Britain secured 25 million protective gowns from China, minister says

snoop1130

Britain secured 25 million protective gowns from China, minister says

fght.PNG

FILE PHOTO: Britain's Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden arrives for a weekly cabinet meeting at Downing Street in London, Britain March 11, 2020. REUTERS/Peter Nicholls

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain has secured 25 million protective gowns from China and is working across the globe to secure more supplies of medical clothing after some hospitals warned they were running dangerously low, Culture Minister Oliver Dowden said on Monday.

The government has also said it is expecting 400,000 gowns to arrive from Turkey, protective clothing worn by medics to shield them from the virus in hospitals.

“We’ve secured 25 million gowns from China, those will be coming in,” he told LBC Radio. “We’re working across the globe to get supplies.”

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-04-20

• Haha 1

Some years ago I was doing my own research on how to cleanse hospital PPE equipment and found that the use of 'Ozone Gas' was capable of killing off germs and virus's extremely quickly and had been used (and might still be used) to 'clean' operating theaters etc and I am perplexed why they are not using this to 'clean' used PPE as it is a dry cleaning process which is dirt cheap?

I am not a medical expert, but I would be very interested to hear from people who have knowledge of the use of ozone gas as to why it is NOT being used to recycle PPE gear. I look forward to hearing from experts in this field. 

6 minutes ago, Thongkorn said:

All part of wrecking the worlds Economy then stepping in and buy cheap Company's around the World.

easy fix - enact legislation to stop that type of activity as the Australian government has done.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-29/foreign-investment-restrictions-australian-assets-coronavirus/12101332