Bra-maker snaps back at virus with shapely face masks

snoop1130

Bra-maker snaps back at virus with shapely face masks

By The Nation

800_18f3e73fc4975bd.jpg

Underwear maker Wacoal has switched its focus from pants to the pandemic, manufacturing thousands of face masks from lingerie material for free distribution.

The Japanese multinational announced on Wednesday (April 15) that 200,000 face masks were piled in its storage units, ready to be delivered to organisations this month to help with the public shortage of protective gear during the Covid-19 outbreak.

The face masks come in three different designs and materials.

The first design is manufactured from nylon spacer fabric, a fine microfibre that offers a hygienic face-hugging fit.

The second is made from polyester perma fabric impregnated with nano zinc-oxide to prevent the growth of bacteria.

The third design is a 95 percent cotton-spandex mix resulting in masks that are both flexible and washable.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386147

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-16
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Looks more like a catalogue description: #32 a fried egg holder, available in plastic or aluminium.

and it would be pushing trade description laws describing it as a boulder holder .. to use the euphemism .. 

• Haha 1

The WHO says there is no need for masks and that wearing them might give you the virus! Yep I am sure we are better off without masks! Bloomberg reports that 99% of COVID death cases  in Italy were from another illness. Big surprise there...!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

The WHO says there is no need for masks and that wearing them might give you the virus! Yep I am sure we are better off without masks! Bloomberg reports that 99% of COVID death cases  in Italy were from another illness. Big surprise there...!

Yeah, talk about fake news. You really need to have your computer confiscated, or you could show us those news releases by credible sources. I've not read anything of the sort. :dry:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

Yeah...that's kinda the point of COVID!

It attacks the lunges and gives you pneumonia (for example) and that is what you die from!

Big surprise there...!

13 hours ago, timendres said:

I am waiting for the panty manufacturers to step up...

One already has, Wacoal...

"Wacoal has switched its focus from pants to the pandemic, manufacturing thousands of face masks from lingerie material..."

4 minutes ago, The Word said:

One already has, Wacoal...

"Wacoal has switched its focus from pants to the pandemic, manufacturing thousands of face masks from lingerie material..."

Will they be for sale in vending machines in Japan?

17 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Ha ha, yeah. A bra: An over the shoulder boulder holder.

12 hours ago, Chassa said:

Upper decker flopper stopper!

a wopper  dopper flopper stopper.