Thailand reports lowest number of new COVID-19 cases since March 14

webfact

1 hour ago, montereyjp said:

I see that some post are doubting the numbers reported daily..speculating that there could be many people sick in labor camps or in areas where poor people live.. but if this was the case would it not be obvious that people are sick in these places? That some would be sick enough to require medical assistants and even some dying.. could the Thai government be hiding that? I don't think so..

Consider this...

Under normal circumstances, about 50k people die in Thailand each month from all causes. So, people are sick in those places and many sick enough to require medical assistance and some die. This happens all the time. The government doesn't have to hide sick or dying people. It just has to hide the numbers of people sick and dying each month so that people like us and the general Thai public can't look at that data and decide whether we're currently facing a dire health/death crisis or not.

It would take only a 10% increase in average monthly deaths over the last three months to equate to an additional 15k dead which would put Thailand in the top ten, I think in regards to raw numbers of deaths in the past three months (go look at Worldometer to see for sure). My argument is: hospital business could bump up 10% and that would be so close to business as usual that nobody would run to their phone to use social media to alert us over here at TV. I know many people disagree with my thinking on this. 

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

He tested positive for covid19. As in the doctors told him he has coronavirus. 

OK, so he doesn't know if he has CV19 or one of the myriad of other items that the test will prove positive for, thanks.

"The test cannot rule out diseases caused by other bacterial or viral pathogens."

29 minutes ago, Dannybigboy said:

The numbers are getting lower and lower - thats good ! But folks this is of course not the real truth   ...there is a massive spread of the Corona Virus in the general population - they are undetected yet, but believe me something is not correct here. Thailand has a population of 65-70 million people. Must be the luckiest country in history.

It is all because of the Amulet wearing people, and then all of the praying they do to dead tree's, and .....wait that's not right, that's how they pick there lottery numbers.....or are they as lucky in the lottery as with COVID-19, well there is no way, they all can not win the lottery every time, so they must be winning the COVID-19 virus lottery.......NOT

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, smew said:

No matter what, economic impact is immeasurable. File charges against Mainland China, US State of Missouri did  just that for multi billion !!   

The Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act of 1976 extends blanket immunity to countries from most lawsuits in the United States.

Just a political stunt..

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, mrfill said:

The Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act of 1976 extends blanket immunity to countries from most lawsuits in the United States.

Just a political stunt..

Wow for a moment I was thinking you found out why the COVID numbers are so low ie... The Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act of 1976 extends blanket immunity to all Thais and therefore no infections here....it was a longshot, but then i grasped what you were talking about.

• Max total size 14537.32MB · Max file size 511MB

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, bodga said:

Which may mean it  only transmits easily in close confine with others.

Yes, I think so.  Cruise ships.  Military ships.  Sporting events.  Taxis.  Church services.  Buses and subways.  Dormitory housing.  Parties.  Airplanes.  Business and other meetings.   One of the big virus spreads in the US has been traced to a medical company's two-day leadership meeting that brought 175 employees from around the US and Europe to Boston.  Lots of hugs, kissing of cheeks from the Europeans, handshakes, and mingling in various conferences, meetings, and social gatherings.     

Some of the attendees caught the virus during the two day event but did not realize they were exposed and contagious until days later--after they had flown on planes and returned to cities in America and Europe.  By the time they got sick and realized they were contagious, they in turn had exposed many others to the virus; in several cases bringing the virus to places that had been virus-free.   You wonder how America could go from so few cases to so many in such a relatively short time, this is just one example.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

'Amazingly unbelievable' I think you mean

Richard.. in some things I am a bigger cynic than you.   Usually because I have FIRST HAND 

experience with the BS  that I am witnessing.

Day after day you make the same comment .  Please ,  i don't need to know the history

of lies and deceptions that occur daily in all matters of things.

Just let me know what your first hand figures are on this particular subject.

How many new cases are there?    We already know that mass testing is not done.

But are you personally visiting hospitals and seeing the thousand of patients with c19

that you seem to suspect ?         yes or no would be nice

Note:  this post applies to all making sarcastic comments.  Please give us your

numbers that you have witnessed.   

Edited by rumak
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Reading about how one of the 13 included went to hospital for surgery. They did a covid test on him as a precaution and he tested positive. 

I don’t want things to go back to normal as soon as possible. I want things to go back to normal as soon as it’s safe to. Lots of stories from China of areas going on lockdown again. 

My daughter in laws brother48 was admitted to hospital in the Uk for a stomach complaint, 2 days after he arrived for observation it was discovered he had Covid, no symptoms, quarantined for 8 days and told  to isolate at home on discharge, and this is the nature of the beast

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Almer said:

My daughter in laws brother48 was admitted to hospital in the Uk for a stomach complaint, 2 days after he arrived for observation it was discovered he had Covid, no symptoms, quarantined for 8 days and told  to isolate at home on discharge, and this is the nature of the beast

No, he went in for surgery. Not because he was feeling ill or anything like that. The doctor gave him a covid case as a precaution - no symptoms, just for the sake of being extra careful. He tested positive. 

To those of you who happen to live here & keep knocking please stop being so sarcastic .

You should know better. We are actually bloody lucky to be here at this time.

To those of you who comment from New York or the UK better keep your eyes on your own plate, your not doing so well

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Reading about how one of the 13 included went to hospital for surgery. They did a covid test on him as a precaution and he tested positive. 

I don’t want things to go back to normal as soon as possible. I want things to go back to normal as soon as it’s safe to. Lots of stories from China of areas going on lockdown again. 

What test? There is no test for CVD19, they never isolated the "virus" so that a proper test could be manufactured. The hospitals are using a test that will show Corona related material. 99.9% of all tested people have that in their system. Please everybody talking about test this and test that, read up on it.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Choochai said:

What test? There is no test for CVD19, they never isolated the "virus" so that a proper test could be manufactured. The hospitals are using a test that will show Corona related material. 99.9% of all tested people have that in their system. Please everybody talking about test this and test that, read up on it.

Okay. Sources?

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Outstanding news. Now, let's get the nation up and running. Millions are depending on this. Very few here have the kinds of pensions or resources many on this forum have. Easy to say let's be extra safe when you are clocking 100,000 baht a month. 

It is plenty safe to end the insanity of an economic lockdown. May 1st. Make it happen please. 

For the zombie apocalypse crowd, if it were going to blow up here, it would have happened much earlier when there were millions of tourists here. It has already incubated long ago. 

Heat, humidity, vitamin D from the sun, or just a great job done by the authorities. Who knows? But, it is gone, baby gone!

It's gone? May 1st return to normal? Your in cuckoo land. Get real. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Solidpoo said:

If the locals cant afford the cost for testing, non of the migrant workers would be able to afford it. 

the authorities should go to these dorms and test the migrant workers. Also, any construction sites should check the temperatures of all their workers including management.

10 minutes ago, Ranshoko said:

It's gone? May 1st return to normal? Your in cuckoo land. Get real. 

If you prefer to cling to the apocalypse scenario, be my guest. Barely 20 new infections a day certainly suggests otherwise. Some will simply not be able to adjust to a life without panic or fear. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

No, he went in for surgery. Not because he was feeling ill or anything like that. The doctor gave him a covid case as a precaution - no symptoms, just for the sake of being extra careful. He tested positive. 

This suggests community spread, something many of us have suspected for a long time.

I would go and get an antibody test myself but I suspect if I tested positive for the antibodies they would launch an investigation into where I might have got it from potentially months ago, I last had a cold at the beginning of February, nothing since then.

This would lead them directly to an inconvenient truth - Chinese tourists.

I reckon there's been millions of infections undetected and barely noticed, even by the people who were ill.

Edited by ukrules
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is all because of the Amulet wearing people, and then all of the praying they do to dead tree's, and .....wait that's not right, that's how they pick there lottery numbers.....or are they as lucky in the lottery as with COVID-19, well there is no way, they all can not win the lottery every time, so they must be winning the COVID-19 virus lottery.......NOT

Wrong. They are winning. Whatever they did here it worked. The virus is barely clinging on here. Covid itself is on life support in Thailand now. Barely a week or two and it will be gone!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, brain150 said:

2,839 cases in a population of 65,000,000 ???

That's 0.004% of the population ... this sounds like a really bad pandemic

What a joke this whole FAKE PANDEMIC is ... based on the official numbers !

Pandemic panic . a thai movie in the making.

Hope to come out this Thai soap drama , and  have not died of boredom.

A virus vet , those were the days , i was there,  isolate , i so late..

Edited by elliss

30 minutes ago, ukrules said:

This suggests community spread, something many of us have suspected for a long time.

I would go and get an antibody test myself but I suspect if I tested positive for the antibodies they would launch an investigation into where I might have got it from potentially months ago, I last had a cold at the beginning of February, nothing since then.

This would lead them directly to an inconvenient truth - Chinese tourists.

I reckon there's been millions of infections undetected and barely noticed, even by the people who were ill.

This is my current theory as well. Mass infection already happened, but most has been asymptomatic. It's good news if true. No way could they have escaped the spread with all of those Wuhanese coming in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1