Pattaya: We're shut! Jomtien tourists told to stay off the beach

rooster59

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Pattaya: We're shut! Jomtien tourists told to stay off the beach

Probably due to mixed messages, daytime allowances, night time curfews, some people just don't know where or what is safe.

If they want people off the beach 24 hrs a day then put up the appropriate signage... THE BEACH IS CLOSED 24 hours a day!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

When I'm in a third world country, I do my best to follow "  their " rules. Period

Almost no "third world countries" left in the world. Thailand is a developing country.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I agree, and in the case of a resident living in a 50 m2 condo, with a view of a wall, it is really mean to take away these facilities. But the locals would be encircling food and whisky there if the beach was open. 

The problem is the minority who ignore social distancing and ruin it for the majority. It is much easier to close the whole beach rather than try to micro manage the often uncooperative minority. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Max69xl said:

There are news websites. No need to check news at a thai visa forum.

The Pattaya News and Pattaya One News for example. 

both are usless, with old stories and not updated regularly enough.   

Just walk down Jomtien Beach Rd and you will understand. It is no problem to go out and excercise. But the old guys sit in rows and rows with their mates and thai girls, drinking, eating, smoking etc. So, consequently wearing no mask. 
In the past there has been no problem with this. But in these unprecedented times of a pandemic, it is idiotic to flout the rules and risk others as well as themselves.

So if people persist in gathering in these large social groups then I don’t blame the government for tightening the rules, just because of a few Idiots.

• Like 1

I get this idea and action when folks are drinking together - alcohol loosening the brain cells and people acting in  ways that are risky around infection and how this sort of thing is stopped by officials but ... I've been hearing a good smattering of interesting information/commnet/ thinking about how people's human rights are being trampled on in this crisis e.g. The images and footage for the UK of people obeying/making stringent efforts to social distance with face masks on being questioned and MADE to move from where they are I get the ideas and effectiveness of social distancing and restricting movement across and inside borders but I wonder about stopping people outdoors to the degree they are. Lone French people out walking and again distanced and masked up being ordered by police to vacate the public space they are in and go home. I guess to if a few do this then in a matter of hours the streets would be full of people maybe?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, brucec64 said:

The problem is the minority who ignore social distancing and ruin it for the majority. It is much easier to close the whole beach rather than try to micro manage the often uncooperative minority. 

Well exactly.... the rules are aimed at the indigenous population and molded by people of that ilk. Blanket booze ban is another example.

At a beach in Pattaya, I noted two Chinese couples not wearing masks at all. One couple walked right towards me. Happily a friendly(to me) dog scared them away. One idiot Thai walking around on his phone, also not wearing a mask and also an oriental woman listening to something on her phone, also without mask.

As usual, a few idiot foreigners either not wearing a mask or just wearing it around their chin.

Yes, you, idiot female runner and the foreigner/Thai couples.

So many idiots out there who don't think the rules apply to them.

• Sad 1

On 4/11/2020 at 12:12 PM, smedly said:

what again 

Hasn't worked yet

Personally I see no harm letting people on the beach as long as they maintain distance rules

Correct, yesterday we had 39.5 degrees in Perth and heaps of people on the beaches.

But as you said they mostly kept their distance and heaps of police and drones

patrolled the beach. If you do the wrong thing you get fined on the spot.

On 4/12/2020 at 9:14 AM, J Town said:

No. There are distinct differences and definitions of what make up a 3rd world country, developing country, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_World

Whichever way you spin it, with the current "government" in power, Thailand is looking more and more like Myanmar did, under military rule. 

• Like 1