Covid-19: "Kind hearted lady" distributing charity to homeless is prosecuted by Bangkok police

webfact

8 hours ago, petermik said:

Well done the BIB....stick to the rules and forget about using common sense...you must be proud of yourselves :whistling:

What is wrong with the people than ? Keep a distance ,Nah can't do that 10 other people get greedy and push in. It's mostly the Fault off the people .The lady was trying to help.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Emdog said:

A few days ago saw free food handout Jomtien beach, near sunset. Police were there, but did nothing to separate people aka social distancing.

i was there from before the police box, to second road and into the complex hundreds of people

no spaces, same at soi watt boon market like a massive scrum, police never bothered just looked on

the day after three Farangs arrested and fined 30k each drinking at 6pm in their condo, as usual two

setts of laws.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Fair do's when the law is clearly stated. Show me that's the case here and I'll agree with you.

Many rules and regulations in Thailand include clauses stipulating requirements A / B / C and then "or as may be determined by a competent official", meaning that A/B/C can be tossed aside at the whim of some paper pusher.  

The police, immigration officers etc, are allowed too much discretion, you cannot give discretion to anyone who badly lacks common sense., and that is most police officers and IOs.

• Like 1

I passed a food hand out by a good couple at a hotel in Hua Hin today. The length of the line was over a block long. People stool heel to toe and the police where there directing traffic. I get staying back and coughing in your pit and wearing mask when I’m close proximity to others. Ok I get it. But when you have as many people having a hard time getting there next meal you best just have one place in your area and have it handed out under proper supervision. For what I see it all depends what kind of mood the cycle Jockeys are in for the out come. 
Taking action for a person doing good?! Really people!!!

On 4/22/2020 at 9:38 AM, smedly said:

That should have been made clear to everyone from the start so that everyone was on the same page - hardly her fault and taking her to court is a bit harsh - maybe she will counter sue because she was not informed of this arrangement and neither was anyone else 

Agree the court bit is disgraceful !!! Shame on the police who decided to charge her!!!