301 Thais return home from Malaysia, majority quarantined

webfact

301 Thais return home from Malaysia, majority quarantined

By The Nation

800_ae5a00ae39aa258.jpg?v=1587453962

A total of 301 Thais stranded in Malaysia returned home via Songkhla’s Sadao border checkpoint from April 18 to 20. Of these, 69 were sent home, 212 were made to undergo 14 days of quarantine in Sadao District and 20 sent to hospital to take a Covid-19 test, Sadao sheriff Chawakit Suwankiri said today (April 21).

“Fortunately, their test results came back negative, but they still need to undergo a 14-day quarantine,” he said.

Chawakit said no Thais have returned home via the natural border in the past three days, thanks to soldiers and police who are patrolling the area to prevent anyone else from illegally entering the country.

Sadao.png

“Some returnees filled in incorrect information while some had requested to enter the country because other checkpoints in Malaysia were closed,” he said. “The Sadao border checkpoint decided to send those returnees with proper ID cards back to their homes.”

Chawakit added that from today, returnees will be allowed in via a “registered route” as specified by the Foreign Affairs Ministry.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386475

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-21

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, graemeaylward said:

I don't understand. I thought ALL returnees HAD to undergo 14 days quarantine and sign to say that they agreed before entry!  What was so special about the 69 who were allowed home?  I suppose they paid for that privilege!  A rule or law in any other country applies to everyone regardless of race creed or colour and is enforced as such. But Thailand suits itself as to what it enforces or not! I sincerely hope that they do not come unstuck with this one!

Yes. Thanks for saving me the typing.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, graemeaylward said:

I don't understand. I thought ALL returnees HAD to undergo 14 days quarantine and sign to say that they agreed before entry!  What was so special about the 69 who were allowed home?  I suppose they paid for that privilege!  A rule or law in any other country applies to everyone regardless of race creed or colour and is enforced as such. But Thailand suits itself as to what it enforces or not! I sincerely hope that they do not come unstuck with this one!

I was thinking the same thing at first. But I think what they actually meant was they sent back to their homes in Malaysia. Or wherever they came from in Malaysia. 

I could be wrong but I think this is what the writer meant. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Simoneaux said:

I was thinking the same thing at first. But I think what they actually meant was they sent back to their homes in Malaysia. Or wherever they came from in Malaysia. 

I could be wrong but I think this is what the writer meant. 

So why does the title say 'majority quarantined.' I'm worried about the 'minority.' Where are they? Malaysia or Thailand? I read it as they returned to their homes in Thailand.