Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Also, when I call them what exactly do I need to have ready?

U.S. Bank account details routing number and account number

2018 and 2019 1040s filed (AGI, tax paid or refunded)

I think it is pretty simple: call or send form 3911 (fill, print, sign, fax - use free fax services). Occasionally check GMP to see if you're prompted (again) for bank details, wait up to six weeks, rinse repeat. 

I think calling is best.

I am not certain we can claim the missing $1,200 as a tax payment made in 2020? Right now it looks like a hard no on that.

It is interesting that at least some got the letter. I received neither the letter nor the check to my ~ 15 year address, to which I have received U.S. government mail many times.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, racyrick said:

FINALLY!! Got my direct deposit to my bank account 2 hours ago. I am sooooo happy the whole long frustrating ordeal is over.

I truly hope that whoever still has not gotten their payment that you will get yours asap. I know your frustration all too well!

good for u man!!  hope to get mine soon as well

• Like 1
3 hours ago, racyrick said:

FINALLY!! Got my direct deposit to my bank account 2 hours ago. I am sooooo happy the whole long frustrating ordeal is over.

I truly hope that whoever still has not gotten their payment that you will get yours asap. I know your frustration all too well!

Good for you!  I still haven't gotten mine and hope to get it soon, too.

OK,

Still quite confused.

I looked at that form and it seems like I would need to tell them that the check was sent (which I can assume) but also that it was returned to the post office (which I don't really know and doubt). 

So to even file that form I would first need to know that it was returned. So what if it wasn't returned, you can't use that form?

Anyway, back to calling. Do you need to bother with the form if you call? Based on a post above, I assume you don't give them bank details over the phone.

So if I call, can I just ask them to put me in the system to enter my bank details and then wait for that to show up as possible on GMP?

Based on above posts I assume I can't ask them to send a new check to Thailand because they won't.

Edited by Jingthing
30 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

OK,

Still 

I looked at that form and it seems like I would need to tell them that the check was sent (which I can assume) but also that it was returned to the post office (which I don't really know and doubt). 

So to even file that form I would first need to know that it was returned. So what if it wasn't returned, you can't use that form?

Anyway, back to calling. Do you need to bother with the form if you call? Based on a post above, I assume you don't give them bank details over the phone.

So if I call, can I just ask them to put me in the system to enter my bank details and then wait for that to show up as possible on GMP?

u file the form 3911 to report missing or lost payment--or u can call to report same

9 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

This is odd. My bank just got a stimulus direct deposit for something just over $9 from the IRS. I received my $1200 months ago.

Did you file a 2019 1040?

How was the deposit coded? IRS TREAS 310   DES: TAX REF?

Interest was paid on refunds this year, but in my case that was included in the one single direct deposit (Refund + interest). We have to delcare that interest on this year's return.

Edited by mtls2005
1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Did you file a 2019 1040?

How was the deposit coded? IRS TREAS 310   DES: TAX REF?

Interest was paid on refunds this year, but in my case that was included in the one single direct deposit (Refund + interest). We have to delcare that interest on this year's return.

I think you are right. I forgot that I had reported a small 1099 that I got for advice I had given on a building  project.. I had gotten my refund also months ago.

Yeap...probably interest payments on delayed "refunds."  The IRS started sending interest payments over the last few days.  See below USA Today article.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3398937001

CORAL MURPHY | USA TODAY | 9 hours ago

Americans who filed their 2019 federal income tax returns on time should expect a refund this week. 

The Internal Revenue Service and the Treasury Department will send interest payments with an average of $18 to about 13.9 million taxpayers, according to a statement by the IRS. 

The interest payments will be deposited to taxpayers who filed their tax return by this year's July 15 deadline and either received a refund in the past three months or will receive a refund.

Most interest payments will be issued separately from tax refunds, according to the statement. 

More than 12 million taxpayers who received their refund by direct deposit will see their interest payment direct deposited in the same account.

Those who didn't receive their payments through direct deposit will receive a check. A notation on the check − saying "INT Amount" − will identify it as a refund interest payment and indicate the interest amount.

These interest payments are taxable by law, and taxpayers who receive them must report the interest on the 2020 federal income tax return they file next year.

In January, the IRS will send Form 1099-INT to anyone who receives interest totaling at least $10.

On 8/16/2020 at 7:44 PM, ChouDoufu said:

i called the 800-number via skype on august 10th.  check was scheduled to go out may 15th, received the notice at my china address july 02.  after a short 20-minute wait for an operator, only needed the exact address on the notice as verification. 

simple process, answer a few questions as the lady queried the database.  even though my bank info had been entered into the system may 11, they will send out another check, after the trace is complete........in 6-8 weeks. 

after one week, no change in the 'get my payment' status.  so add in another 5-6 weeks transit time to china, i might could be seeing a check (or stinkin' debit card!) around election day. 

**add**

just saw the posting by @Migz above.  perhaps there is hope that i'll get a change in status to direct deposit next week.

update to the never ending story:

called august 10 to initiate trace.  'get my payment' status updated today, new check will be sent out august 28.  check (or debit card?) should be here early october, unless they use the direct deposit info i entered into the system in early may.

2085027451_IRSTRACECHECKAUG28reduced.jpg.e0ae2551539f96b9f7d80759a889ccba.jpg

2 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

called august 10 to initiate trace.

So when you call they do not ask for your direct deposit bank details? Or did they confirm that you had provided those previously somehow?

Based on your screenshot I'd say they're mailing a check, and not doing a direct deposit. 

A DirDep GMP would look like this...

Stimulus-Check-Direct-Deposit-payment-status.jpg

On 8/19/2020 at 10:24 PM, Jingthing said:

OK,

Still quite confused.

Based on above posts I assume I can't ask them to send a new check to Thailand because they won't.

call 'em on skype.  expect to wait around 20 minutes.

they'll ask you for the full address on the 1044 notice you received.

they'll confirm that you waited 9 weeks for an overseas address.

they will then initiate a trace to see if the check was cashed.

if the check was cashed, they'll send you a package of forms.

if not cashed, they'll schedule a new check to be sent to the same address.

'get my payment' will be updated in a couple weeks with a new check mailing date.

43 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So when you call they do not ask for your direct deposit bank details? Or did they confirm that you had provided those previously somehow?

Based on your screenshot I'd say they're mailing a check, and not doing a direct deposit.

that's similar to a screen i got early may confirming my bank information and payment would be direct deposited, but without a date.  a few days later the status message was updated to check being sent.

the irs lady said my bank info was entered after the cutoff date, and delivery method could not be changed.  yes, i expect to receive a check, eventually, but it seems anything is possible....the notice states they will send a letter (another notice 1444?), although irs lady told me i will not get another notice.

Edited by ChouDoufu
1 hour ago, ChouDoufu said:

call 'em on skype.  expect to wait around 20 minutes.

they'll ask you for the full address on the 1044 notice you received.

they'll confirm that you waited 9 weeks for an overseas address.

they will then initiate a trace to see if the check was cashed.

if the check was cashed, they'll send you a package of forms.

if not cashed, they'll schedule a new check to be sent to the same address.

'get my payment' will be updated in a couple weeks with a new check mailing date.

So they will mail another check to Thailand? I recall another post indicating that they won't do that and will require that you change your address to a US address. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

So they will mail another check to Thailand? I recall another post indicating that they won't do that and will require that you change your address to a US address. 

they are (allegedly) sending me a replacement check to china.

you can confirm second check to thailand when you call.

Edited by ChouDoufu
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
On 8/22/2020 at 3:41 PM, Jingthing said:

***UPDATE***

i called the nice lady to request a replacement check on august 10.  they ran a trace to confirm the first check had not been cashed, and scheduled a new check to go out on august 28.

on october 13, a letter from the irs made its way to the middle kingdom, and reached my office in china on the 15th. 

sadly, i did NOT receive a check.  it's ANOTHER letter, dated august 28, informing me a check is on the way.

well, 3 more weeks and i can request another check..............

• Thanks 1

I'm assuming that 13/15 Oct letter was another letter signed by Donald saying, congrats I sent your payment/check recently?   

Even thought that letter is suppose to go out within 15 days of the actual payment (arrive after you get the payment/check) been lots of posts talking where that letter showed up before the check showed up.  Pretty sure that letter gets sent by a different department than the department that sends the payment/check.  

4 hours ago, Pib said:

I'm assuming that 13/15 Oct letter was another letter signed by Donald saying, congrats I sent your payment/check recently?   

Even thought that letter is suppose to go out within 15 days of the actual payment (arrive after you get the payment/check) been lots of posts talking where that letter showed up before the check showed up.  Pretty sure that letter gets sent by a different department than the department that sends the payment/check.  

yes, same letter, NOTICE 1444 (EN-SP), informing me that my check/debit card is on the way.

12 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

sadly, i did NOT receive a check. 

What does GMP give for a status?

I'm still trying to track down my May 8 check. Everyone has been helpful, but no real progress. Told to wait, staff is short. One thing learned was that my address (street name) was incorrect; no clue how that happened or if it lead to my check being undelivered? Also overhear some interesting background audio as these CS folks are working at home.

I've filed a 3911, added my account details, called (3X).

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

I'm wondering if the are manually fixing mistakes they've made yet. Can someone please post the non 800 number again? I'd like to call them, especially if they are going to send another round out, and their computer rejected mine because of a mistake.

For the IRS this is it. 1-267-941-1000

13 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

What does GMP give for a status?

I'm still trying to track down my May 8 check. Everyone has been helpful, but no real progress. Told to wait, staff is short. One thing learned was that my address (street name) was incorrect; no clue how that happened or if it lead to my check being undelivered? Also overhear some interesting background audio as these CS folks are working at home.

I've filed a 3911, added my account details, called (3X).

GMP was updated to show check scheduled to be mailed on 28 august.

did you ever receive a 1444 notice?

• 2 weeks later...

I has taken 185 days to receive a check UPDATE. The check is NOW in my USA Bank by their mobile app and they gave me instant access to the funds.:D:D:D As for a date. This could be a second check. There is what looks like a date upper left 08 21 20 The first one I was told was mailed out May 1 and I reported to real person as at IRS as was their computer system a piece of shyt and would not reconize me. On about July 29th I called again I got a liar that told me NO MORE CHECKS or the DEPT Card. If what I posted as the date is correct the this is a second check. BUT 1200 $ $ is in my US bank.;;money;;;;money;;;;money;;;;money;; 

Edited by khwaibah

I have not kept up with this massively long thread for awhile now; so, I apologize if this info has already been posted elsewhere. I wanted to let everyone know an alternative option that is available to have your missing (stolen, etc.) stimulus check money deposited directly into your U.S. bank account. Like many, I received the letter from Trump, informing me that I should receive a stimulus payment for a certain amount of money. When the money did not come, I waited the 8 or so weeks recommended for U.S. citizens living overseas to get it. It did not come. After much research online and my total inability to talk with an IRS customer rep., I decided to fax the request according to the instructions detailed on the IRS website here: 

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payment-information-center-topic-f-payment-issued-but-lost-stolen-destroyed-or-not-received

I downloaded and followed the instructions for filling out IRS Form 3911 and faxed it to the last number in the chart at the bottom of the page. I then faxed: 1) signed copies of this form (2 pages), 2) a copy of the Trump letter, 3) a cover page to the IRS, using the Fax Fresh app (available online or via download to your computer) for a nominal fee. I chose this service, because it was one of the few that verifies your faxed was received on the other end. It sent me verification via email. I also took a screen shot of the final transaction, just in case there is some issue with the IRS in the future. 

Supposedly, the IRS will deposit this $$ in my U.S. bank account. I will report again, if and when they do. I thought this might help some people who want and alternative way to get their money w/o using the Thai postal system but have not been successful other ways and are not in a big rush to receive it.  

On 10/28/2020 at 12:50 PM, Isaanman said:

I downloaded and followed the instructions for filling out IRS Form 3911 and faxed it to the last number in the chart at the bottom of the page.

All covered in thsi thread.

Many of us went this route. Some say one needs to monitor the Get My Payment site for a subsequent change of status, which asks for your direct deposit info.

I faxed in the 3911, got the prompt at GMP, entered my DirDep details ~ July 30, 2020. Crickets. Many calls, no progress. Will call one last time.

No clue if the new Nov. 21 deadline impacts everyone or just those who didn't 'request' a payment?

~ Nine million didn't receive payment.

Still hoping we can claim the missing payment on our 2020 1040.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

yet another update in the endless saga.........

added my direct deposit info early march....just a few days too late.

check scheduled to go out march 15.

notice 1444 dated march 15 received early july in china.

never got the check.

waited 10 weeks, called 800-919-9835 to start a trace.

get my payment updated within a week, that new check would be sent.

check scheduled for august 28.

notice 1444 dated aug 28 received mid-october in china.

never got the check.

waited 11 weeks, called same number this evening.

2-minute wait to get to call screener, 10-minute wait for an operator.

then the nice man started a trace.

he could NOT schedule direct deposit, check only.

instead of sending the third check to china, he changed my address to

my parents stateside address.

this time they needed detailed info NOT available on my tax forms, possibly

because of the address change.  he need to know my main source of income. 

"dividends/cap gains"  was NOT enough detail.  he did not ask for AGI.

he needed to know what financial entity paid the funds.

in my case "fidelity" was insufficient, they needed the official name of the company

that handles transactions for them.  (national financial services)

total time on phone was 55 minutes.

anyhoo........the third check should be cut within 6 weeks, sent to a usa address.

• Like 1