Khon Kaen readies safety measures as businesses prepare to reopen

webfact

Khon Kaen readies safety measures as businesses prepare to reopen

By THE NATION

kk.jpg

FILE PHOTO

Khon Kaen’s private sector is putting in place health safety measures as businesses prepare to reopen now that the state of emergency is set to end on April 30, said Kamolpong Sanguantrakul, chairman of the Khon Kaen Chamber of Commerce.

He explained that if preparations were not made in advance, then the reopening of businesses may lead to new infections, which will lead to lockdown again.

Kamolpong added that the first few businesses to be reopened will be eateries, retail shops and department stores because it is easy to impose social-distancing measures in these venues.

Businesses that require close contact, such as hairdressing salons, massage spas or beauty clinics, will be required to upgrade their safety measures first before they are allowed to resume operation.

Despite the impact of the Covid-19 outbreak, no Khon Kaen-based businesses have closed down nor has there been mass layoffs, he said, adding that only some businesses have cut down their workers’ salaries.

Many businesses in the country are hoping that the government will relax some restrictions to give them breathing space as they have been hit badly by the outbreak.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386432

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-21

17 minutes ago, cthonicus said:

AFAICT, all the businesses in the Central mall in Khon Kaen except Tops have been closed for about 3 weeks, now.

Basement. TOPS and some food/fruit booths and Yamazaki with very limited choice. Alcohol completely taken away from the shelfs.

Bank micro branches opened.

Somewhat spooky.

20200414_114423.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

Where is the Government's Statement saying the State of Emergency will end on April 30th.  I have seen no such announcement other than they are looking at ways to reopen slowly.  I can not see them lifting the Decree anytime soon, and many I have talked with, Thai's, and the other residents here in my condo, believe it will get pushed until May 31st, with no opening up of much less everything, and definitely not even the airports with no restrictions......it would be nice to know what kind of dope this guy Kamolpong Sanguantrakul, chairman of the Khon Kaen Chamber of Commerce, is smoking......

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

How can the head of the KK chamber of trade state that no businesses have closed down, they have  all closed down, will they all reopen i fear not, trade for many has been depressed  for the past 12 months the baht not helping so this lockdown has come at a time when cash reserves are low and with rents to pay the business becomes untenable but closures wont be known for many months.

Will the chamber of trade be giving guidance to enable all businesses to reopen with safety protocols in place or will guidance be given to selected few.  ( a bit if a head start) 

4 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

My wife's massage shop has been closed by the Ministry of Public Health since 18th March but the landlord still wants the rent to be paid because they owe the money to the bank. So if my wife does not re-open soon then she will not re-open the shop at all, so this clown does not know what he is talking about.

My GF's Hair Salon that she has, and where she employs 3 others is in the same boat.  She was denied the ability to collect money because she is not Thai, and was rejected by SS when she tried from there as well.  She, luckily, had saved some money up, for which she is paying the unit rent to the Thai owner, no discount given.  However, her employees were able to collect from the government as she had paid into the programs for them and payed her taxes, unlike many others.  So this chamber guy is a doofus.