Covid-19: Seven thousand people break curfew since emergency decree began

rooster59

Covid-19: Seven thousand people break curfew since emergency decree began

thai.JPG

Image: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported that there were 900 more cases of people breaking curfew and illegally gathering reported on Friday.

This made the total of people facing prosecution for flouting the emergency decree up to 7,000 since it was introduced by PM Prayut Chan-ocha last week.

Many of those arrested have been at illegal drinks, drugs or gambling parties.

On Channel 7 news Covid-19 spokesman and expert Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin praised the ten provinces who have reported no curfew breakers or very few.

There were no arrests made from 10pm Thursday to 4 am Friday in Mahasarakham, Nong Khai, Mae Hong Son, Phichit, Ranong, Phangnga and Petchaburi.

Three recorded just one miscreant - Yasothon, Amnat Charoen and Sisaket.

The five worst provinces for curfew breaking and illegal gathering were Chonburi with 76 cases, Nonthaburi 61, Pathum Thani 45, Bangkok, 37 and Samut Sakhon with 25 arrests.

Sources: Channel 7 and Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-18

7 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

You can't educate the stupid.

Was wondering why they were releasing people early from prison, could be that it's to make way for these clowns ?

Hopefully....:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Oh! It´s same again. As I clearly remember there were many posters that stated the curfew was enough and that it would not be many breaking it. ????

So, 7 000? Nah, someone will say that it´s not much compared to close to 70 million people. However, it´s 7 000 too many.

• Like 2

nothing new, many thais refuse to obey any other laws especialy the road laws so why would this be any different, they simply do as they please and will continue to do so. They know the police will do nothing to them or they will be able to buy their way out of it as per usual, that is if the police even go out of their air conditioned offices let alone even bother to get up  to go and look during the hours involved

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Oh! It´s same again. As I clearly remember there were many posters that stated the curfew was enough and that it would not be many breaking it. ????

So, 7 000? Nah, someone will say that it´s not much compared to close to 70 million people. However, it´s 7 000 too many.

Or some Numpty will say ''Oh; but it happens in every other country too'' !

• Like 2

What I would really like to know is,  how many foreigners among those 7000 people?

Less than 5% I would guess.

Thai press should have included this.

I would forward that list to the anti foreigner fb website in Phuket. Time to get their facts straight.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

This made the total of people facing prosecution for flouting the emergency decree up to 7,000 since it was introduced by PM Prayut Chan-ocha last week

I wonder how many faced stiff penalties, or just got a slap on the wrist

5 hours ago, seajae said:

nothing new, many thais refuse to obey any other laws especialy the road laws so why would this be any different, they simply do as they please and will continue to do so. They know the police will do nothing to them or they will be able to buy their way out of it as per usual, that is if the police even go out of their air conditioned offices let alone even bother to get up  to go and look during the hours involved

How much do you have to pay to make the virus go away?

16 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder how many faced stiff penalties, or just got a slap on the wrist

That's 7,000 reported; I'll bet double that number were allowed free after an on-the-spot 'fine'.  The down-turn in daily traffic will mean the cops will be looking for new revenue streams.

• Like 2