Hot weather and thundershowers forecast for upper Thailand, heavy rains in the South

webfact

Hot weather and thundershowers forecast for upper Thailand, heavy rains in the South

By THE NATION

800_136f82dafaf9913.jpg?v=1586999843

The Thailand Meteorological Department forecast on Thursday (April 16) that a thermal low covers upper Thailand while the southerly and the southeasterly winds blow humidity into the lower North, the Northeast, the Central and the East regions.

Hot to very hot conditions are forecast for some parts of the upper country while thundershowers are likely in the lower North, the Northeast, the Central including Bangkok and its vicinity, and the East regions. People should beware of severe weather.

The weather forecast for the next 24 hours is as follows:

Northern region: Hot to very hot with thundershowers in 10 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 22-25 degrees and highs of 37-41 degrees Celsius.

Northeastern region: Hot with thundershowers in 10 per cent of the areas, temperature lows of 22-25 degrees and highs of 36-38 degrees Celsius.

Central region: Hot with thundershowers in 10 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 25-28 degrees, highs of 37-40 degrees Celsius.

Eastern region: Hot with thundershowers in 20 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 24-28 degrees, highs of 34-38 degrees Celsius; waves a metre high and 1-2 metres during thundershowers.

Southern region (east coast): Thundershowers in 40 per cent of the areas with gusty winds and heavy rains in some areas; temperature lows of 24-28 degrees, highs of 33-36 degrees Celsius; waves a metre high and two metres during thundershowers.

Southern region (west coast): Thundershowers and gusty winds in 40 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 24-26 degrees, highs of 34-36 degrees Celsius; waves a metre high and two metres during thundershowers.

Bangkok and surrounding areas: Hot with thundershowers in 10 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 26-27 degrees, highs of 36-39 degrees Celsius.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386098

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-16

Govt. forecasts are useful for those unlucky enough to live in cities.

Watch and listen to the wildlife, if your lucky enough to have some around you.
Cows and buffalo activity can sometimes change.
As a last ( first ) resort listen to your own body and even stick a finger in the air.

22 minutes ago, missoura said:

My weather rock is more accurate...

weather rock.jpg

My weather rock looks suspiciously like my head (though still attached to my body thankfully) ! It's ability to determine the weather depends on whether or not it is outside - or even awake !
It is usually pretty darn accurate as well.
If the weather is blistering hot - it sweats and burns, meaning it's probably sunny weather.
If the weather is blustery and hot - it sweats and it's hair blows hither and yon.
If the weather is overcast and raining - it sweats (because it's still hot) and drips onto the rest of the machine.
If the weather is freezing and snowing - what the **** am I doing back in Canada ??!? In the Summertime !! Get me outa here !

There have been storm clouds off shore (of Pattaya) all morning, but no thunder or lightning and they appear to just be sitting there, unwilling to shed their precious water on the city or in it's reservoirs.
(Just checked the weather rock - the storm clouds seem to have moved away but there are some slightly fluffy ones coming from the East now - but not dark enough or thick enough to suggest a major rain in the making.)

• Haha 2

Very hard rain storm in Chiang Mai late last night.

But once again over in around 20 minutes, temperature was wonderful. 

So I hope the same happens today, only for a longer time period...

• Like 1

They said Fog for my Area, total Sunshine today, they said beware Gales n Thunder, we got Misty Skies, they said Sunshine, cant fool me anymore. that means Rain.!!.  Recon they are related to T.A.T. Visitor Arrivals Truth Dept. Only get the Car Washed when Rains forecast so it doesn't get dirty.!

7 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

Only get the Car Washed when Rains forecast so it doesn't get dirty.!

Lol - I rely on my neighbour to tell me if it's going to rain soon.

Everytime he washes his car or minivan, it rains within a few hours. I even joke with him about it now, when I see him starting to wash a vehicle I look up at the sky and make a guess about how long it will be before it starts raining.

Although no one around my neighbourhood seems to be washing their vehicles lately (or wasting water in other ways). Maybe the water cut-offs are starting to sink through their thinking.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Lol - I rely on my neighbour to tell me if it's going to rain soon.

Everytime he washes his car or minivan, it rains within a few hours. I even joke with him about it now, when I see him starting to wash a vehicle I look up at the sky and make a guess about how long it will be before it starts raining.

Although no one around my neighbourhood seems to be washing their vehicles lately (or wasting water in other ways). Maybe the water cut-offs are starting to sink through their thinking.

Its a.wonder Flightradar24 hasnt been banned. The dam thing keeps showing up all those nasty Aeroplanes coming from China. Just carrying medical supplies and no Tourists so no worries there.!.

1 hour ago, lee b said:

Very hard rain storm in Chiang Mai late last night.

But once again over in around 20 minutes, temperature was wonderful. 

So I hope the same happens today, only for a longer time period...

Forecast of rain on last days of April and not tonight.

Edited by EricTh

Guess no one understands the weather patterns at this time of year, it all seems very normal to me (predictions are accurate) -  Me being an ex Northern Territorian (Darwin) understands.

• Haha 1

I watch the weather radar regular.  Phetchabun mostly as Phitsanulok radar is out of action more than iT is in action!  But that's useful as the majority of the rain here comes from East South East. So we can get  a bit of warning that way and the cool breeze comes about 20 minutes before the rain starts. Of course there are days when the rain comes from all directions, often it would seem at the same time. 

The only sure thing is air pollution and high levels of 2.5 PM will continue to blanket the country. Even Phuket and Krabi are experiencing high levels of air pollution as the Indonesian field burning season gets underway destroying the quality of life for tens of millions of poor peasants throughout the region. ????????????

Well 43c again[percieved temp] here in Wichianburi,looked like rain for a couple of days,but went around us,also cloudy,last night i could not sleep,went outside for a smoke around 3,30 am i swear it had to be about 35c still,as the clouds kept in the heat ,just so horrible this time of year.Like Grumpy john we are in the same province not sure where he is,and yes mostly ese direction ,Lord i hope we get some today 

3 minutes ago, Venom said:

The only sure thing is air pollution and high levels of 2.5 PM will continue to blanket the country. Even Phuket and Krabi are experiencing high levels of air pollution as the Indonesian field burning season gets underway destroying the quality of life for tens of millions of poor peasants throughout the region. ????????????

Thier the ones doing the burning!

19 minutes ago, TPI said:

Phrae is as dry as a witches tit, no rain for 6 months, we see clouds in the distance but they are sooooo misty! Please "Huey" (God of rain) smile on us, 10mm would be nice?

Few weeks yet before we get any meaningful rains! No where near as bad as it was in 2016, that was utter misery!

2 hours ago, Chassa said:

Guess no one understands the weather patterns at this time of year, it all seems very normal to me (predictions are accurate) -  Me being an ex Northern Territorian (Darwin) understands.

2 hours ago, Chassa said:

IMG_2330.JPG

How wonderful. Hopefully will kill a bit of the much reported pollution, I hope it's nothing like the dreadful droughts of 2013-14, when it hardly rained at all, and simply felt like living in an oven. You know it's hot when the locals are moaning about the heat, and sweating up. Those were hard years. I would be up on my roof having a nice drink, relishing the breezes which bought a smidgen of relief from the relentless heat looking at clouds building up in the distance, willing them to come overhead and drop their loads, cooling all around, but there was no rain for 18 months...

8 hours ago, webfact said:

I wish it would rain in the middle... central/west here and steam is coming out of my ears.

I can actually break into a sweat standing in the cold shower!

06:00 it's +30C and very high humidity

4 hours ago, Chassa said:

Well mate, you deserve  Darwin Awards (10 Photos) | Darwin awards, Famous last words, DarwinJest joking..   :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1