Booze ban: Thailand's one million heavy drinkers face serious health and withdrawal issues

webfact

You know, I see a big problem here...I seen this post come out yesterday and thought, "OK, i'm sure many will post their advice based on there own experiences getting involved in these cheap alcohals here, and their advice on what they did to stop the addiction from taking over their lives". But, I don't see any coming forth. OK, so out of the "millions" of alcohalics here, no one will step forth, and no one offers help? OK, I understand. I would like to offer my experience and maybe it will help someone. I got messed up with the cheap alcohals (poisons) here. It always starts out with laughing and having a good time with your friends..but then, after a few days, it starts to get in under your skin. In the US, pill pushing Drs know it will take only 20 days of taking pain meds, before your body can get addicted and will start screaming out for "more", every day. I know this from experience. I had cracked discs and vertibreas from a couple totalled cars i had been in, when i was younger. I had real pain and about 10 yrs later called a Doctor who examined me, me x-rays, and he presecribed 15mg hydocodines to me. Yeah, after taking the 1st pill, i was a happy camper, and he gave me a 100 pill script WITH 2 more refills. that was 300 pills. Yeah, i got addicted and soon, i was lying just to get more. But soon I had to wake up and see what this was doing to me. If i took 10 of these per day i would be putting 5000 mgs of Tylenal into my kidneys and liver. My body started to swell up and everything began to "plug up". Hard to impossible to "poop", greatly reduced appetite. So less food in, but everything blowing up. I did get off these after alot of research online and through several private online forums. I met many who were up to as much as 20-30 pills a day. Do you know, i could not find any Drs who would tell you how to get off these opioids or sell you something to help you detox? I finally made my own detox plans..i went to foreign online pharmacies, and basically had to buy things "Illegally" just to get help. So I bought a medicine to used for night sweats, then, heart palpitations, low mg pain meds with no tylenal, ect. I did make it, and started taking Omegas 3,6,8 fish oil capsuels. About 7 months later i woke up one day, reaching to rub the pain in my back, and said "What? What? What? Haha, there was no more pain. That was almost 15 years ago, now. 

So, lets get to the alcohal....Its more dangerous, and can "<deleted>$k" up your whole life. I never liked drinking...hated the taste, smell, the effects. I grew up on some nice weed in the 70;s and was more than happy with that. It never made me feel "bloated", or clumsy, or dangerous behind the wheel. ect. But, haven't had any weed since then. Because nows its mostly GmO and way to strong. So, the alcohals are very dangerous..and the Governments prefer it over some weed that might heal your pain, eye problems, loss of appetite, sleep problems, ect. They prefer alcohal because it generates arrests and money, and these keep them busy. Let me speed this up..if you are a alcohalic or just shaking from not getting your next drink, Get yourself some tumeric capsules and some very sugary flavered drinks, because your body is missing  (craving) that "sugar jolt", that you were getting from the alcohal spiking your insulin levels. Try to do some exercise, drink lots of water to flush the alcohal from your body, liver and kidneys, ect. Take lots of the tumeric daily, 4 to 8 capsukes, and you will start to feel better, and probably avoid the shakes..but your sleep will take a couple days. Just be patient. You poisoned yourself, so be thankful you are on your way to recovery. Then set concret goals to help avoid a recourrance. Its hard, I know, but not impossible. And remember this..people will be forced to give up all these "habits",in this NWO coming upon us.  Hope this helps someone.

• Like 1

I suffered from alcohol withdrawal after a few years of heavy drinking, it's no joke.

The depression is overwhelming. The physical problems (shaking and fits) are frightening. I had 'wet brain' for 2-3 months.

Diazepam probably saved my life.

Myths:-

(1) Being an alcoholic is not a sign of weakness. It is an easily attainable product and many of us have to cope with unavoidable problems ( the death of my wife in my case.)

We are only human. Alcohol is an easy and instant release.

(2) It is not a permanent state. I can now enjoy a social drink or two without the need to be dependent.

I, for one, feel sorry for the impoverished Thai alcoholic with a mountain of problems other than booze who has to go through withdrawal without the help I found necessary.

Alcohol withdrawal is awful and dangerous.

Why do people always have to administer blame? We are the only living species aware of our mortality after all. Escapism is not weakness.

Edited by Beechboy
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, smilemaker said:

You know, I see a big problem here...I seen this post come out yesterday and thought, "OK, i'm sure many will post their advice based on there own experiences getting involved in these cheap alcohals here, and their advice on what they did to stop the addiction from taking over their lives". But, I don't see any coming forth. OK, so out of the "millions" of alcohalics here, no one will step forth, and no one offers help? OK, I understand. I would like to offer my experience and maybe it will help someone. I got messed up with the cheap alcohals (poisons) here. It always starts out with laughing and having a good time with your friends..but then, after a few days, it starts to get in under your skin. In the US, pill pushing Drs know it will take only 20 days of taking pain meds, before your body can get addicted and will start screaming out for "more", every day. I know this from experience. I had cracked discs and vertibreas from a couple totalled cars i had been in, when i was younger. I had real pain and about 10 yrs later called a Doctor who examined me, me x-rays, and he presecribed 15mg hydocodines to me. Yeah, after taking the 1st pill, i was a happy camper, and he gave me a 100 pill script WITH 2 more refills. that was 300 pills. Yeah, i got addicted and soon, i was lying just to get more. But soon I had to wake up and see what this was doing to me. If i took 10 of these per day i would be putting 5000 mgs of Tylenal into my kidneys and liver. My body started to swell up and everything began to "plug up". Hard to impossible to "poop", greatly reduced appetite. So less food in, but everything blowing up. I did get off these after alot of research online and through several private online forums. I met many who were up to as much as 20-30 pills a day. Do you know, i could not find any Drs who would tell you how to get off these opioids or sell you something to help you detox? I finally made my own detox plans..i went to foreign online pharmacies, and basically had to buy things "Illegally" just to get help. So I bought a medicine to used for night sweats, then, heart palpitations, low mg pain meds with no tylenal, ect. I did make it, and started taking Omegas 3,6,8 fish oil capsuels. About 7 months later i woke up one day, reaching to rub the pain in my back, and said "What? What? What? Haha, there was no more pain. That was almost 15 years ago, now. 

So, lets get to the alcohal....Its more dangerous, and can "<deleted>$k" up your whole life. I never liked drinking...hated the taste, smell, the effects. I grew up on some nice weed in the 70;s and was more than happy with that. It never made me feel "bloated", or clumsy, or dangerous behind the wheel. ect. But, haven't had any weed since then. Because nows its mostly GmO and way to strong. So, the alcohals are very dangerous..and the Governments prefer it over some weed that might heal your pain, eye problems, loss of appetite, sleep problems, ect. They prefer alcohal because it generates arrests and money, and these keep them busy. Let me speed this up..if you are a alcohalic or just shaking from not getting your next drink, Get yourself some tumeric capsules and some very sugary flavered drinks, because your body is missing  (craving) that "sugar jolt", that you were getting from the alcohal spiking your insulin levels. Try to do some exercise, drink lots of water to flush the alcohal from your body, liver and kidneys, ect. Take lots of the tumeric daily, 4 to 8 capsukes, and you will start to feel better, and probably avoid the shakes..but your sleep will take a couple days. Just be patient. You poisoned yourself, so be thankful you are on your way to recovery. Then set concret goals to help avoid a recourrance. Its hard, I know, but not impossible. And remember this..people will be forced to give up all these "habits",in this NWO coming upon us.  Hope this helps someone.

Nobody to help?  So we all tell our complaints will?

On 4/14/2020 at 9:40 AM, Joinaman said:

Not sure how this will effect the alcoholics in all the villages, seems no problem with buying beer and whiskey. Makro still selling it where i am, told people are buying and shipping it to other dry, provinces  

If they are buying and shipping to other provinces then they would be breaking the law (IMHO).  Wholesale sellers have been told not to sell and ship to provinces where there are restrictions.  Are their no sales restrictions in your province?  Anyways the buyers who are shipping to restricted provinces would be violating the law.

That said, I know the stated reasons for banning alcohol sales -- and they may have some effect... but they are going after the wrong behaviour.   It is not drinking that is the problem and suddenly stopping alcohol sales will not help you if you are infected... it is the lack of social distancing 'with or without alcohol' that is the problem.  It would be akin to implementing restrictions on people driving on public roads and to enforce that action prevent the sale of all fuel....  which is used for other purposes like farming.   Best to stop the driving with roadblocks -- not the sale of fuel... Same with alcohol, sales should continue (probably even temporarily dropping the hour restrictions -- since no schools / restaurants or bars are open anyway). 

Edited by bkkcanuck8