Thailand to announce nationwide curfew starting Friday

webfact

10 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

As others have said, this wont affect 99.9% of us, or Thais, as there is already nowhere to go. It doesn't take much imagination to see that its aimed at probably young Thais who are out meeting up at the beach or the river etc, having pick-up truck parties. Or the foreigners having 7/11 front step parties

Bring it on, the sooner we get 100% lockdown, the sooner life gets back to normal.

People still dont get it, if everyone stays home for 2-3 weeks the virus dies. Its not a government conspiracy or a plot to get rid of foreigners.

Well, that's what you think. Who said life will ever get back to normal? I hope it does, but wishing it so doesn't make it happen.

I agree with you there is no government conspiracy to get rid of foreigners. If they wanted to do that, they would have announced it already...like what Cuba is doing, which is putting all foreigners in quarantine while flight arrangements are being made.

• Like 1

Just now, Lacessit said:

Interesting. The pu yai can get instant obedience on masks, but there is not a single pu yai in Thailand that can prevent burning off.

doesn't happen where I am. Our pu Yai runs a tight unit, no drug tolerance, no rubbish burning, no untidy gardens or surrounding areas. The village won the best village in Thailand competition after a commision from Bangkok came down to inspect it. Every 3 months or so a call goes out to 'clean up" the village, road sweeping, grass cutters, rubbish hunting etc. and the volunteers get paid 200 Baht for it. It works well.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

Whats point of 6 hours curfew at night ?don't forget to tell covid about the curfew ? What about trucks that have to work at night to deliver food ?

If everyone starves to death to stop the virus is that not worth it....Not

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

The whole idea of going to a bar is having that young Thai woman press against me.

It just wouldn't be the same if we sat 2m apart.

Seeing as you were having fun I will come back with "Whats wrong with old fashioned courting, when your eyes met across a 50% populated room?"

2 minutes ago, christophe75 said:

Well if you agree to be a slave, good for you !

Others feel bad about this obsession to control people's life.

Is that so difficult to understand, or just to accept ?

Did you tell the people in Europe or US?

Do you know where you are? Do you want to lay on the floor of a gov hospital in Thailand?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

You are badly informed; a few countries with wise and intelligent leaders have given no instructions.
life goes on as if nothing had happened ..
A quick visit to your friend Google will give you results.

Such a great dunning kruger approach to herd immunity. Respect sir!

• Like 1

Tarnation, getting harder and harder to pillage and plunder these days (specially when dbars be closed) ! A great opportunity to clean the streets and tidy up all the rubbish along the roads. Maybe pay displaced workers at safe intervals and do something productive. Hey what's wrong with making merriment at 7 Eleven ? Maybe it should be " off to the Gallows witcha" !

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, teddybeer said:

100+ new every day, not so few, better safe than underestimate repeating mistakes of others. 

Hang on, a hundred a day? Thais kill upwards of 50 a day on the roads! Doesn't the whole thing have a smell about it?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The whole idea of going to a bar is having that young Thai woman press against me.

It just wouldn't be the same if we sat 2m apart.

Last time I looked, the Thai bar girls on Loi Kroh were not what I would call young.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

This will screw up the schedule of trucking companies.  There maybe delays in getting more toilet paper in to the shops. 

Long as it doesn't hold up the Bum Gun deliveries the Thai's won't care !

6 minutes ago, TPI said:

Hang on, a hundred a day? Thais kill upwards of 50 a day on the roads! Doesn't the whole thing have a smell about it?

You cant catch a road accident, they are not contagious. And the number of road accidents doesn't increase expodentially.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Lol, you're not getting it Peter. 

Really.

Staying at home does not kill the virus. 

It would have in the very early stages. But not now, the virus has spread.

Staying at home does nothing very much, at most buys a few days.

The virus spread will only be stopped by testing and isolating the infected. By taking the fight to the virus. Hiding will not do much. This grand government strategy from the UK of doing nothing was only adopted because the UK did not have test kits. And they saw that China used social distancing. So social distancing was all they had. Even now they can't test properly. To think that all you have to do is stay at home frankly misses the point completely. It's a bit harder than that.

Is it really necessary for you to talk of the UK in a negative way on every thread? Please change the record! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

Yes, saw this on the Thai TV news, then came here to see if anything was mentioned.

Seems reasonably sensible, not sure how they're going to police it, especially in outlying areas.

I guess this is the 'last chance' to prevent a massive spread, if it fails then it's going to play out over many months as it spreads through the population who go out and mingle with others.

There will be no discipline within the population ( maybe 60%) .. Wuhan was 100% lockdown and they took 11 weeks to start controlling ... Do the maths with the staggered control we have here

2 minutes ago, Tingtong2mut said:

Hats off to the Thai government. Some really good decisions being made. I'd rather be here than back home in Australia

sarcastic?  I dont see the difference here, people rushing home before the curfew causing imore interaction

Edited by pantsonfire
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Millcx said:

How many tests do they do a day then divide into total population

How do you know what they do or dont do? All figures are just figures yet you believe the ones only that fit your agenda and argue that point. Argue with facts or dont bother complicating the topic