Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

Amazingly, this time my check was directly deposited.

I have never gotten a refund (*usually owe and if I don't, I apply to the next year's tax since haveto make estimated payments anyhow). Last 2 checks were snail mailed.

I do pay my taxes via direct withdrawal so maybe this time they used that data.

Anyhow, certainly not complaining!

Same here. Neither of last year's stimulus payments was directly deposited, so I was really surprised when I just checked my US bank account and found $1400 had been deposited on March 24.

Like Cheryl, I did make a payment to IRS last year by direct bank debit. They must now be using that information as well.

• Like 1
On 4/2/2021 at 4:51 PM, fredwiggy said:

Finally got my first one. They mailed it last Friday. Only took 1 1/2 weeks to arrive here. Now waiting for Bangkok bank to clear it. The latest one was mailed out yesterday.

So you took the check from US Treasury to Bangkok Bank and they will deposit a US check into your account? I've got to do the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Very specific question here. And sorry if I can't find this discussion...

Parameters: 

1- If you are married, AND if your spouse has an ITIN, AND if you filed jointly on your 2019 tax return you were disqualified from receiving the first round ($1200) stimulus check.

2- The law was amended and this first round stimulus stimulus money was to be issued via tax refund for the 2020 tax season.

Has ANYONE received their 2020 tax refund given the specific circumstances as above? IE $1200 included. 

I filed my 2020 taxes electronically via TurboTax on the first day the IRS started accepting them.  I check the IRS refund status website daily and it indicates my return is still processing. 

I need to know if this is the common situation or if I'm alone in this.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Dogberry
addition
23 hours ago, Dogberry said:

Very specific question here. And sorry if I can't find this discussion...

Parameters: 

1- If you are married, AND if your spouse has an ITIN, AND if you filed jointly on your 2019 tax return you were disqualified from receiving the first round ($1200) stimulus check.

2- The law was amended and this first round stimulus stimulus money was to be issued via tax refund for the 2020 tax season.

Has ANYONE received their 2020 tax refund given the specific circumstances as above? IE $1200 included. 

I filed my 2020 taxes electronically via TurboTax on the first day the IRS started accepting them.  I check the IRS refund status website daily and it indicates my return is still processing. 

I need to know if this is the common situation or if I'm alone in this.

Thanks in advance.

... got my answer... which is... WAIT! 

On 4/6/2021 at 9:50 AM, fredwiggy said:

Yes. They said 2 to 3 weeks

So with Bangkok Bank the check clears after only 2 to 3 weeks? With SCB it took 45 days. Prior to your post, I did read that Bangkok Bank is quicker being as they have a branch in NY.

5 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

So with Bangkok Bank the check clears after only 2 to 3 weeks? With SCB it took 45 days. Prior to your post, I did read that Bangkok Bank is quicker being as they have a branch in NY.

Still waiting as of yesterday. 28 days so far, so the bank employee was right when she said it can take a month. Pretty funny as it only really takes a few days to clear if the banks acted on it when it arrived.  Last round stimulus was sent out April 2 and still hasn't arrived.

• Confused 1
12 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Still waiting as of yesterday. 28 days so far, so the bank employee was right when she said it can take a month. Pretty funny as it only really takes a few days to clear if the banks acted on it when it arrived.  Last round stimulus was sent out April 2 and still hasn't arrived.

Received a letter today, saying my check is coming. Why not just send the check?

I heard the Suvarnabhumi sorting center is closed for Covid, so things aren't going out yet. My daughter sent me a box that she said was in Bangkok last week and hasn't arrived yet. I'm guessing that might be why my latest check hasn't arrived yet. Not sure when the center is opening or if it already has.

14 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Deposited my check April 1. The bank just told me it would clear May 23. Over 7 weeks to do something it takes 3 days to do. I'm assuming the next check will take as long once it arrives here.

Last check took only two weeks to be deposited to my account in Bangkok bank but this time they said would take 2 to 8 weeks to be cleared.

On 5/3/2021 at 4:53 AM, khwaibah said:

I sent my tax return EMS to Austin TX for 1550 baht on March 12 took 4  days for to hit Chicago then another 10 days to Austin. I just checked my bank account in America and the funds are now in my bank.????

Why not file electronically? 

• Sad 1

I received the first check about this time last year. I have not received the 2nd or 3rd amount. I've used the "Get My Payment" website as recent as today, with no luck. 

I did file for 2020 and I meet all requirements for those payments.

Any ideas?

On 5/13/2021 at 8:57 AM, Shot said:

I received the first check about this time last year. I have not received the 2nd or 3rd amount. I've used the "Get My Payment" website as recent as today, with no luck. 

I did file for 2020 and I meet all requirements for those payments.

Any ideas?

If you received the first payment last year w/o filing taxes you are 100% able to receive the next two.

The first payment if applied for early enough, did not require taxes to be filed. But if you are now trying to get them, it is too late. I believe this is correct regarding the latter. And one must file their taxes at this point.

A question for anyone who's from America and received a stimulus check in the mail, and who banks with Bangkok Bank here.  Has it cleared and how long did it take? I deposited my check in Bangkok bank on April 1. I talked yesterday with a bank employee in Bangkok and she said they were still waiting for the funds to clear from the US. This is ludicrous as any checks I and others have gone from the Treasury department when I lived there cleared in less than 2 weeks. I see that it takes up to a month from here because there are only 4 banks that transfer overseas from the US, but it's been 6 weeks plus and this isn't right. A check can clear in as few as 4 days but I understand it does take a month average from here to the US. I received an email today from the main branch, telling me it takes up to a month from the US and 2 from Europe.