60 day extension

I have a 1 year multiple entry Non-O based on marriage and my 90 days period runs out soon. I know I can apply for a 60 day extension to visit family and to ensure I have all the required docs I will list them and ask you guys if it's correct:

Copies and/or original:

-Passport (main page, TM card, visa page, entry stamp)

-Marriage certificate

-Passport photos - 2 pcs.

-My wife in person

-TM 7 form "APPLICATION FOR EXTENSION OF TEMPORARY STAY IN THE KINGDOM"

Copies:

-Wife's house book

-Wife's ID card

A follow up question: Is there any limit to the number of 60 days extensions I can apply for during a 1 year visa validity period?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Some offices also require the Kor Ror 2, which is 20 baht at the amphur office.

Under normal circumstances, you are allowed one 60 extension per entry, irreverent of visa type. 

Under present situation, it's not clear yet if you can have more than one.

"Some offices also require the Kor Ror 2, which is 20 baht at the amphur office."

That would be very inconvenient as they've just locked down Pattaya and the office is outside that area.

"Under normal circumstances, you are allowed one 60 extension per entry, irreverent of visa type."

OK, so one extension for every 90 days period is allowed. Good to know.

"Under present situation, it's not clear yet if you can have more than one."

I didn't even consider that. Hopefully they will either sort out some kind of exception or open the borders for out-and-ins again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inderpland said:

Would you happen to know if the Kor Ror 2 is something they require at Jomtien imm.?

I think they want one but I have read reports of immigration waiving the requirement for it to be recently updated since the Amphoes have not been issuing them due to the emergency sitituation.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think they want one but I have read reports of immigration waiving the requirement for it to be recently updated since the Amphoes have not been issuing them due to the emergency sitituation.

The Amphoe may issue one, it is very dependent on the workload and feeling in the Amphoe you try. My local one did issue mine on Monday because they were not busy, though they said usually they would not, and maybe we have a previous friendly relationship, Udon Amphoe is not issuing them. 

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Inderpland said:

But apart from that was my list complete? Is Tm 7 the correct form to use?

For Jomtien - Do you own your own condo or rent?  if you own your condo, bring your ownership-documents - chanonte and blue-book. 

If you rent, bring your rental-contract, copy of landlord's ID, copy of house-book for the property you are renting, and copy of the chanote for the property you are renting - all of the copies must be signed by the landlord. 

Edit: Updated TM-30, of course, also.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Inderpland said:

I own a house in my wife's name so that's the book we'll bring along.

That will work - good as the condo situation.  You might not need the chanote, if "her housebook is your residence" - but I'd bring a copy, just in case. 

23 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Some offices also require the Kor Ror 2, which is 20 baht at the amphur office.

Under normal circumstances, you are allowed one 60 extension per entry, irreverent of visa type. 

Under present situation, it's not clear yet if you can have more than one.

does JOMTIEN asks for it ?

20 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I am reasonably sure that At the moment if your permission to stay stamp is ending between March 26 and April 30 it is automatically extended to April 30 and is almost certainly going to be extended again as there is no prospect of the boarders opening soon.

So I suggest (pending correction) that you would be better advised to wait until the automatic extensions finish before applying for your 60 day extension 

and then queue with thousands people... so smart...

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

and then queue with thousands people... so smart...

Why do you think the IOs will be flooded once the borders are open again?

Those that did need the emergency extension (before the amnesty was declared) will normally exit Thailand, so no impact on the local IOs.

Those on long-stay Non Imm O and O-A extensions, were supposed to re-apply for their 1-year extensions when their permission to stay was due to expire (the amnesty did not apply for them), so once again no impact on the local IOs.

Those that did not use the on-line or mail-option to do their 90-day reports, will indeed have to do it once the amnesty is over.  But that's not thousands of people and IO will for sure communicate a long enough window to regularize their situation and avoid long queues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As already commented you may be better served by relying on the emergency amnesty and doing nothing now then apply for a 60 day extension when that amnesty ends.

Unfortunately I applied for and got a 60 day extension just before the amnesty was announced. I would have qualified I believe but before there was so much conflicting rumour 

Now when my 60 days is up on 9 June looks like I'll be obliged to leave even though where I want to go,  at the other end ( France) things are not looking good even by then. Getting a flight in ? Don't know. Getting from Paris to my home in France by train looks impossible. So, it might be possible to leave, as it seems it is even now with some airlines flying in empty to take people out,  but my destination? And we'll see,but presently how to get to Bangkok from Khon Kaen other than by taxi? No flights at the moment for that leg. 

Them there is the question of what will be required to re enter ,Thailand whether just for a border hop or for longer away.

Thoughts people?