Medical certificate

I have chronic bronchitis and chronic cough and I need oxygen a lot of the time. I am 89 years old I also have a lot of health problems including cancer and I am completely disabled. I consider it very dangerous for me to go out and the government had advised elderly people to stay home. I'm sure my doctors would give me a medical certificate to certify the above. I have to renew my marriage visa extension next month.  However my wife is very ill and she cannot go to immigration. I'm thinking the best thing to do would be to change my marriage Visa extension to retirement Visa extension. I have the money in the bank 800 K for three months. I would be grateful if anyone can advise me what to do. I am wondering if the bank can issue a letter confirming my deposit without me going there and trying to get someone to do the Visa extension for me.

Or maybe under the circumstances just getting my passport and medical certificate to emigration would they extend the Visa 'for three months I can't sign anything because my hands are paralysed.

Thanks for any advice

21 hours ago, tonray said:

This may be one of those situations where using an agent makes sense

If u  use an agent you still have to go to immigration for photo taken this is whst i was told by a visa shop when i asked for a neighbour who has MS and his 100% dependant on a electric wheelchair.good luck hope u can get something sorted 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

With a power of attorney you could authorize somebody to do about everything for you.

With proof you cannot go to immigration yourself somebody could submit the extension application for you.

above You have Best reply.

Limited power of attorney would be the best. Just use for immigration purpose and do not need any agent 

Wish you good luck and All the best

On 4/16/2020 at 10:55 AM, Gilltom said:

If u  use an agent you still have to go to immigration for photo taken this is whst i was told by a visa shop when i asked for a neighbour who has MS and his 100% dependant on a electric wheelchair.good luck hope u can get something sorted 

This isnt correct.

I am not in HH , so cant help , but my agent only wanted a passport size pic , my passport , my bankbook , and cash payment. My passport was returned in 10 days with stamps all correct. There will be some agent  in HH that can do it , plus all your 90 day reports , 'Proof of Residence' etc.. Grace at Thai Visa Centre is based in Bkk , so 3 hours away  and very helpful.

22 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

This isnt correct.

I am not in HH , so cant help , but my agent only wanted a passport size pic , my passport , my bankbook , and cash payment. My passport was returned in 10 days with stamps all correct. There will be some agent  in HH that can do it , plus all your 90 day reports , 'Proof of Residence' etc.. Grace at Thai Visa Centre is based in Bkk , so 3 hours away  and very helpful.

Thai Visa Centre also can accept passport through EMS, so this is a valid option IF he actually needs an agent to support his requirements. If not then he should do what ubonjoe has said in relation to "power of attorney", and have photos or medical documentation to back up the condition if anything were to be questioned.

Id recommend going to MedConsult Clinic if you need a medical certificate. They provide them for less than 1000 Baht including the consultation with the doctor, quick and easy too/ you can book online.

medconsultasia.com