Pattaya: Police chief warns handout charities to observe social distancing or face shutdown

webfact

Pattaya: Police chief warns handout charities to observe social distancing or face shutdown

6pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

The chief of the Pattaya police has urged charitable organizations and kind hearted individuals handing out cash and food in the city to make sure that social distancing is carried out.

Many large queues of up to 1,000 people have been seen in the locked down tourist resort in recent days. 

Pol Col Khemmarin Phitsamai said that recipients of the charity and staff should all be 2 meters apart and everyone must wear masks. 

Image22-14.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

If not they faced being closed down due to fears about the possible spread of Covid-19. 

In a letter he called for all charities and individuals to tell the police or local authority when and where they are organising handouts so that staff can be deployed to ensure the regulations are met. 

The charity was important, said the chief, but so was limiting the spread of the virus so locations should be chosen sensibly.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-20

23 minutes ago, ukrules said:

When food runs out things will get ugly, they won't like that either.

Nobody can blame a man for taking whatever measures are necessary to feed his family,

Exactly...I think authorities are not quite realizing that Laws mean nothing to Desperate people.....  

• Like 1

Interesting photo at the top of the article,i have by the way been trained in Imaging of photo's by of course the FBI,so here we go: the guy looks to be saying,possibly with a raised voice [hypothetical] to the girl in his right hand he carries something with straps as i cannot up the resolution,i cannot say what,so i am going with a hunch,the young girl is gesturing to her mouth,she seems to have a mask,albeit pulled down,i suggest the official is saying 'do as i say or i will apply this gimp ball to your mouth' after all they would not be hard to find there. Let me just add my FBI career was a short one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

That´s a lazy order! They are supposed to do their work. Patrolling the streets and be where it happens. If social distancing is not followed, they are the ones that should go in and make order of the chaos. Not take the lazy way out and shut it down.

And him police man has to wear his mask properly....he even didn't do it for the picture, just like i see in Tops...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Exactly...I think authorities are not quite realizing that Laws mean nothing to Desperate people.....  

Laws and manners and regulations never mean anything to a Thai...come to our mubahn right now where they are all walking/running/cycling without masks....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matzzon said:

That´s a lazy order! They are supposed to do their work. Patrolling the streets and be where it happens. If social distancing is not followed, they are the ones that should go in and make order of the chaos. Not take the lazy way out and shut it down.

very true statement .....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Interesting photo at the top of the article,i have by the way been trained in Imaging of photo's by of course the FBI,so here we go: the guy looks to be saying,possibly with a raised voice [hypothetical] to the girl in his right hand he carries something with straps as i cannot up the resolution,i cannot say what,so i am going with a hunch,the young girl is gesturing to her mouth,she seems to have a mask,albeit pulled down,i suggest the official is saying 'do as i say or i will apply this gimp ball to your mouth' after all they would not be hard to find there. Let me just add my FBI career was a short one.

But no doubt longer than your comedy career.

1 hour ago, balo said:

Someone should walk down the line with a long stick and point to where they should stand and keep distance, that someone should be.....the police.  

And if this was India, police would beat you with this stick if you were out of line. Is that what you want implemented here in Thailand?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, balo said:

Someone should walk down the line with a long stick and point to where they should stand and keep distance, that someone should be.....the police.  

We need complete police supervision of all human activity...Yawn

Actually, if people are still so stupid that they will not automatically stay 2 meters

apart, when there have been signs, and broadcasts to stay apart,  for so long now, then

yes the police should do like the Indian police and whack, the offenders.

By now everyone who does not live in a cave should know the rules.

Geezer

Edited by Stargrazer9889
error
  • Sad 1

The envelope collector Supreme has spoken, Quake in Fear!!!!! Really how is such a clueless buffoon, in such a post? My word! I suppose the first thing he did when he took power was , rather imaginatively, close all the bars at 10pm with his goons swarming all over town like monkeys.

Happily though, Thailand and the Thais are starting to suffer fools like this less and less thanks to social media, improved communications.  

When all this is over, and the Thais look closely at who made things tough for them during the crisis. Finished careers will lie strewn in tatters, like broken bodies, across the Kingdom, including this idiot's and one hopes that of 76 provincial Governors,their staff too, as well as those of many, many hapless public officials who have handled the crisis abysmally, one hopes 'Inactive posts' are a consigned to the dustbin of history, and these leeches on society are forced to actually do some work, instead of living off the fat of the land for once.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 1:32 PM, champers said:

Shutting down food lines sounds like a good way to start a riot.

The ruling was taken from a Thai army/police manual called  

"How to win friends and influence people".

Published in 2014.

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

The ruling was taken from a Thai army/police manual called  

"How to win friends and influence people".

Published in 2014.

Not sure about the "win friends" bit. Lose them, more like.

• Like 1

Well over twenty years of running a hugely profitable Jet Ski scam that despite been a known proven fact to all and sundry including ambassadors of many embassies etc they managed to perpetuate it with seeming impunity as they brilliantly sent the vast proceeds up the gravy chain enough to fill many rice bowls,,,,,,

Yet a simple act of distributing food aid willingly given by many for their own hungry people cannot be coordinated, contained and easily monitored without turning into a logistical nightmare for the hapless guys specializing only in Thai baht origami,

• Like 1