Paul McCartney declares The Beatles are better than the Rolling Stones but says they 'admire each other'

snoop1130

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

Better songwriters, perhaps? Don't think there's any perhaps about it.

Okay, I concede on that. You are right the Beatles were far and away better song writers. I think I have been listening to more Stones lately. But I was definately wrong Beatles are the master song writers tremendous original lyrics and melodies.

3 hours ago, Grusa said:

I thought it was two bands?

Hitler was influential and innovative. Am I supposed to like him too?

I love that song, 

"Springtime for Hitler in Germany"

They stole that from him in that movie "The Producers"

12 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

I love that song, 

"Springtime for Hitler in Germany"

They stole that from him in that movie "The Producers"

What are you saying, that the Beatles stole that song?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Yes along with 20 other bands.

No, the Beatles were standouts whether you like it or not, there had been nothing like Sgt. Pepper before, even the Stones tried to compete when they released On Her Satanic Majesties Request, but weren't even in the running.

21 hours ago, CMHomeboy78 said:

For anybody old enough to remember, the Beatles personified the Mods, the Stones did a good imitation of the Rockers.

The Mods rode scooters, the Rockers rode Triumphs, BSAs, and Harleys.

Different strokes for different folks.

I was a Mod and the Stones music was listened to by Mods as well as Greasers.

Never saw a Greaser on a Harley in the UK whilst out on my Vespa.......

mods.jpg.902244c1fbff86e1d40cd6a0cf041645.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, transam said:

Totally different bands and music....I know, I was there....????

The Beatles split near half a century back, yet near everyone on the planet knows who they are/were...Think that counts for a lot.

If the Stones split half a century back, would folk now know who they were, got my doubts...

Hit the nail on the head there. 

I wish I'd been around when the Beatles were, but I didn't enter this world until 1969. Yet my brother and I were huge Beatles fans in our teens (mid 1980s), and so were lots of our friends. 

Fast forward to today, and my daughter's boyfriend (20 yrs old) is a a huge fan of Beatles music. 

I don't know any Stones fans in my generation or younger, even though they're still (sort of) going. That said, there are 2\3 Stones tracks I love - Paint it Black being one of my all time favourites. And hats off to the Stones for their longevity as a force. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Blues came first. Beatles just catchy white folk junk really. Maybe 5 good songs and lots of junk. she loves me yeah etc what junk

Elvis did yeah, yeah before the Beatles. What about All Shook Up?

McCartney doing the Time Warp again!

Saw him on a chat show not long ago and the guy does not have an ounce of humility. 

Anyway everybody knows Paul died in the 1960s.  Just play their songs backwards and at varying speeds and all will be revealed!!

????

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, MisterTee said:

The Beatles and the Stones had no relation to the Mods and Rockers?

They certainly dressed and acted the parts in the early days.  Maybe it wasn't convincing enough for you and your mates.

His Satanic Majesty got a dose of reality at Altamont and things were never the same after that.

Incidentally, some of the posts on this thread sound like they come from brainwashed children whose cult leaders have been laughed at.

9 hours ago, Mayhem11 said:

Right on Mr Tee

Thanks for the encouraging word.

The topic was clickbait to begin with and the thread has descended into farce.

4 hours ago, MisterTee said:

Thanks for the encouraging word.

The topic was clickbait to begin with and the thread has descended into farce.

The posts are so strange here and everywhere. Written it seems by people with no first hand knowledge of topic...so they quickly go review a couple of websites, then post this mess of facts jumbled together weirdly, which then causes replies from those outraged by such strange opinions, that I don't know, seem to come from paid posters in some farm somewhere in Wuhan.

A crazy theory I know but it seems to happen on every topic. Surely such an idea would drive up ad revenue, but I have no proof of such a crazy idea..........

19 hours ago, transam said:

I was a Mod and the Stones music was listened to by Mods as well as Greasers.

Never saw a Greaser on a Harley in the UK whilst out on my Vespa.......

mods.jpg.902244c1fbff86e1d40cd6a0cf041645.jpg

I am 61 and I was 6 years old in 1964. My Mom was age 24 in that year....she is 80 now. Curious how old are you?

1 minute ago, WalkingOrders said:

I am 61 and I was 6 years old in 1964. My Mom was age 24 in that year....she is 80 now. Curious how old are you?

In between you both......At the age of 15 I wore a parka on my Lambretta to go to school, nooooo, no well off parents, I went to work after school......:stoner:

• Thanks 1