'Under consideration' So I still need to get my extra ten days stamp?

I know this is probably an unwelcome new thread.
But, I'm unsure if i need to go to immigration office or not.
I had the 20 days under consideration stamp after getting my embassy letter, and am due to go back for my extra ten days stamp.
But since the new amnesty has been announced, do I still need to go?

'Maybe' is not an answer ! overstay fines are too high.

Any absolute clarity on this?

Edited by theVenerable

I contacted the immigration at Rayong and was told to contact a few days later.

under consideration stamp was until 20/04/2020.

calling that day the immigration officer notified me that my extension (via consulate letter) is included in the amnesty.

i nonetheless attended to make sure this was the same, and as was on the phone, the immigration officer confirmed this showing me the paper outlining the date.

as such this would now apply to the new position for a further continuation until 31/07/2020.

It's ALL BS
I got a THREE DAY extension and have to come back on 27th April.

The signs in Immigration still say visas will be extended until April 30th, nothing about beyond that.

I asked the woman what should I do next, she said go to front desk and ask.. I asked there and she told me to go back to counter 6 and ask...

Only info I have is that my visa is stamped until 27th April, and I need to go back to immigration then.

I've lost count of the times I've asked for clarity in these forums.

I appreciate the help.. but 
It;s clear nobody knows a damn thing.
And some even say ' Surely'  ' Definitely'   well,  Please STOP

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, theVenerable said:

I got a THREE DAY extension and have to come back on 27th April.

When did you get a 3 day extension?

You wrote you need to go back to get the remainder of your 30 day extension after the 20 day under consideration period.

Just go to immigration to get the final stamp that gives your remaining 10 days or so.

After that you certainly safe to stay until July 31th if you cannot leave the country to get a new entry before then.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You wrote you need to go back to get the remainder of your 30 day extension after the 20 day under consideration period.

Just go to immigration to get the final stamp that gives your remaining 10 days or so.

After that you certainly safe to stay until July 31th if you cannot leave the country to get a new entry before then.

Ah this would make sense as to why I got 10 days on my 2nd visit to the immigration office (1st Apil -> 21st April -> 1st May), as my first UC stamp was for 20, so tallies it to 30 days. Gives me hope that I will get a longer amnesty when I go again though my issue is I was given UC whilst I was on a 7 day extension denied stamp (but had letter from consulate)

47 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

TODAY

I went back to get my extension after the 20 day period.
I got THREE days
And told to come back on 27th.

didnt i make it clear?

''After that you certainly safe to stay until July 31th if you cannot leave the country to get a new entry before then.''

You and your 'certainties'

The signs on the immigration office desks still say extension is available until 30th April only.. nothing about July.
I myself only got THREE days until 27th.

I dont mean to be rude but im having the total opposite experience of what people promise in here..
Ridiculous

Edited by theVenerable

5 minutes ago, theVenerable said:

''After that you certainly safe to stay until July 31th if you cannot leave the country to get a new entry before then.''

You and your 'certainties'

The signs on the immigration office desks still say extension is available until 30th April only.. nothing about July.

I dont mean to be rude but im having the total opposite experience of what people promise in here..
Ridiculous

They can't confirm the July extension until it's officially law.  This is expected to happen very soon.

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

They can't confirm the July extension until it's officially law.  This is expected to happen very soon.

so why did i only get 3 days anyway?
MY 20 days expired today, 23rd. I should have got ten.

It's all BS
All of it,
I won't believe a word in future.. thats the only certainty

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, theVenerable said:

I went back to get my extension after the 20 day period.
I got THREE days
And told to come back on 27th.

Apparently you extension had not been approved yet. That has nothing to with 30th being the official date at this time.

You applied before the order came into effect and applied under the memorandum that allowed extensions if you had a letter from your embassy.

13 minutes ago, theVenerable said:

Please stop posting in caps. That is considered as shouting.

That is not why you were told to come back in 3 days.

Edit: In reality the under consideration stamp you have allows you to stay until your extension is approved. The report back date means nothing other than that.

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A rude inflammatory post has been removed. Read everything again and try posting again.

Edit: And again. I suggest you calm down.

I'm remarkably calm considering.
the constant misleading advice and guarantees in here are shameful.

not even an acknowledgement from you.

Any chance  you can STOP making promises until you are sure ?

is that really unreasonable to ask?

9 minutes ago, theVenerable said:

Hey up,

I'm in same boat so to speak (or more swimming alongside). I'm having faith in that basically, that they're just giving you those 3 days as right now, there's nothing else they can do as part of the legal process. Admittedly I got 10 taking me to 1st May a few days and fulfilling the 1 month out, but here's my guess...they're expecting the extension to the amnesty to come into law any day and when you go back, provide it for you and so hence they reckon 3 days is just enough time to wait it out.

Frustrating but on the plus side, the offices are quiet and it's a quick process (and remarkable, for once, free ????. Plus with this lockdown always good excuse for me to get out of my place and go for a wander. 

Cheekily, it's good to know someone has to get their 3rd stamp before me - thought I was gonna be the first guinea pig ???? But in seriousness, please update here when the time comes. Helps a lot seeing how other people in similar situation are doing.

Edited by CodeCoded
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, theVenerable said:

Could you post your latest stamp you received today? If it's yet another "under consideration" stamp, it simply means your extension hasn't been approved yet - which is what ubonjoe tried to explain to you. Once you'll have your final extension stamp, you will be covered by the amnesty till July 31st.

22 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Could you post your latest stamp you received today? If it's yet another "under consideration" stamp, it simply means your extension hasn't been approved yet - which is what ubonjoe tried to explain to you. Once you'll have your final extension stamp, you will be covered by the amnesty till July 31st.

Those are all the stamps I've had since coming to Thailand in late January.

Not that it seems to mean anything.
It's all so unreliable anyway.

IMG_20200423_122105.jpg

IMG_20200423_122140.jpg

IMG_20200423_122201.jpg

42 minutes ago, theVenerable said:

Those are all the stamps I've had since coming to Thailand in late January.

You got a new under consideration stamp today with the 27th as the new contact immigration day.

That means your application done on April 2 has not been approved yet.

43 minutes ago, theVenerable said:

Is that normal to still not be approved?

It does happen sometimes. They are sent to Division 3 in Bangkok that is responsible for the central region of the country which is probably very busy due to the number of approvals they have had to do.

43 minutes ago, theVenerable said:

Others in same boat?

Probably but we may of not heard about them.

2 hours ago, theVenerable said:

Took my passport in today, they didn't even stamp it, just said I'm OK until 31st July if I can't leave the country before then.
At last.

I have the same dates in my passport: the first extension of stay until 28 March, and when I subsequently went in on that date for "emergency-extension" they gave me an "under consideration stamp" until 27 April. So I assume that I didn't need to go in today either? At CW? I hope??

1 minute ago, Terry B said:

I have the same dates in my passport: the first extension of stay until 28 March, and when I subsequently went in on that date for "emergency-extension" they gave me an "under consideration stamp" until 27 April. So I assume that I didn't need to go in today either? At CW? I hope??

Yes. Keep in mind your previous "admitted untill" stamp was March 28. 

You were already included in amnesty which was specific about permission of stay ending post March 26.

Problem was they didn't announce it till ~April 7. (As you would expect)

Your included in amnesty. Don't bother with imm.

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2020 at 1:16 PM, ubonjoe said:

You got a new under consideration stamp today with the 27th as the new contact immigration day.

That means your application done on April 2 has not been approved yet.

In the light of post #24 can you advise.

On 4/23/2020 at 2:05 PM, ubonjoe said:

It does happen sometimes. They are sent to Division 3 in Bangkok that is responsible for the central region of the country which is probably very busy due to the number of approvals they have had to do.

Probably but we may of not heard about them.

I also posted my findings and that they give me second UC stamp to come back on May 1.

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

In the light of post #24 can you advise.

Things have changed since I made that post. The extension July 31st to had not been formally gone into effect then.

I just hope what he was told is correct though.