Ads Steal Screen Space

LawrenceN

13 minutes ago, phetphet said:

There is a way. But we are not allowed to discuss adblockers.

Who's "we"? It's not clear to me if you're speaking for TV tech support, or if you're just another member in the same situation. Clarify? 

3 minutes ago, LawrenceN said:

Gosh, thanks, Mr. Obvious. 

I use a computer sometimes. I find my phone to be convenient much of the time, much easier to use in many more situations. ThaiVisa themselves promotes immediate notifications, LINE, and their Facebook page, but stick these ads in our faces, not just occasionally, but in every topic. 

Totally useless non-solution. 

I am trying to figure out what I have on MY PC which you, and others do not. I have Adblock Plus installed as a Chrome extension, and I let the 9 seconds go by when I log onto Thai Visa.

OK, I get static ads underneath the topic on the right hand side, but no screen covering videos. Just trying to help Mr Lawrence.

Edited by stouricks
  • Like 1

On my chromebook, once I "x" out the ad, it does not appear again until I go to the next page or to another topic.  A bit annoying, but mai pen rai, ThaiVisa has to make some money to service this site I assume.  Life is all about give and take. 

• Like 2

TV's income is generated by adverts. 

TV is owned by The Nation (a website I refuse to visit due to so many ads).

We can't blame them for taking the money and maxxing out on getting as much as they can. All the time people are visiting the pages, and advertisers are willing to pay, things won't change.

It's just the way it is, and no one likes it except for the advertisers and website owners.

Just wait a year for YoutTube... things have already become bad (several ads in one video) and now YouTube are offering their premium service of you paying for no ads... meaning Mr Google gets money whichever way.

At the end of the day, we get loads of content for free, and it's our choice to visit or not.

5 minutes ago, 2long said:

TV's income is generated by adverts. 

TV is owned by The Nation (a website I refuse to visit due to so many ads).

We can't blame them for taking the money and maxxing out on getting as much as they can. All the time people are visiting the pages, and advertisers are willing to pay, things won't change.

It's just the way it is, and no one likes it except for the advertisers and website owners.

Just wait a year for YoutTube... things have already become bad (several ads in one video) and now YouTube are offering their premium service of you paying for no ads... meaning Mr Google gets money whichever way.

At the end of the day, we get loads of content for free, and it's our choice to visit or not.

All of that is understood. I didn't raise that issue. To repeat, I want the ad to give me back my screen space when I have clicked to close it. It's absurd, serves no purpose, for the "Ads by Google" banner to remain after that point. 

49 minutes ago, LawrenceN said:

Who's "we"? It's not clear to me if you're speaking for TV tech support, or if you're just another member in the same situation. Clarify? 

Just another member.

The rules state something along the lines of: It is forbidden for TV members to discuss "adblockers" as they could help members avoid viewing adverts on their devices, thereby possibly depriving TV of income from said adverts.

You can google on this site for more information. Or even google the same thing for your phone OS on the internet.

Hope this clears things up for you.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LawrenceN said:

All of that is understood. I didn't raise that issue. To repeat, I want the ad to give me back my screen space when I have clicked to close it. It's absurd, serves no purpose, for the "Ads by Google" banner to remain after that point. 

OP, do your homework and you will eventually be a happy bunny....:guitar:

7 hours ago, stouricks said:

Use a laptop or PC!

These constantly popping up ads make reading ThaiVisa difficult if not impossible on my MacBook, which is a laptop by the way. I have tried various ways to eliminate them to no avail. Only solution I have found is to move to different forum provider. Nation has ruined ThaiVisa IMHO.

• Thanks 1