Therapeutics Will End The Panic

patsfangr

22 hours ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

The OP says it's "hydroxychlorophine" which I believe is a mispelling - it's actually hydroxychloroquine, or just plain ol' chloroquine which is commony prescribed for malaria and lupus. Yes, it is being trialled in the US and some other countries in tandem with azithromycin (Zithromax), and it was proven successful in China, but both drugs together or on their own are capable of causing you a heart attack because they interfere with the QT rhythm interval in your heart. In Thailand hydroxy is only available when prescibed by a doctor. See here at the CDC website for details of the trials: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/therapeutic-options.html

You can buy Zithromax OTC here, and I can tell you from experience that it DOES work, or at least it did for me when I got a pretty serious dose of COVID-19 a couple of months ago and self-medicated; but don't take it if you have any type of heart or blood pressure condition. This virus was so bad I told my wife on Day 8 that I was dying, but on Day 11, just three days after starting the Zithromax, I woke up as if nothing had ever happened, though I do have lung damage and the dry cough persists even now.

Her indoors got a much milder dose, but I had nearly every sympton you hear of, probably the worst being the waterfall of fluid out of the back of my nose which, if it flows to your lungs will give you the killer pneumonia. It was all I could do to keep swallowing it instead, because the sore throat that comes with this is like nothing you've ever experienced, and I went three days without sleep, too scared to lie down in case I forgot to swallow it. And that was with a fatigue unlike anything you've had, and a 400lb weight sitting on my chest so that I could only sip air. Don't believe that it's like the 'flu - it make you the sickest you've ever been, and that's from a bloke who survived pancreatic cancer. This is way worse, but you CAN survive it. Stay well, one and all.

Thanks for the spelling correction. You are correct. It is hydroxychoroquine, as in "quinine", which was one of the original drugs given to combat malaria back in WWII and earlier. I'm happy to hear that you've survived with only minor lingering effects.

One minor correction to your comment about either drug potentially causing a heart attack. Everything I've seen says that only applies to the combination, or to Zithromax on its own. I've seen no such cautions about hydroxychloroqine taken on its own. 

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It is premature for anyone to scream Eureka. 

Now who's being disingenuous? No one I've seen has been screaming "Eureka". The only information I've seen from any source is that this drug has had success in many cases. The caveat has always been added that it is not scientifically/medically proven to be a cure for COVID-19.

43 minutes ago, patsfangr said:

President Trump has an unfortunately abrasive personality. I truly regret that because his actions as President of the United States have been remarkably positive. He had the USA on an economic upswing not seen in decades; including the lowest unemployment rates in history for all Americans, including minorities. He rebuilt a nearly crippled US military. He negotiated strong new trade deals that replaced disastrous deals made by the Obama administration. He has now formed and mobilized the greatest partnership of federal/state/local government and private industry ever seen; and done so in less than 2 months. ... You blind Trump haters are a truly sad bunch, no matter where you're from, or where you live. 

I wouldn't ever bother to waste my time to argue :neus:

• Sad 2

53 minutes ago, patsfangr said:

President Trump has an unfortunately abrasive personality. I truly regret that because his actions as President of the United States have been remarkably positive. He had the USA on an economic upswing not seen in decades; including the lowest unemployment rates in history for all Americans, including minorities. He rebuilt a nearly crippled US military. He negotiated strong new trade deals that replaced disastrous deals made by the Obama administration. He has now formed and mobilized the greatest partnership of federal/state/local government and private industry ever seen; and done so in less than 2 months. ... You blind Trump haters are a truly sad bunch, no matter where you're from, or where you live. 

100 percent propaganda. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dap said:

Good move. There is no such thing as a rational debate when encountering true believers in cult of personality political movements now or throughout history. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tonray said:

OH boy...talk about reliable sources of info

Yeah he uses his unspent political rally energy at those tragically comical shows of attacking the press every time they ask him a pertinent question. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dap said:

Of course not, because you can't deny his success! ???? (When there is no adequate response, don't respond. Just make a snide remark and exit.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

The president is not a doctor. 

The president is not a scientist. 

Pushing specific medications before they are proven treatments may well be good politics for his cult like base but it is crappy science and crappy leadership. 

We need the truth from leaders in a crisis. 

We need to trust them. 

With this president we get very little truth and the only people that trust him are his base. 

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/04/trump-promoting-unproven-drug-hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus.html

So said Hillary in 2016! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, patsfangr said:

So said Hillary in 2016! 

Wow. 

I guess she lives rent free in your brain. 

My sympathies. 

But its 2020 now and the world is in its biggest crisis since WW2. 

We need great leadership to bring us through this. 

Normally the world would be looking to the US now to provide such leadership now as well. 

But sadly instead of an FDR level leader we're stuck with reality TV star real estate scam artist. This president is incapable of providing trustworthy leadership to his own country much less the world. 

It's no wonder people are looking to China now. That's what happens when there's a vacuum. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

The president is not a doctor. 

The president is not a scientist. 

Pushing specific medications before they are proven treatments may well be good politics for his cult like base but it is crappy science and crappy leadership. 

We need the truth from leaders in a crisis. 

We need to trust them. 

With this president we get very little truth and the only people that trust him are his base. 

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/04/trump-promoting-unproven-drug-hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus.html

Obama spent 8 yrs lying about co2

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Wow. 

I guess she lives rent free in your brain. 

My sympathies. 

But its 2020 now and the world is in its biggest crisis since WW2. 

We need great leadership to bring us through this. 

Normally the world would be looking to the US now to provide such leadership now as well. 

But sadly instead of an FDR level leader we're stuck with reality TV star real estate scam artist. This president is incapable of providing trustworthy leadership to his own country much less the world. 

It's no wonder people are looking to China now. That's what happens when there's a vacuum. 

Obama said co2 was the biggest challenge

So much for that scam!!!!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 3NUMBAS said:

the problem is its mutating so maybe hard to pin down with meds for some time .more than 100 versions around

Yes mutation is normal. None of the mutations as yet have been significant. It's possible they will be in future but we don't know that yet. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Trump haters belong to a cult.

I think that with the above vile post that the time has come for any exchange between us to come to a long overdue ending point. 

Goodbye and good luck. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, patsfangr said:

Of course not, because you can't deny his success! ???? (When there is no adequate response, don't respond. Just make a snide remark and exit.)

Works for me :wink:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, patsfangr said:

Thanks for the spelling correction. You are correct. It is hydroxychoroquine, as in "quinine", which was one of the original drugs given to combat malaria back in WWII and earlier. I'm happy to hear that you've survived with only minor lingering effects.

One minor correction to your comment about either drug potentially causing a heart attack. Everything I've seen says that only applies to the combination, or to Zithromax on its own. I've seen no such cautions about hydroxychloroqine taken on its own. 

@patsfangr, here's the CDC website with the information on that. It applies to both drugs, in combination or separately. They both have potential to intefere with the QT interval. But when all else fails, personally I'm all in - death's a small price to pay if the virus is starting to kill you ????.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/therapeutic-options.html

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steven Brothers said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=16&v=NyDjJ5ytc54&feature=emb_logo

April 1st 2020 USA, France, South Korea, China Reports from around the world are pouring in that the drug hydroxychloroquine is proving to be a powerful treatment in the fight against the coronavirus. One America's Pearson Sharp has more. see news video above.

Unfortunately that's a highly biased far right wing pro 45 channel, even to the right of Fox News. So they wouldn't dare broadcast anything that could seen as skepticism about this med such as from Dr. Fauci. That said, it's great to hear of promising news even in the context of atrocious political bias, and I'm sure people all over the world are looking forward to the results of the various tests and studies that are being done now. So if this is a big answer. great. If not, there are other therapies worth testing as well. 

• Like 1

March 29th 2020 Italy They will start mass treatment with Hydroxychloroquine. The drug “is already giving good results,” Bartoletti says . Give the drug early before pneumonia sets in for best result. “So hopefully UK, US and other countries will now learn from Italy and get this early treatment out there before deaths reach Italy levels or even more for USA as they will if people are not treated, but with early treatment this should be contained as in South Korea and many other countries where they have been giving early treatment from nearly the very beginning.”

https://www.trustnodes.com/2020/03/29/italy-finally-starts-mass-treatment-with-hydroxychloroquine

• Thanks 1