PM Prayuth signs order to grant visa amnesty to foreigners in Thailand

Jonathan Fairfield

"...foreigners who entered the kingdom with visas, visa on arrival, or through visa waiver programs will be granted an extended stay from March 26 to April 30" according to one news site.

So that's where the March 26th comes from, though I still don't really know what it means... 

Edited by greggraham
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Now that we have reached the final stage before this becomes law, surely it would be sensible to wait that bit longer rather than to speculate.

But it's so fun to!!

No, you're right. We should all calm a little and see what happens. His signature is on something though, which is hopefully good news. 

Edited by greggraham
  • Like 1

I think I will just wait to see the entire text of the order before I go ahead and place that order for that PPE with the oxygen tank and respirator that has a re-breather, for my next trip to CW, and one for the GF for her trips to stand in line over a three day period with the other 1,000 Plus Myanmar, Laos, and Cambodia folks needing to do there visa extension paperwork.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, justin case said:

call for some kind of union / farang power with law firm has been laughed away sadly by the hard core BOOMERS on this site

my child quickly translated the paper ... not for non-o

only for some SPECIAL kind of dirty farangs, not all of them 

Dirty farangs????

5 minutes ago, greggraham said:

But it's so fun to!!

No, you're right. We should all calm a little and see what happens. His signature is on something though, which is hopefully good news. 

Agree.  It can be fun too.....right up to the finishing line and then we start again.

3 minutes ago, justin case said:

hard core BOOMERS

whats a hard core boomer, im guessing a total conformist of sorts.

An arranged just one day of farang absence hurts nobody,doesnt break any laws immigraton or otherwise but does send a message.

Current immigration scenario actually breaks their own COVID 19 emergency social distancing laws.

• Sad 1