be cleaned even if know one is there. The amount of dust build up and other things when things are left can turn into alot of work when it finally comes to cleaning it.

15 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

Keep her on for once a week, make sure she is wearing gloves and a mask. Maybe full hazmat if you are not sure!????????

The rooms still need to be cleaned even if know one is there. The amount of dust build up and other things when things are left can turn into alot of work when it finally comes to cleaning it.

Yep, The jungle takes over

• Like 1

A good question.

We have a house maid who comes in two days a week. She lives in the village close by and she doesn't travel around outside the village.

Wife and I debated this question a few weeks ago and concluded that employing her was very low risk and so we have continued to do so. BEFORE the virus situation arose she always wore a mask and rubber gloves that we supplied fresh each visit, and of course she has continued to do so.

There have been no cases of WuFlu in our area so far. If that changes and there is any risk that our maid has been in close contact, we'll stop her coming immediately. Believe me, we'll know when that happens - the tom toms will be out in the village within seconds!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

We are not making any money it's gone to zero like many people could see it coming

I've been telling the cleaners for a while about having no bookings and the ones we had all cancelled

Yes, those illegal short term airbnb bookings have completely dried up

It depends how many Corona cases are in your area, if low numbers then it's low risk, as numbers get higher it may be time to stop her coming. Pay half or full pay if possible, many people have no money for rice let alone accommodation.

Ask her to let you know if she has a fever and or cough

14 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It depends how many Corona cases are in your area, if low numbers then it's low risk, as numbers get higher it may be time to stop her coming. Pay half or full pay if possible, many people have no money for rice let alone accommodation.

Ask her to let you know if she has a fever and or cough

Seems low around here my wife was on at her weeks ago to start wearing a mask