Big bike speed

Kwasaki

1 minute ago, Beardog said:

You always have to exercise common sense. Most speed runs are short burst & should be at a spot that you know is relatively safe & not prone to pedestrians .And the occasional soi dog charging out in front of you. The worst would be the drivers that never learned to ride or drive proper & decide to pull out from the left all the way to the right without a head check or right to left. If you are doing a speed run you need to be very aware of everything as stated before even with a 1/2 a second reaction time the bike at speed is going to take some time ABS or not to slow down & a car is way more because of the weight. $0 years no wrecks on a bike. I have been down before when younger but have taken many courses & raced on track days to keep up with my skills.Common sense & being aware is the key....But this is Thailand so luck does come into the equation. 

Sorry, Mate.    You reply fully confirms my post.

Speed kills and its better to use good judgment and caution, especially in a country such as Thailand with all  that you post above.

I know no body who enjoys speed cares about my opinion but it is what it is.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Beardog said:

Ya 130 KPH shifting to 3rd gear. What is the sense in having a road bike & going scooter speeds? 160 usual for me but my 650 Kawi is punched out to a 833 with 800 gears & all new hot electrics used in the Kawasaki Brazilian's race team over 180KPH I am at the track. <deleted> my Yamalube 80 back in 1977 went over 120KPH...But not for too long it would overheat & shut down. Personally7 being a mechanic I would stay far away from any bike that is over 600 cc that never seen over 120 or 130 KPH as it will probably be a grandma motor that does not have any Boogie to it & has never been rappe4d out to high RPMS in the begging to lap the valves properly.Not ran full time but 3 short hot bursts to seat the valves as a high performance engine opposed to a slow ass motor that lasts forever.

How did the bottle of Yamalube 80 oil get over 120kph. ????

A bike engine even if used gently can be abused again.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Beardog said:

You always have to exercise common sense. Most speed runs are short burst & should be at a spot that you know is relatively safe & not prone to pedestrians .And the occasional soi dog charging out in front of you. The worst would be the drivers that never learned to ride or drive proper & decide to pull out from the left all the way to the right without a head check or right to left. If you are doing a speed run you need to be very aware of everything as stated before even with a 1/2 a second reaction time the bike at speed is going to take some time ABS or not to slow down & a car is way more because of the weight. 40 years no wrecks on a bike. I have been down before when younger but have taken many courses & raced on track days to keep up with my skills.Common sense & being aware is the key....But this is Thailand so luck does come into the equation. 

Wasting your good sense people like that will never understand the luv of motorcycles.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

160. north bound between Hua Hin and Cha Am in the afternoon. 

crazy. 

1st gear on a R1. ????

Not quite on my old Blade but close.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I guess most of you bikers saw this already. It's still amazing - and no, I would never want to try it.

Nothing big nor clever in that for me that was/is shear lunacy !

Each to their own.????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

Nothing big nor clever in that for me that was/is shear lunacy !

Each to their own.????

He survived it. And he did a couple of videos like that.

It's definitely one of those things with the warning "don't do that at home".

The guy definitely knows how to ride and he has balls to ride like that.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Appreciate your point of view, but I cant see beyond the clear and present danger.

Slightest bit of debris on the road and he's finished at that speed. Same for the movement of other vehicles who dont see him in the rear view at 300k move erratically etc and its over.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That's tame compared to the guy in Russia on an R1. ????

2 hours ago, dddave said:

Now, at 75, the reflexes and peripheral vision are just not dependable enough.

Well that's a shame not riding a bike for a long time will do that to older people.

Reminds of a guy I met and want to be like in Germany 20 years ago, I have just come off the motorway and followed him as he was pulling into a place for refreshment.

To cut a long story, I said hello and commented on his BM a R1100S he spoke English, saying still he still luved speed, he was 84 years old.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

How did the bottle of Yamalube 80 oil get over 120kph. 

Was looking at a can of fully synthetic MA Yamalube today at the Yamaha dealer.

Maybe if dropped out of an aircraft?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

That's tame compared to the guy in Russia on an R1. ????

This is the Black Devil looks to me faster that ghost rider..

Edited by Kwasaki

On 4/17/2020 at 11:48 PM, Kwasaki said:

I've pretty much been all over Thailand on motorcycle, the good road far out way the bad I have found.

Potholes everywhere I find that an exaggeration really, where do you live.

Anywhere in thailand, no where is without pot holes etc. If its not that then its tractors, pickups pulling out onto the road without even bothering to look to see if its good to do so. Or scooters with women on their phone not looking in their mirrors , only to see  if their makeup is still on.

So. 130kph suddenly some how looks a more wiser / live longer stratergy!   But on roads you know and can deal with the other previously noted you could be good for a short gun  to what your  nerves are set at

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sparticus1 said:

Anywhere in thailand, no where is without pot holes etc. If its not that then its tractors, pickups pulling out onto the road without even bothering to look to see if its good to do so. Or scooters with women on their phone not looking in their mirrors , only to see  if their makeup is still on.

So. 130kph suddenly some how looks a more wiser / live longer stratergy!   But on roads you know and can deal with the other previously noted you could be good for a short gun  to what your  nerves are set at

Find and ride roads without potholes I have found many,  there many roads that bad and many not. 

Many off main routes road really good. 

If you know Thailand well enough you would know and get use tractors and trucks pulling out on bikes because it's a bike they see so they know you can get around them. 

Yeah 130 kph is a nice cruising speed where possible but I like getting to 130 kph in 2nd for fun. 

11 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

tractors and trucks pulling out on bikes because it's a bike they see so they know you can get around them

Do you really think the tractor drivers think about that?

It's more like: My vehicle is bigger than yours, I don't give a f$#%.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do you really think the tractor drivers think about that?

It's more like: My vehicle is bigger than yours, I don't give a f$#%.

I'd like to think so do as I have be waved on by them, maybe some do think as you say,  no different to what cars do in the UK IMHO. 

• Like 1