China's revised COVID figures are a bid to 'leave no case undocumented': WHO

rooster59

4 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

This is not unlike the situation in many other countries, deaths in nursing homes, deaths at home etc being under-reported or reported late.

The ONS in the UK recently revised their figures and acknowledge that deaths outside hospital will take a longer period to report.

The NYT has an article that the corona virus deaths are understated in US due to the fact that there is no uniform system for reporting corona virus related deaths. US don’t do testing on those who die from flu for instance. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

So has the WHO got all the numbers from Taiwan now, to add to the collective info ?

;... and 'that' there is where the Chinese dilemma lies;

- they only want Taiwan and their peasants...

- and not the dead ones

1 minute ago, PatOngo said:
10 minutes ago, tifino said:

- they only want Taiwan and their peasants...

They want the entire world...…......by any means!

the context of what I wrote was surgically taken out, as it involved more than just that one cut out sentence

- my jest was, they have to accept the good and the bad from the pool.

- to take on the populace meant they would have to absorb all the wuhan china victims of Taiwan, to become part of the whole China tally of victims ( and this a parody of whatever City/State accepted the well and the sick minions off a Cruise ship, they get to included those Stats, as theirs!

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

The NYT has an article that the corona virus deaths are understated in US due to the fact that there is no uniform system for reporting corona virus related deaths. US don’t do testing on those who die from flu for instance. 

That article is just an opinion article not fact. Several articles stating just the opposite. Doctors and hospitals are reporting no mater the cause of death, if the subject had C-19 they rule that as the cause. If a person walks out in the street and gets hit by a bus, test positive for C-19, then C-19 killed him.

• Like 2

The other day I read Wuhan had 87 cremation centers which were getting 3500 urns a day since mid March. It does not take a genus to add up these figures and they work 24 hours around the clock. It takes approximately 1 hour for a cremation cycle. They were also placing more than one in the camber at once.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hlj said:

The other day I read Wuhan had 87 cremation centers which were getting 3500 urns a day since mid March. It does not take a genus to add up these figures and they work 24 hours around the clock. It takes approximately 1 hour for a cremation cycle. They were also placing more than one in the camber at once.

c'mon, at least look it up!  any genus can use the googles.

wuhan has 8 mortuaries, and we are assuming each has its own crematorium.

there were also some mobile burn chambers sent to the city during the crisis.  one may argue they too were burning bodies around the clock.  alternatively, they could have been employed burning medical waste - tons of masks, gloves and other ppe.

one reporter went to one mortuary after the lockdown was relaxed.  he took photos of one truck delivering 2,500 urns.  the driver was reported to have said he made a similar delivery the day before.  phone calls to other mortuaries went unanswered or declined to give numbers.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RANGER55 said:

That article is just an opinion article not fact. Several articles stating just the opposite. Doctors and hospitals are reporting no mater the cause of death, if the subject had C-19 they rule that as the cause. If a person walks out in the street and gets hit by a bus, test positive for C-19, then C-19 killed him.

It is not opinion from NYT. Actually factual statements taken from paramedics who said that many deaths were not tested for corona virus even though they have the symptoms. That’s the point. They found its not necessary to test as they have passed so the number of corona virus deaths does not reflect the correct numbers. The tests are already at a shortage because of lack of preparedness by Trump and this limits testing that they deem not necessary. 

2 minutes ago, RANGER55 said:

Well I guess we could do a Google search as long as we or not in China. Unless you can get around the CCP controlled internet with a VPN or other ways! But hey, I guess if you are working on a CCP computer posting, its not a problem, right.

no, sadly the googles is not accessible on china's internet servers.  we're stuck with baidu (very poor at searching english language sites) or microsoft's bing search engine (not much better).

those of us who want to access the real world do indeed use vpn's.  mine costs roughly $100/year.  added expense, but i can't do without rick&morty!  i've got one i loaded before i left thailand, no way would i use one sold on taobao.

vpn's usually work, although the net minders have an algorithm that shuts off nodes at random intervals.  sucks trying to stream movies, may have to wait a few minutes for the vpn to recycle.  aside from the random harassment, they do completely shut down vpn's during specific occasions - major party meetings, hong kong protests, and also for about a week in february during peak wuhan.  for the past 6-8 weeks no serious problem.

don't know about ccp computers, i'm on a lenovo ideapad i got from the mall in bangkapi about 18 months ago.  and here's some good news; retirement visa holders qualify for the vat refund when taking recently purchased electronics out, as long as you have the proper forms prepared at time of sale.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rabas said:

You fail to explain why so many people locked in their homes would voluntarily give up their only contact with the outside world. It makes no sense. Propaganda at least needs to make sense to be believed.

My guess is these subscriptions were cut to silence people from taking about non socially cohesive subject matters. But we will never know.

as with news articles, one needs to read beyond the headline, or in this case the first sentence.  did you not notice the next three paragraphs?

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

She said the Chinese authorities had gone back over data from funeral services, care homes, fever clinics, hospitals and detention centres, and patients who had died at home, in Wuhan, Hubei province where the outbreak began late last year.

...................and carefully edited further

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"What they have reported is that the discrepancies in these cases were due to a number of factors. First is that the health care system in Wuhan was overwhelmed at one point. And some patients died at home," van Kerkhove said.

and a sad thing is that you believe them...

• Like 2

The WHO should be starved of funds and wound up. Each country can help form a new organisation, say World Health & Environmental Network (chuckle...anyone else got a suggestion?). Then they can staff it with their corrupt officials.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Nice attempt to deflect away from a discussion about how the WHO is owned by China.  Really typical of Chinese online propaganda.

So is it true you are only paid wu mao for each post, comrade?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChouDoufu said:

as with news articles, one needs to read beyond the headline, or in this case the first sentence.  did you not notice the next three paragraphs?

Of course, but found nothing to substantiate it. This seems contradictory though...

chinemobile2.jpg

They also say it was true for the other major telecom providers.

https://kr-asia.com/key-stat-china-mobile-loses-7-million-subscribers-in-february-first-loss-in-23-years

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

Nice attempt to deflect away from a discussion about how the WHO is owned by China.  Really typical of Chinese online propaganda.

So is it true you are only paid wu mao for each post, comrade?

. Truth does make some people uncomfortable and resort to ad hominem. So sad yet typical. 

• Like 1