Genuine friendships in Thailand.

WineOh

Although I am self-sufficient and independent too, there have been a few occasions through my life when I have really needed assistance. The <deleted> can hit the fan when you are least prepared for it. That’s when you find who your real friends are.  

Apart from my wife who is No.1, I have five people in Thailand who I’d put into the category of very close friends, two are Thai and the rest foreigners who I met here and have known for at least 25 years. I care deeply for all of them and would help them out with my time or my money at the first sign of need.

• Thanks 1

Interesting that trolling is against the rules on this forum but one user in particular seems to make it their sole purpose in life to troll and put down others on here while trying to boost their own ego. I wonder how sad your life needs to become to get to that point that you literally get pleasure from annoying other people on a daily basis?

3 minutes ago, misterjames said:

Interesting that trolling is against the rules on this forum but one user in particular seems to make it their sole purpose in life to troll and put down others on here while trying to boost their own ego. I wonder how sad your life needs to become to get to that point that you literally get pleasure from annoying other people on a daily basis?

Are you talking about Yinn? 
????

Edited by Liverpoolfan
  • Haha 2

Well how Yin puts it seems to beggar believe and statistics.  As I ve seen read and encountered at first hand Thais behaving like savages ripping apart stabbing slashing and shooting friends, neighbors family and so forth.  After living in this country fir many many years and seeing the death by whatever I would say you, as Thais must rank as the most dangerous vicious and savage of people on the planet.

Regards having Thai men as friends, I have tried this and tried it many times.  Mostly with the very decent honest hardworking guys of my wife's friend and family during our 3 years in Esaan.

its near impossible, as not only is there a massive language barrier it's attitude, education, culture, music and life experiences, just basic basic understanding of the most simple things.  Even on the most basic and rudimentary topics, (your pet cat) that blokes the world over should find a common ground.  Thai men are shy and reluctant to discuss such sexual things.

I find its like chatting to teenagers.  Might be different in Bangkok social circles, my mate up there tells me so.  But as I hate the city I ll stick with drinker coversations with immature Thai fellas about anal sex, or watching two girls snow balling.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, misterjames said:

In real, if you wade through this forum you will find many more -definitely a lot more than 1.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KhunFred said:

I would not want to associate with people who are only interested in what they can gain by my "friendship". I associate almost exclusive with other farangs, who are just as duplicitous and fake as the Thai people.

Dare you to post your name..........????

5 hours ago, kenk24 said:

ps ......

....they forget times and places and then blame you... they also get repetitive [like talking to a drunk] 

If they are my friend I just quietly listen and then after a polite period excuse myself so another friend can take over the listening duties. Getting old is not their fault. We will all be there sooner of later...

As for all the prattling on about languages. All my Thai friends speak English. 

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ravip said:

In real, if you wade through this forum you will find many more -definitely a lot more than 1.

There is a little team around said user perhaps it's the same person judging by the personality disorders exhibited I wou;dn't be surprised if they were the same user with multiple accounts. 

2 minutes ago, 19DL86 said:

Well how Yin puts it seems to beggar believe and statistics.  As I ve seen read and encountered at first hand Thais behaving like savages ripping apart stabbing slashing and shooting friends, neighbors family and so forth.  After living in this country fir many many years and seeing the death by whatever I would say you, as Thais must rank as the most dangerous vicious and savage of people on the planet.

Regards having Thai men as friends, I have tried this and tried it many times.  Mostly with the very decent honest hardworking guys of my wife's friend and family during our 3 years in Esaan.

its near impossible, as not only is there a massive language barrier it's attitude, education, culture, music and life experiences, just basic basic understanding of the most simple things.  Even on the most basic and rudimentary topics, (your pet cat) that blokes the world over should find a common ground.  Thai men are shy and reluctant to discuss such sexual things.

I find its like chatting to teenagers.  Might be different in Bangkok social circles, my mate up there tells me so.  But as I hate the city I ll stick with drinker coversations with immature Thai fellas about anal sex, or watching two girls snow balling.

Even on the most basic and rudimentary topics, (your pet cat) that blokes the world over should find a common ground. Thai men are shy and reluctant to discuss such sexual things.

Whats a pet cat has to do with sexual things? LOL LOL

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, totally thaied up said:

I have been here for 10 years. The first 5 years I made all the normal mistakes; bar girls, party, lost a little bit of money on the girls and then met my wife. She did not come from a bar and I was suddenly pushed into the Thai world of all her friends and family being a relativity normal world. Luckily, her family is small and Middle Class and her friends she has known since birth. She only has two real friends and both of them treat me like I am a big brother now. My life is stable and I am very happy. We mix more socially with Thais then farangs. My life is based around my home and village and Thai people see this, see that I treat my family good, that I don't drink and respectful to them.

In my previous life, I did the bars and met all types of farangs and Thais. I was pretty wild. Out of hundreds of people I met, only two now to this day remain as what I call friends. Being Thailand, just about everyone that I met was here only for a short time and friendships could not be made. Being a expat in Thailand is different to when I was a expat in China. Thailand tends to pull in more the dregs of society. When I worked in China, it was in a professional approach and my foreign friends were much the same as me, working in a similar guise. I had more problems from farangs in Thailand; mainly people wanting to borrow money and I would not yield to them. Problem is mostly, just about everyone that lives in my village that is a farang, is a a drunk. Drinking at 9 in the morning until the sun goes down and life revolves around a beer and weed. It gives a bad impression but that is there life to do with it what they wish.

I only need my wife and her social circle; I need little else to keep me happy. My two friends I see once a month but it is no more then maybe two hours for the visit. The lock down has not affected me a great deal at all. We do almost the same thing all the time and we are happy with it. In fact, I saved enough money this month from not going out to eat at restaurants like we normally do, that I bought a new TV.

In my home country of Australia I knew many, many people but only had two friends.

"...all her friends and family being a relativity normal world"

That is the magic spell or the secret of living a happy life in any country, foreign or your own!

Lucky you, and wish you all the best!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 19DL86 said:

My comments were aimed at the female Yinn.  Sorry but as a young lad growing up blokes went to the "Pub" to get away from the women, the only women in the "pubs" around where I grew up were whores. 

So some things never change then apart from the pubs are online and so are the .....????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, luckyluke said:
  • Because you know it would be useful.
  • I hope you encourage others to do the same.

* yes, useful for me. Same learn Thai useful for you live in Thailand.

* yes, and encourage TVF member learn Thai same. (But sensitive issue, some people) 

i enjoy the posts from the guys can speak Thai. They have high knowledge, intersting the most for me. They also not complain so much. 

The guys who lazy to learn Thai feel frustration a lot IMO. And difficult have the freind. Lonely.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My more detailed comment was censored.  By the very same PC - ness that has spoiled many a relationship both here and in our own country.

So I ll try again in a little less abrasive terms.  I, much as did many a Farang came here to Thailand where you can purchase the sexual pleasures and company of a woman by the hour. By the day. Or much much longer. It's just a commodity right?!?!

Ergo, I don't nor didn't I expect to be told anything by my car, toaster, microwave or such like.

Its times like these that I feel Islam has got it right.

Edited by 19DL86

10 minutes ago, 19DL86 said:

My more detailed comment was censored.  By the very same PC - ness that has spoiled many a relationship both here and in our own country.

So I ll try again in a little less abrasive terms.  I, much as did many a Farang came here to Thailand where you can purchase the sexual pleasures and company of a woman by the hour. By the day. Or much much longer. It's just a commodity right?!?!

Ergo, I don't nor didn't I expect to be told anything by my car, toaster, microwave or such like.

Its times like these that I feel Islam has got it right.

Sad you must pay. 

Try dating. Free

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1