The last trip you took outside Thailand

Trujillo

20 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Which ocean is between Thailand and Laos?

English language has its pitfalls (for me as a non native).

"Over seas" must originate from the "Islanders" where crossing the channel is "overseas".

But still, beaches at Luang Prabang leave a lot to be desired :biggrin:

• Like 1

OZ for about 50 days in late 2019.......Somethings, cheaper & better quality than Thailand, clothes, uncooked food, cars (especially 2nd hand) 

Something very exy.....eating out / hotels/ petrol.....take a mortgage out to get some fish n chips, also as I'm in the mid 70s I became invisible once again, unless I said something PC out of place...after 22 years in Thai;and that was easy to do. 

6 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

provisioned & headed up to Crater Lake, Ore (closed to all but snow shoe trekking - their equip was down)...So spent 5 months starting at the Oregon coast & winding down Calif coast to Hearst Castle & out to Utah, hooking back to through Yosemite up along 49 to Columbia catching up with a couple of buddies from my school years....

That brings back memories.  We used to take month long drives visiting those places and many others.  My wife saw snow for the first time in Yosemite and loved Crater Lake among other favorites.????

• Thanks 1

In mid-February, I was on a bicycle tour from Saigon to Hanoi.  We biked alongside the coast much of the way, taking in countless jaw-dropping vistas.  It's such a beautiful country.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MrBrad said:

In mid-February, I was on a bicycle tour from Saigon to Hanoi.  We biked alongside the coast much of the way, taking in countless jaw-dropping vistas.  It's such a beautiful country.

In march I did part of the northern Vietnam motorcycle tour before the corona hit the fan. Epic, highlight of 10 years travelling Asia. A must for anyone. Kicked myself for not doing it earlier.

• Like 2

Full disclosure: 
I wrote the title as "The last trip you made overseas," but some jumped on the title rather than answer it. Overseas can mean "to another country" as well as literally over a sea or ocean. 

I asked a mod to change it so that people would not be distracted. Maybe all those comments on the previous title should be ignored or deleted. 

• Like 1

Sydney with the family in October 2019 to visit mum who lives in an aged care facility, and adult daughter from a previous marriage who works and goes to Uni.

Thoroughly enjoyed our trip, as did the kids, teenage boys had never been out of Thailand before so it was a real eye opener for them as they had never been on a train before, one enquired as to why the washing machine was in the kitchen (dishwasher), and why the traffic lights made noises when the green walk sign to walk came on, answer, it's for the blind people to know it's safe to cross the road with their guide dog, oh, what about deaf people then was his reply ????