Just received my US Stimulus wire

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It will not work for you.

"Do not use this application if you receive the benefits below. If you receive these benefits, we already have your information and you will receive $1,200.

• Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), or survivor benefits
  • Railroad Retirement and Survivor Benefits"

Source: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

That is exactly the same form we had to use as well. Correct! Do you know approximately how long it takes to receive it after the IRS has accepted it? Thanks 

• Like 2

Also remember the amount you get changes based on how much you earned last year.  And you may, like me, not be entitled to any money at all.  Or a lot less than the $1,200.

Couple of quotes from the IRS website.

"However, for higher income individuals, the Payment amount is reduced by 5% of the amount that your adjusted gross income exceeds $75,000 ($112,500 for taxpayers filing as head of household or $150,000 for taxpayers filing a joint return), until it is $0."

"The Get My Payment application will return “Status Not Available” if you are not eligible for a payment or we don’t have enough information yet to provide a status."

38 minutes ago, TikiT said:

Thank you I was wondering about that because the IRS just accepted ours 3 days ago on the 14th. How long did it take for you to receive it after the IRS accepted it? I don’t have any doubts at all because they’ve been really clear about who’s eligible pretty much anyone with a US Social Security number is eligible even if you pay no taxes still eligible!! 

I did my e-filing on March 2 and got notice (via the check my refund webpage) that my return was accepted and refund approved on April 13.. so about 6 weeks.  Now that my refund is ready and it will be via DD, that means my stimulus funds can now be done as my bank info is on file now as well.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, johnnynmonic said:

Did you file your taxes with a Thai address, or the U.S. address associated with you credit union?

I filed my taxes with Thailand address, but US bank account, received on the 15th

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

I understand that the UK govt denies similar inflation adjustments to NI recipients abroad.  Seems like slow torture into old age poverty to me, but that's the Tories for you.

Labor Governments have failed to address it too

12 hours ago, jadee said:

I'm British so this is really none of my business but I'm just bored and curious - so if you're American and living in Thailand you still need to file a tax return? Even if you don't live in the US? What if you don't have a home in the US? 

still need to file a tax return... my income is generated in USA and is taxed there too... seems fair to me. 

I think there might be minimums and if you don't earn enough, then you don't need to file. ??

I am happy the poster got his stimulus. I have already noticed that elswhere under stimulus topics on TVF that nonscrupulous non-American posers as Americans are posting pure BS. The only place you need to go is:

IRS.GOV 

Unless just saying Congratulations which I am saying now!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

I am happy the poster got his stimulus. I have already noticed that elswhere under stimulus topics on TVF that nonscrupulous non-American posers as Americans are posting pure BS. The only place you need to go is:

IRS.GOV 

Unless just saying Congratulations which I am saying now!

Obviously, but if you have already received it as in for real received it lol, then you can answer questions like how long it took to receive it after the IRS accepted it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chicowoodduck said:

And I forgot to mention ....hope to spend it all in one place......????????????????????????

1C3956BA-AC86-4014-A767-64614F793BE7.jpeg

How long did it take to receive the direct deposit to your account after you received the IRS acceptance email? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Still waiting mine. Never file taxes because SSDI barely meets Thailand income reporting requirements. So no need to file US Taxes. One thing concerned me though. Their new app Get my Payment still doesn't show me. 

Has anyone been able to get positive info from that app? 

Screenshot_20200416_085515_com.android.chrome.jpg

Im getting this message too. Anyone who received the 2400 did you claim your wife with a tin #

23 hours ago, johnnynmonic said:

Did you file your taxes with a Thai address, or the U.S. address associated with you credit union?

He used a US address, noted above. I used a Thai home address, and mine has been deposited in my US-based credit union. 

Edited by LawrenceN
Corrected for clarity.

13 hours ago, jadee said:

I'm British so this is really none of my business but I'm just bored and curious - so if you're American and living in Thailand you still need to file a tax return? Even if you don't live in the US? What if you don't have a home in the US? 

If you make over a certain amount, I think like $12,000 USD you have to file. If you don't make that much, you don't file.

• Like 1

The IRS is distributing monies by going down a list.

Apparently, they started with people who filed taxes in 2018 and have provided direct deposit info.  Then 2019 filers.  Then SS recipients, those who never filed but requested payment, and so on.  Those who have no direct deposit info and requested a check will be at the bottom of the list and it may take months.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, jadee said:

so if you're American and living in Thailand you still need to file a tax return?

Me and many other Americans had to take out hefty loans in order to attend university. Not like when it was affordable for my mom, and not like in other countries where it's free. Thus, every year I keep filing to prove to them that with my meager teaching salary, I cannot repay the loan.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, jadee said:

there is a LIST of things americans have to file every year.    how about the one where you have to list each bank account and amount .   there are others, depending on ones situation.

the one thing i am thankful for........ we do get full social security benefit (SO FAR) .

The countries that deny/cut benefits from retirees because they now live in another country are

............. (deleted ).   

1 hour ago, yankee99 said:

Im getting this message too. Anyone who received the 2400 did you claim your wife with a tin #

No and you probably won’t get it. What I read is if one spouse uses itin# the whole family is ineligible. I’m in that category as my daughter and myself are both Citizens 

5 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Still waiting mine. Never file taxes because SSDI barely meets Thailand income reporting requirements. So no need to file US Taxes. One thing concerned me though. Their new app Get my Payment still doesn't show me. 

Has anyone been able to get positive info from that app? 

Screenshot_20200416_085515_com.android.chrome.jpg

Yes, I got that message and then read reasons for why. Last reason was if I am currently on SS I will not get any information on the IRS site. So I can only see a deposit to my NYBB when it transfers.