NO AUTOMATIC EXTENSION for people with covid extension

8 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Whats really frustrating is I called the national hotline and CW both after the amnesty was declared and both people said I didn't have to go back and was valid until April 30th.

Why did you ring CW again after already being told from 2 separate sources you qualified for the automatic extension?

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Why did you ring CW again after already being told from 2 separate sources you qualified for the automatic extension?

Wanted to be sure. This woman checked my file and said I needed to report. Not sure who I have been talking to any time. I just don't want to do the wrong thing and different immigrations are applying it differently.

Edited by vermin on arrival

3 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Wanted to be sure. This woman checked my file and said I needed to report. Not sure who I have been talking to any time. I just don't want to do the wrong thing and different immigrations are applying it differently.

If you entered VE, TV or Non O or have extended a VE or TV granting permission of stay beyond March 26th, then your stay is automatically extended to 30th April.

• Like 2

@Tanoshi

No worries ???? Just come across posts in here that throw shade at people for no reason, and I'm here just to contribute experiences to help build up a record. Years ago when I applied for Auz citizenship, forums like these were invaluable, but only if people give clear indication of their circumstances and experiences.

You have now answered though, a question of mine - why a 7 day 'extension' says not permitted to stay....no-one has ever explained that so, I appreciate that little nugget of wisdom...also explains why talking to a few Visa companies they just say 'cannot do' when I mentioned I've been given the 7 day limit.

I do wonder though on the UC what determines the timeline - was 20 days, now 10...next 5? ???? There's always the Overstay I guess but want to minimise all risk to my Non-B application. Few agencies offering sick 2-3 month visas but that's not my style.

As for places to go - guess whatever is flying out of Thailand to places that allow me when the time comes =/ (Turkey perhaps?) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

If you entered VE, TV or Non O or have extended a VE or TV granting permission of stay beyond March 26th, then your stay is automatically extended to 30th April.

So you think this person I talked to today made a mistake and since I was valid on March 29 my under consideration stamp which I got on March 26th can be safely ignored.

3 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

So you think this person I talked to today made a mistake and since I was valid on March 29 my under consideration stamp which I got on March 26th can be safely ignored.

Yes, as the Ministerial order wasn't announced until 7th April, but backdated to 26th March.

If you had original permission of stay until 29th March, then your stay has automatically been extended to April 30th by virtue of the Ministerial announcement.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CodeCoded said:

I do wonder though on the UC what determines the timeline - was 20 days, now 10...next 5? ???? There's always the Overstay I guess but want to minimise all risk to my Non-B application. Few agencies offering sick 2-3 month visas but that's not my style.

The UC's were initially granted awaiting announcement of the proposed amnesty and many have since been granted further permission of stay, which will be further automatically extended as per amnesty announcements

Before the end of this month there will be a further announcement and I'm expecting it to extend the amnesty to 30th May.

Your situation is unique in that you fall in the date void not covered by the amnesty.

Just continue collecting the UC stamps to stay legal.

15 days seems to be the norm, only less if you reach the amnesty expiry date.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

The UC's were initially granted awaiting announcement of the proposed amnesty and many have since been granted further permission of stay, which will be further automatically extended as per amnesty announcements

Before the end of this month there will be a further announcement and I'm expecting it to extend the amnesty to 30th May.

Your situation is unique in that you fall in the date void not covered by the amnesty.

Just continue collecting the UC stamps to stay legal.

15 days seems to be the norm, only less if you reach the amnesty expiry date.

Ah well - so now it seems 3 months for everyone else whilst I have toddle around back and forth passport stamp collecting ???? Was told this is gonna be an unlucky year for me based on my star signs =/

Missed out getting my Non-B application in by 2 days, missed out on amnesty Visa by 2 days, now 7 month development app getting flat-out rejected by Apple....gash! 

lol - Best I go make an offering at a temple somewhere as was told that would help ???? 

...hope for everyone else the 3 month extension comes as a sense of relief. 

Edited by CodeCoded
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, vermin on arrival said:

I wonder why immigration officers would still be "mistaken" weeks after the amnesty was official. Or maybe they are not and amnesty still doesn't apply to people who have a "covid" extension, whether the "under consideration" stamp was turned into a "permit to stay" or not?

I know that senior members on this forum keep reassuring that we are covered but then why some IO keep saying otherwise? What if we when we leave Thailand in July the IO that processes us does not consider we were covered by the amnesty and charges us 3 months of overstay? (at least it's capped at 20000)

7 minutes ago, uberfarang said:

I wonder why immigration officers would still be "mistaken" weeks after the amnesty was official. Or maybe they are not and amnesty still doesn't apply to people who have a "covid" extension, whether the "under consideration" stamp was turned into a "permit to stay" or not?

I know that senior members on this forum keep reassuring that we are covered but then why some IO keep saying otherwise? What if we when we leave Thailand in July the IO that processes us does not consider we were covered by the amnesty and charges us 3 months of overstay? (at least it's capped at 20000)

In this case here it's "vermin on arrival" who is confused.

5 hours ago, vermin on arrival said:

There are two different matters which you mix up:

1) You had a permission to stay until 29th March, thus you are automatically extended, you don't have to worry about overstay.

2) You have an under consideration stamp in your passport which orders you to report back in person on the specific date.

It doesn't matter if you show up on the immigration office or not, you won't be on overstay due to (1).

But if you don't go there you are obviously not following a written order given to you by an IO. Probably Thailand has a law somewhere which says that you have to follow orders given by an IO. By not going you would be breaking the law, no idea if they would ever try to fine you for this (going there does obviously serve no purpose). The person who told you to go just didn't want to advise you to break the law.

• Like 2

I just got a new passport (the previous has no empty page left), the embassy said I need to transfer my visa to the new one. I'm worried this is gonna cause some new headaches at the IO if they didn't prepare for the special case of a visa covid-extended. I guess I'll have to do another trip to the IO this week.

3 hours ago, CodeCoded said:

Missed out getting my Non-B application in by 2 days, missed out on amnesty Visa by 2 days, now 7 month development app getting flat-out rejected by Apple....gash! 

Buy a lottery ticket with the numbers 227, your luck may change.

3 hours ago, CodeCoded said:

lol - Best I go make an offering at a temple somewhere as was told that would help ???? 

Or call the Samaritans. 

• Haha 2

On 4/14/2020 at 4:42 PM, DrJack54 said:

Who cares about 90 day reports. Already couple of threads about that.

Frankly some egos in this thread should take a chill pill and address the specific questions from the many folk asking for advise on their particular situation. 

i know, that is SO FRUSTRATING when people hijack threads however subtle difference, the focus is lost and proceeds to spiral out even further, bit by bit

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There was no 7 days in previous order.

Not important now though since it apparently has been extended to July today by the cabinet.

hi ubonjoe , how about non imm O visa  which have expired and got extra 60 days by paying money ?

will this group of people be extended too till July ?

28 minutes ago, superatoz said:

hi ubonjoe , how about non imm O visa  which have expired and got extra 60 days by paying money ?

will this group of people be extended too till July ?

Yes you can stay until the 31st of July.

• Like 2

To those interested,

I attended the immigration on the 20/04/2020 as it was the date of the under consideration stamp.

i was told on the phone prior to going that there is no need to attend as it falls under the amnesty order.

i did nonetheless and was told Again the same thing.

this is Rayong immigration

You May want to check you local, though this happened for me.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your sharing. So I decided not going to return to the immigration office.  As I noticed some case someone got another under consideration stamp and it does not make sense if the government has announced auto extension till end of July why the immigration officer still need anyone to attend again the immigration office.  Why don't they just simply to chop the stamp allow to stay till end of July in order to match with the government announcement.  

I went yesterday to Chiang Mai IO because my under consideration was up on my TR 2nd extensions with Embassy letter. They gave me until May 2nd but told me they dont know anything about any Amnesty until July 31st and that if I dont leave by May 2nd I need to come back again with a new embassy letter. Are they just trying to gouge me for an extra 1900baht? As far as I understand I should be covered under the amnesty. My initial tourist visa extension was good until April 2nd, then I got the covid 19 extension on March 24th. Why are they telling me I need to do this whole paper work process again?

Hi.

Just a question, I have mev non b visa expires 1st July. 90days expires on the 4th of May. 

If I am allowed to stay untill 21st of May. Can I use that time to pull all the required paper work together, for 1 year extension  or only untill to 4th of may. One of the requirements is photo of all staff out side place of business, can do except one of them is in another state and not allowed to travel. Will that matter his social welfare payments are up to date.

Thanks in advance

19 minutes ago, MrBiker said:

I went yesterday to Chiang Mai IO because my under consideration was up on my TR 2nd extensions with Embassy letter. They gave me until May 2nd but told me they dont know anything about any Amnesty until July 31st and that if I dont leave by May 2nd I need to come back again with a new embassy letter. Are they just trying to gouge me for an extra 1900baht? As far as I understand I should be covered under the amnesty. My initial tourist visa extension was good until April 2nd, then I got the covid 19 extension on March 24th. Why are they telling me I need to do this whole paper work process again?

See my post #320 here: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1160719-thailand-extends-foreigners-visas-for-a-second-time-as-coronavirus-cases-slow/?do=findComment&comment=15328444

My wife,(Lao's Citizen) arrived 8th March,30 day entry Bilateral Agreement,normally not extendable,Got embassy letter paid 2 days overstay on 8th April,and 1900 baht for extension,got under consideration stamp until 26th April and told to comeback before the 26th.

Just been back this morning got the rest of her 30 day extension stamp  now till 6th May.IO told her you can stay now until 31 July,but if Thai/Lao's border opens before this date you must leave within 7 days of border opening or will be fined for overstay. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NamH2O said:

My wife,(Lao's Citizen) arrived 8th March,30 day entry Bilateral Agreement,normally not extendable,Got embassy letter paid 2 days overstay on 8th April,and 1900 baht for extension,got under consideration stamp until 26th April and told to comeback before the 26th.

Just been back this morning got the rest of her 30 day extension stamp  now till 6th May.IO told her you can stay now until 31 July,but if Thai/Lao's border opens before this date you must leave within 7 days of border opening or will be fined for overstay. 

That's encouraging.  They obviously anticipate the Thai/Lao border opening before 31 July.  Hopefully next month!

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

That's encouraging.  They obviously anticipate the Thai/Lao border opening before 31 July.  Hopefully next month!

If they anticipated the borders opening any time soon they wouldn't have extended the automatic extension amnesty to July 31st. It may be opened in between for Lao citizens to return, but not foreigners.

If you need to cross a border for any reason, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it as your permission of stay is already extended to July 31st and thereafter pending further announcements.

Lao, Cambodia confirmed cases of Covid were identified much later than Thailand's first case, so effectively they are behind and yet to peak and decline, as is currently the situation in Thailand.

Just my own opinion looking at the bigger picture, at least August, more probably September before we see any land borders opening to foreigners.