Krabi drinking party raided by police

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Krabi: Scandinavian pensioners/Thai women arrested for contravening emergency decree at house drinks party

2pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

The Ao Nang police chief Pol Col Apichart Jinapen sent in his men after he got a tip that a group of foreigners and Thai women were enjoying themselves in the garden of a house having a drinks party. 

Plenty of evidence in the form of beer and spirits and mixers was discovered. 

Eight people were taken in to face charges of contravening the emergency decree rules on congregating. 

Naew Na said there were five Thai women and three foreigners. They then listed the names of four Thai women and four Scandinavians. 

The Thai women were aged 28,39, and two of 45. The foreigners were Norwegians aged 62 and 63 and Swedes aged 65 and 74. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-16

I sit with my Thai family daily same as on the picture inside our garden. 6-8 person, enjoy our dinner together, of course with a couple of cold beers. All our neighbours do the same. Its thai tradition enjoy food and drink together. At these days only different thing, i strictly have my own bottle, other family members share bottle as they always do, together mixed with ice.  So its not allowed sit with family or good friends of family together??? Come on.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

i suggest all farangs to call thai police on their noisy and drinking neighbors, at least few month of quiet life is assured

Not a good idea as the police will rush over to your neighbors and tell on you for reporting them. Then they come ask you why you want make problem with Thai people? ????  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fatman666 said:

I sit with my Thai family daily same as on the picture inside our garden. 6-8 person, enjoy our dinner together, of course with a couple of cold beers. All our neighbours do the same. Its thai tradition enjoy food and drink together. At these days only different thing, i strictly have my own bottle, other family members share bottle as they always do, together mixed with ice.  So its not allowed sit with family or good friends of family together??? Come on.  

It's the same here. We have a big garden and often sit out together in the cool evening air. Maybe we should stay indoors.

There is no mention of whether they all live there or not. It is quite possible they all rent the house together. 

Is eating dinner together a"party".

For me a party is dancing, music , fun and so on.

Edited by petedk
  • Like 1

They apparently were not practicing social distancing while drinking. In chonburi they don't even let you sit with more than one mate you arrive with and this was before the lockdown in pattaya. 

This seems to be happening alot to foreigners who gather with friends in their homes throughout Thailand. However thais don't have the money to dish out so are not bothered as much if doing it unless they are in an establishment doing it openly. Perhaps the white skin draws more attention to authorities. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

No Gathering, No Parties what don’t you get , Scannies always make their own rules  

No gathering?

Take a look outside a popular restaurant. There can be anything from 5 to 20 Grab motorcyclists waiting and talking together. I have seen a few park 10 - 20 metres away though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fatman666 said:

You can sit with your family (thai or farang) together and eat and drink if they live in the same house. But it's against the law (in the moment) to do it with friends and family members who live otherwhere.

Why this is so difficult to understand by some people?

2 hours ago, snowgard said:

You can sit with your family (thai or farang) together and eat and drink if they live in the same house. But it's against the law (in the moment) to do it with friends and family members who live otherwhere.

We live in two separate houses directly next to each other not 10 meters away. In house 1, i and my wife with doughter. House 2 Mama and papa of my wife with one sister of my wife and her husband. Few streets away another sister of my family with 4 family members. They discuss together the daily news and what will happen in the near future and we are helping each other with food and tips how we can survive this crisis. Everybody now with no income and nobody qualified for governments 5.000 THB help program. So you think its against the law to sit down with family. If its so, so its very difficult to understand , yes.

I am sure it is against the law now but I understand your point. From the other side you don't know if a family member (down the street) got infected and visit you now. So it's up to you to take care yourself. In the moment without a mask it is like a lotterie because you can't see who is infected or not.

Take care yourself!!!

11 hours ago, snowgard said:

I don't find it difficult to understand.

I also said in another post that maybe, just maybe these people rent the house together. It doesn't mention in the article

I pretty sure that if the 4 Thai women had been on their own, or maybe with 4 Thai men, there would be no problem whatsoever.  I know any number of Thai ladies who gather together daily to play cards, gamble and drink.  That never seems to be an issue, even though gambling is supposed to be illegal all the time.  It is the presence of the the dirty farangs that makes it a problem.  One law for Thai's one for us, as usual, that's the way it is, accept it or leave.