Message from Australian Ambassador - 6 April

52 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Will this cost us?  Never known the Australian embassy to provide any service without charging like a wounded bull.

Have been advised by Dept of Foreign Affairs in Canberra that the letters are cost free. However, either the Dept of Foreign Affairs or the Embassy ( maybe both ) have stuffed up completely, as they are only issuing letters to holders of long Stay visas. It's people on short stay visas in need of these letters, BUT the embassy is REFUSING to issue letters to those in need of them, and before any moderator tries to say this is heresay, see my post on an earlier forum where I posted a copy of the reply I received from The dept of Foreign Affairs in Canberra stating exactly that.

Edited by TigerandDog
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

Have been advised by Dept of Foreign Affairs in Canberra that the letters are cost free. However, either the Dept of Foreign Affairs or the Embassy ( maybe both ) have stuffed up completely, as they are only issuing letters to holders of long Stay visas. It's people on short stay visas in need of these letters, BUT the embassy is REFUSING to issue letters to those in need of them, and before any moderator tries to say this is heresay, see my post on an earlier forum where I posted a copy of the reply I received from The dept of Foreign Affairs in Canberra stating exactly that.

Not a stuff up unfortunately. Morison has been saying for months he wants all Australians back he home. So this is the vice tightening

2 hours ago, madmen said:

Not a stuff up unfortunately. Morison has been saying for months he wants all Australians back he home. So this is the vice tightening

Lets face it if they really wanted Australians home and REALLY cared about Australians they would organize 3-5 jetstar or Qantas flights charge everyone $300-400 in advance and they would be full and everyone can go home that wants to go...Instead they are suggesting you pay 4000-5000aud to qatar and hope your flight is not cancelled.......Australian Government and Embassy are a joke...Even cambodia is organizing a flight for Australians stuck there.......

Edited by theonetrueaussie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, madmen said:

Have you looked at the price of tickets to fly back to Oz?  Then there are those with partners who do not have a visa.  Sorry I think it is better to buckle down and stay in Thailand to weather the "Storm"

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1157606-vfs-global-australian-biometroc-data-requirement/

Edited by OffshoreMig
  • Like 2

If Qantas is still flying the Kangaroo route (QF1) then I can not see why they can not stopover in Thailand on the way back home and pickup a few stranded passengers.  How often have the taxpayers had to bail out Qantas.  Come on aussie come on.  Do the right thing.

Edited by OffshoreMig
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, theonetrueaussie said:

Lets face it if they really wanted Australians home and REALLY cared about Australians they would organize 3-5 jetstar or Qantas flights charge everyone $300-400 in advance and they would be full and everyone can go home that wants to go...Instead they are suggesting you pay 4000-5000aud to qatar and hope your flight is not cancelled.......Australian Government and Embassy are a joke...Even cambodia is organizing a flight for Australians stuck there.......

Hey but what a great business to be in, embassies are veritable cash cows, charge what you like, answer to no-one!  However you would have to work in a 2020 version of Stalag 17!

On 4/7/2020 at 5:13 PM, TigerandDog said:

A close friend of mine receive an embassy letter this afternoon after emailing them this morning. He is on an extended 30 day exempt stamp 

• Like 1