Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

10 hours ago, Alex baz said:

I still did not receive my second check by mail to Bangkok, mine was mailed jan 6 too. 

46 minutes ago, Why Me said:

.Not alone then. Guess the whole lot en route to Bkk is traveling slow.

My daughter in the US still has not gotten her check yet as of yesterday evening here.

11 hours ago, Alex baz said:

I still did not receive my second check by mail to Bangkok, mine was mailed jan 6 too. 

Not to worry too much about that Jan 6th date.

Most of us here in the USA that also were slated to have it mailed on Jan 6th are only getting it now. (last week of Jan)

Jan 6th I think was actually the beginning of processing

Secondly this time........no check was mailed

Instead they sent a credit card that can be used of course as a credit card but also as a debit card at a ATM

or over the counter withdrawals at the bank (in USA I know it worked not sure about Thailand)

I think they may be intending to reload these in the future as they said to keep the empty card.

Not sure how this would work for those in Thailand because when we lived in Chiang Mai ...three times we tried to have a credit card mailed

to us & each time it was stolen/went missing...Until we sent it registered express mail then we got it

Edited by meechai
1 hour ago, meechai said:

Instead they sent a credit card that can be used of course as a credit card but also as a debit card at a ATM or over the counter withdrawals at the bank (in USA I know it worked not sure about Thailand)

I think they may be intending to reload these in the future as they said to keep the empty card.

Not sure how this would work for those in Thailand because when we lived in Chiang Mai ...three times we tried to have a credit card mailed

to us & each time it was stolen/went missing...Until we sent it registered express mail then we got it

I received one of these cards at my relatives house in USA.  I was able to call the 800# to verify my identity and register the card.  Immediately I was able to use the card's website to transfer the card balance to my US bank via ACH.  Funds were shown the next day as a pending deposit to my checking account.  I don't know why the Feds didn't just do an ACH deposit directly to my checking account.  I have sent the IRS payments from that account so they know the details already.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, meechai said:

Not to worry too much about that Jan 6th date.

Most of us here in the USA that also were slated to have it mailed on Jan 6th are only getting it now. (last week of Jan)

Jan 6th I think was actually the beginning of processing

Instead they sent a credit card that can be used of course as a credit card but also as a debit card at a ATM

or over the counter withdrawals at the bank (in USA I know it worked not sure about Thailand)

Hopefully it would not be lost mysteriously by mail especially if it is a debit card stimulus check, i know USPS facing great obstacles currently delivering mail. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Why Me said:

.Not alone then. Guess the whole lot en route to Bkk is traveling slow.

Yes, hopefully would arrive soon without any further complications on this side especially if it been issued as debit cards, please keep me posted when you or any get it. 

Ours was supposed to be processed on the 6th.  We received it about the 26th Jan.

Slow mail delivery in the U.S. has been a problem during the holiday season.  I mailed a couple letters Dec. 12th.  One took 30 days.  The other took 40 days to go less than 200 km. I sent a small booklet to Finland and it arrived before the two letters.

Edited by Damrongsak
23 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

I received one of these cards at my relatives house in USA.  I was able to call the 800# to verify my identity and register the card.  Immediately I was able to use the card's website to transfer the card balance to my US bank via ACH.  Funds were shown the next day as a pending deposit to my checking account.  I don't know why the Feds didn't just do an ACH deposit directly to my checking account.  I have sent the IRS payments from that account so they know the details already.

Yeah that  is the thing...If you can get the card it is quite easy to transfer to any account you have etc.

Luckily you had yours delivered to US address

As for the direct deposit....I know many here wonder the same...some get it some don't & no rhyme or reason to it.

I mean I get SS direct deposited each month so my info is there...But I guess different branches of the govt etc etc

In any case glad you got your card ;)

On 05/02/2021 at 8:45 PM, jeffandgop said:

No 2nd check for me yet, which we all believe from the IRS website was to be mailed 6Jan......but I did receive a 1099 tax statement mailed on 21 Jan by my last employer!

It seems like no one in Thailand received their second mailed stimulus check yet. 

• 2 weeks later...

In this topic within this forum- "U.S. Topic -- President Biden's Covid Stimulus Plan Includes Temporary $200 Monthly Raise in Social Security", it was just posted that they received the next round of stimulus money by mail in Thailand...curious if others like us will see the money this week.....

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Alex baz said:

Got my check yesterday, kasikornbank would not deposit it in my account, krungthaibank got a six month holding time period before accepting to deposit it. Any Bank here accepts stimulus checks? 

Good reason to get direct deposit here or an American bank that will except a copy of the check emailed or faxed to them. 

14 hours ago, Alex baz said:

Got my check yesterday, kasikornbank would not deposit it in my account, krungthaibank got a six month holding time period before accepting to deposit it. Any Bank here accepts stimulus checks? 

Have you checked your US banks web site or app for mobile deposit? This will allow you to upload pics of the back and front of your check and have it credited.