Just received my US Stimulus wire

Still waiting mine. Never file taxes because SSDI barely meets Thailand income reporting requirements. So no need to file US Taxes. One thing concerned me though. Their new app Get my Payment still doesn't show me. 

Has anyone been able to get positive info from that app? 

Screenshot_20200416_085515_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

I checked my payment status and got a message stating the IRS can not determine my eligibility. 

There is nothing on the IRS website to tell you what the problem is or how to resolve it. 

I twittered the irs and csnbc and got reply that kept changing. One showed ineligible. The other showed some recipients who collect ssi or other government pensions that are automatically sent to banks are not showing using the app. So it's now just a wait and see thing. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

Still waiting mine. Never file taxes because SSDI barely meets Thailand income reporting requirements. So no need to file US Taxes. One thing concerned me though. Their new app Get my Payment still doesn't show me. 

Yes...mine says I am eligible and they will update it when my payment has been sent.

If you don't file...you need to enter your bank account Info if you want to be able to track with this tool

Edited by tonray
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

nothing to stimulate there, girls being all back in Issan

Heh, I'm back in Issan now stimulating the economy, feeding the fam.

However, many like me are running into this same error with the IRS "Get My Payment". I put in my basic info, it says I'm eligible for the payment. Then I do the bank acct section. Then it says "sorry, there's been an error". Then I was locked out for 24 hours. About to try again in an hour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thesetat2013 said:

If you will click on the "Frequently Asked Questions" you will see the following information:

Payment Status Not Available

In certain cases, the Get My Payment app will be unable to tell you the status of your payment.  You may receive this message for one of the following reasons:

• If you are not eligible for a payment (see IRS.gov on who is eligible and who is not eligible)
  • If you are required to file a tax return and have not filed in tax year 2018 or 2019.
  • If you recently filed your return or provided information through Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info on IRS.gov. Your payment status will be updated when processing is completed.
  • If you are a SSA or RRB Form 1099 recipient, SSI or VA benefit recipient – the IRS is working with your agency to issue your payment; your information is not available in this app yet.

You can check the app again to see whether there has been an update to your information.  Get My Payment data is updated once per day, so there’s no need to check back more frequently.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jadee said:

I'm British so this is really none of my business but I'm just bored and curious - so if you're American and living in Thailand you still need to file a tax return? Even if you don't live in the US? What if you don't have a home in the US? 

Americans are liable for federal income tax on our worldwide income no matter where we live.  There are a few other countries like China that tax their citizens on worldwide income.  We envy you Europeans who can move to Thailand and not pay income tax anywhere.  On the other hand, American expats remain fully eligible to receive Social Security payments while living abroad including the same annual cost of living adjustments as recipients residing the US.  I understand that the UK govt denies similar inflation adjustments to NI recipients abroad.  Seems like slow torture into old age poverty to me, but that's the Tories for you.