still seeking clarity on 30 day tourist visa

a week or so ago i attended the "impact" section and had my original 30day visa exemption extended to may 7th

Since then seen countless posts on here regarding amnestys and thelike but am still struggling to be clean on if i need to attend again to renew a 2nd time or if i am covered by any "amnesty" beyond may 7th

Can anyone post a clear message as opposed to gobbeldegook about renewing a 2nd time(if that is now nesssary)?

Edited by solomon david
i actually flew into bangkok(from siem reap,cambodia)
  • Haha 1

Relax. Do nothing now. The amnesty will be extended. Most likely 15 or 30 days at a time then finally people will be given certain amount of time. Maybe 7 days to obtain new stamp (border bounce) or just leave Thailand.

5 minutes ago, solomon david said:

leave thailand for were as all the borders are closed.....again does this mean a visa extension will be assumed to be in my passport beyond the existing stamp of may 7th?

Yes it does.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Relax. Do nothing now. The amnesty will be extended. Most likely 15 or 30 days at a time then finally people will be given certain amount of time. Maybe 7 days to obtain new stamp (border bounce) or just leave Thailand.

There will be no 7 days to leave Thailand except for stranded people from neighbouring countries. 

I sincerely hope I am not repeating what has seemingly already been answered... but I came in March 2nd I think, via border from Myanmar, and on 30 days, which I then extended about April 1st for 30 more days, and my latest stamp says I am legal until May 1st. 

I haven't made/given and requested a letter from my Embassy, and just wondering what should I do?  Is it safe to assume that they will give further amnesty?  What if Immigration assume that the initial amnesty was giving foreign nationals time to return home, and therefore they don't extend it? 

I just want to avoid law-breaking and overstay as this has been my home mostly since 1995.  To get up and leave isn't easy and god alone knows I don't want to be travelling to the UK at a time like this. 

So, once the May 1st date passes, will I be on overstay?  Have there been any more announcements by Immigration about what will happen after their initial amnesty until April 30th?

Suggestions/ideas please? And many many thanks in advance. Hope everyone is safe and well. 

I was waiting for the official announcement from immigration last week, and was ready to pay an agent to do my extension if the announcement didn’t come through on time. Then it did. 
my exemption stamp expired yesterday, and I’ve done nothing, as was advised by most posters here, as well as immigration themselves. At least that’s how I read into it.
Then yesterday, a guy who is staying in my hotel, tells me that he had just come back from immigration in Jomtien, and got a renewal for 1900 Baht. I told him that I thought we didn’t have to do anything, and would be granted automatic extensions until at least the 30th, with another extension most likely on the way if necessary. 
He told me that isn’t the case, and that immigration officers gave him some runaround reason why.

I suspect that this guy was just being paranoid, not keeping up on the latest information, and made himself an easy target when he walked through the doors at immigration, despite not having to do so. At the same time, I will be pretty unimpressed if I missed some technicality, and I am hit with an overstay fine when I leave the country. 

I entered from Laos on March 16th, so as I understand things, I should do nothing, and will pay no overstay as long as I leave the country when it is possible to do so.

4 hours ago, Ryan754326 said:

I was waiting for the official announcement from immigration last week, and was ready to pay an agent to do my extension if the announcement didn’t come through on time. Then it did. 
my exemption stamp expired yesterday, and I’ve done nothing, as was advised by most posters here, as well as immigration themselves. At least that’s how I read into it.
Then yesterday, a guy who is staying in my hotel, tells me that he had just come back from immigration in Jomtien, and got a renewal for 1900 Baht. I told him that I thought we didn’t have to do anything, and would be granted automatic extensions until at least the 30th, with another extension most likely on the way if necessary. 
He told me that isn’t the case, and that immigration officers gave him some runaround reason why.

I suspect that this guy was just being paranoid, not keeping up on the latest information, and made himself an easy target when he walked through the doors at immigration, despite not having to do so. At the same time, I will be pretty unimpressed if I missed some technicality, and I am hit with an overstay fine when I leave the country. 

I entered from Laos on March 16th, so as I understand things, I should do nothing, and will pay no overstay as long as I leave the country when it is possible to do so.

Do nothing. You are covered under amnesty. Which will continue into May.

7 hours ago, Max69xl said:

There will be no 7 days to leave Thailand except for stranded people from neighbouring countries. 

You misunderstood my post. I'm not referring to the 7days given after refusal of extension, when that result is already known. Along with the already announced 7 days for migrant workers.

The amnesty at present is till end of April.

Clearly it will be extended. At some point when borders open (including airports) then next stage of "amnesty" will be announced. That could be 7, 14, or whatever to guide folk what they need to do. Could be as simple as border bounce. For some will be return home. For others attend nearby consulate for visa. etc

Your post is useless.

28 minutes ago, solomon david said:

Good post

I received an email from turkish airlines last week and stating they will give me till February 2021 to fly back to Greece from kl... My scheduled return date was April 14th

David what has your airline got to do with permission of stay in Thailand.

I currently have credit for cancellations to Japan, Au and Vietnam. 

When amnesty ends unless you do border run etc you leave.