Logging Out Of Tv

cm-happy

I frequently forget to log off of TV when finished with the session. Will often just close the browser window or go to a different site. This is always at my home computer so not sure if there are any security issues involved with not logging out, or should I always be more carefull about logging out?

When I do forget, the next time I access TV it always shows me as logged in without going thru the login process.

at home I do the same mate.

Only when in public internet shops or other peoples computers is it important. From home, No probs.

Unless there are others living there who use your Pc, perhaps.

at home I do the same mate.

Only when in public internet shops or other peoples computers is it important. From home, No probs.

Unless there are others living there who use your Pc, perhaps.

Thanks for the input. I do have a house mate, but I'm 100% possitive that I'm the only one using the machine. I'm the home machines ADMIN, and the mate doesnt have access to the machine as a user.

I frequently forget to log off of TV when finished with the session. Will often just close the browser window or go to a different site. This is always at my home computer so not sure if there are any security issues involved with not logging out, or should I always be more carefull about logging out?

When I do forget, the next time I access TV it always shows me as logged in without going thru the login process.

The default on the TV sign in is "remember me" so it drops a cookie and next time TV finds

that and signs you in.

I never sign out of TV at home but I am careful now to sign out of everything in

cyber cafes. I lost access to a couple of webmail accounts last year through not signing out.

I also remember somebody posting an apology here when he found someone in his house

was posting wierd and moronic stuff in his name.

:o Checking your collection now O.R.E.

cm/happy, happy to oblige mate. Sounds like you've nothing to worry about at home then. Just in public, as you noticed in a previous thread, it is really quite important.

edit: spelling

edit2: farangsay, I remember that too. Somebody had a long term house/guest or something, and that house/guest started posting really dumb stuff, using the genuine thaivisa user's account. Good memory. That's somewhat a reason why I don't like having guests.

Housemates are generally speaking safer, cos you have to share your home life, and it goes both ways.

Edited by kayo

Being at home and the sole user of the PC should not be so much of a problem, however, if you are someone that regularly uses public computers (i.e Internet cafe, work) then it is a good idea of getting into the habit of not only logging out, but clearing cookies and history in the browser to be on the safe side. If you follow this practice at home and in public you minimise the risk of forgetting to log out etc when using a public computer.

Totster :o