Airports of Thailand expects passengers to decline by more than 50%

snoop1130

12 hours ago, Blumpie said:

53 percent?  

It's going to probably be far far lower than that.  

You know, international travellers aren't going anywhere this year unless they really have to.  

If i owned an airline or anything to do with tourism and was offered that 53% as a bet i would put my shirt on it, in fact both if them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:
16 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

because as we all know - Europe etc. has a very strong version of covid 19, no at all like the one in Thailand at the moment 

That's not entirely true I didn't know that Europe's version of sars cov 2 was any different to anywhere else,

do you know any links to scientific data that proves this?

I don't think (or didn't read) that virus in Europe is different than the one in Asian.

Main difference for me is that must touch countries (Italy, Spain, France...) have a huge population of senior people, many of them already weak, who are perfect target for this virus. ????

I think that the ratio of such senior people in Thailand is a lot smaller,

and lot of less obese or diabetic people in this age range of people.

Edit: Age pyramids:

thailand-population-pyramid-2018.jpg

italy-population-pyramid-2018.jpg

Edited by Pattaya46

10 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

That's not entirely true I didn't know that Europe's version of sars cov 2 was any different to anywhere else,do you know any links to scientific data that proves this?

I was being sarcastic - I thought that was obvious due to the smiley face. Ditto @Pattaya46

Edited by KhaoYai

8 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Thank you.  As soon as I saw the subject I knew before I clicked on it the first replies would say the numbers were false and that the TAT would be mentioned (yep, they never get tired of that one!  Yawn).

I wish people would just do a little critical thinking or perhaps even a little research before they jump in with both feet to belittle, criticise, or complain.  They would look less stupid when someone like you posts the logical answer.

They wholeheartedly deserve to be belittled, criticised and complained about they are a bunch of incompetent buffoons and anybody who cannot see that need their lumps felt...

5 hours ago, mark131v said:

They wholeheartedly deserve to be belittled, criticised and complained about they are a bunch of incompetent buffoons and anybody who cannot see that need their lumps felt...

So......reporting factual numbers of flight movements and passenger arrivals over a 12 month period.  Why do you want to feel my lumps exactly?

It would be nice if instead of hysteria you could calmly explain what your issue is.  Why is the AOT reporting a 53% decline in passenger numbers worthy of criticism??

14 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

So......reporting factual numbers of flight movements and passenger arrivals over a 12 month period.  Why do you want to feel my lumps exactly?

It would be nice if instead of hysteria you could calmly explain what your issue is.  Why is the AOT reporting a 53% decline in passenger numbers worthy of criticism??

Certainly not hysterical mate, but what makes you believe these numbers are factual? 

Have you not noticed that most every institution in Thailand are pathological liars and appear to be completely unable to tell the truth especially if face is concerned?

If you are happy to believe what you are told by these mouthpieces most of whom have never had to earn their positions or anything else in their lives then that's up to you

I have seen enough of them to know the majority are incompetent cretins and their opinions and proclamations are at best unreliable and who I would not trust to run a bath let alone do anything important

ps.rose coloured glasses came off long ago, you should try it!

11 minutes ago, mark131v said:

Certainly not hysterical mate, but what makes you believe these numbers are factual? 

Have you not noticed that most every institution in Thailand are pathological liars and appear to be completely unable to tell the truth especially if face is concerned?

If you are happy to believe what you are told by these mouthpieces most of whom have never had to earn their positions or anything else in their lives then that's up to you

I have seen enough of them to know the majority are incompetent cretins and their opinions and proclamations are at best unreliable and who I would not trust to run a bath let alone do anything important

ps.rose coloured glasses came off long ago, you should try it!

Read the thread and you'll see the figures are for the year from September to September so the numbers are entirely realistic.  Six months of pre-Covid normality, six months of limited flights.

For what exact purpose would the AOT want to make it up?  People can count the flights if they want.

You could be right in this case as I can't be arsed checking however I tend to treat every utterance from a Thai institution with scepticism, the vast majority appear to blatantly lie and often send out multiple contradictory messages and will do anything to save face. Give it a few days and I can almost guarantee there will be another proclamation with a different outcome

It is a national tragedy...