Best Coffee in Thailand?

WineOh

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Nestle Red Cup works for me with Carnation condensed milk .......... Viet coffee, Cafe Sua

I bought a filter coffee maker, but just can't be bothered with it.

i have been drinking NESCAFE GOLd for some weeks now, with carnation milk, and nescafe powdered milk......and sugar.....really lovely drink it is...

Only Thai coffee I know of is DOI TUNG.....

Edited by essox essox
wrong spelling

When I lived in Chiang Mai I came across this supplier.  I live in BKK now but Hilkoff is the only coffee I've drunk since finding their company, so about 5 years in all.  I order the beans (but they will also grind it for you if you want) in 4 x 500g sealed foil bags and get it posted.  Inc postage the cost is around 1,000 THB for 2kg.  I switch between the French Roast and Italian Roast but use the Italian probably 80% of the time.  Easy to order too as you can add them on LINE, their staff speak and can write English, just tell them what you want, pay by bank transfer, send them a copy of the payment receipt and they mail it generally the same or next day, 24 hours by EMS.  

Best I've managed to find here but everyone's taste is different.  I've tried most of the commercial brands available in supermarkets but never found one I rated much, plus they all cost about twice the price of Hilkoff! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ravip said:

What happened to Maxwell House, the US brand of coffee? Have not heard/seen for a long time.

"Good to the last drop"

They are down to one operating plant in Florida - they seemed to have missed the coffee boat in the 80's as perculators were replaced.

Maxwell House logo.png220px-Coffee_Percolator_Cutaway_Diagram.svg.png

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The only thing worse was the chai that the Pakistani labor would invite me to share with them in the afternoon made with water that tasted of the burnt wood to boil the kettle and bleedin' Carnation.

That reminds me of this interesting video:

I have a very simple OTTO filter coffee maker. (with filter basket, paper filters not needed) It makes 2 mug fulls which just fine for me in the morning. My standard coffee is Boncafe morning blend, but I'll sometimes try others, just for fun.

3 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

I go out for my coffee , if I was given a coffee maker it like as not would seldom get used.  About to go out now , 15k for a Phukin coffee , I have 3 in 1 here but only use it for ice coffee.

IMGP1011.JPG

IMGP1610.JPG

that looks amazing mate :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

I'm a coffee freak. In Germany I would only drink coffee that was freshly ground and only if made with a portafilter, like in Italy.

Unfortunately Thai coffee is not as good as Indonesian coffee so if you can importing Mandailing Estate Coffee from Sumatra will still be the best option. However Cafe Ronn, dark roast, comes close to it.

It's one the few indulgences in my life. I've found nothing worth drinking that I can get in Thailand. I still order it from growers I know in Kona, Hawaii. Freaky expensive, but still the best mouthful of coffee I've ever tasted. Currently using a Breville machine, as my Rancilio sort of crapped out. Best of luck. As others have pointed out, taste is very subjective.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

They are down to one operating plant in Florida - they seemed to have missed the coffee boat in the 80's as perculators were replaced.

Maxwell House logo.png220px-Coffee_Percolator_Cutaway_Diagram.svg.png

One time they had a Red Labelled bottle of instant coffee, competing with Nescafe...

70 Best maxwell house images | Maxwell house coffee, Coffee ...

Edited by ravip

9 minutes ago, accel said:

i can recommend Akha Ama in Chiang Mai, Pacamara, can order online at Hillkoff, Peaberry Ltd., or find some local coffee on Lazada/Shopee.

This is exactly what I was looking for.

I have just ordered 500g Akha Ama, Italian (medium).

Thanks mate ! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

After moving to Thailand and searching high and low and trying a bunch of brands, I settled on Bon Café's Café Créma.  A couple of their coffees I think taste awful, but the Café Créma (100% Arabica and available in bean or ground form) hits the spot.  Also less expensive than some "premium" coffees you can find in Bangkok. You can order online or find in some supermarkets.

I use a filter cone to make it.

Edited by JTXR
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

With this headline

Best Coffee in Thailand?

I wonder why so many replies here are about instant coffee.

First I wouldn't call any of those powders "coffee" and second even if we would call it coffee any instant coffee is far away from real coffee.

Are you instant "coffee" drinkers all lazy or do you have no idea how decent coffee should taste or are your taste buds ruined?

2019_02_24_Taste_instant_Coffee16427-1.j

Perhaps more interested in our coffee fix than in the snob appeal of coffee shops culture.  And yes had my share of drip brewed coffee in the coffee shops of Japan and on the Rhein in the 60's and always had ample brewed coffee available at work (always a cup at hand) but find nothing wrong in good instant coffee and these days it is my choice.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I love Vietnamese coffee. I drink it black like espresso. It tastes great.

A friend called it rocket fuel - he has a point there.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHzPJy8emjukLHETwFPBe

And the funny thing is I buy it in a billiard shop in Bangkok. 

http://www.thailandbilliard.com/

Rocket fuel?? When I was introduced to that early one morning in LA, it was triple espresso with a side of fresh OJ. Got me started. Mind you being served by a wannabee helped.

• Like 2

Not too bad is arabica Thai coffee, but

The very best are Brazilian or Colombian beans coffee. Can buy in Central Festival. 
Expensive? Yes. Of course without milk and sugar.