Transport from/to the islands Phangan, Tao and Samui

3 hours ago, KimSamui said:

The Bangkok Airways flight 11K return two people. Only a few Flights each day, All Full.

Most domestic tourists that we are seeing are driving to Samui. In July, out of 62 villa checkins, only 4 groups came through Bangkok Airways.

Groups are mainly from Bangkok, but some are also from Pattaya, Phuket, Chiang Mai and Pattani.

Bangkok airways seem to be sticking at 5 flights a day Tuesday to Thursday, but with extra flights at the weekends.

4 hours ago, KimSamui said:

Chaweng is barely suitable for Tourists anymore, Lamai is nice and has a strong local population and some businesses open make it pleasant despite many business closed.

Agreed on the Chaweng element. It will not rise from the ashes until the International borders open, although a few places have a regular, loyal, clientel.

Domestic tourism will not revive Chaweng but the beach there is beautiful again.

You should have tried the northern beaches. Again, like Lamai, a strong local population and many businesses are surviving the drought.

Thank you for sharing your observations.

• Like 2

I really hope Samui gets some Government attention and priority to it's plight.

I am truly looking forward to going back as soon as things improve a little. Samui Residents I hope things get easier for you.

Yes I will drive there next time. It took a total time to travel by car, then aircraft very similar to what it takes to simply drive and catch the Ferry. Far less expensive, and annoying to Drive to Samui than fly during the current COVID era.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KimSamui said:

Suvarnabhumi Airport only ONE, of THREE Multilevel carparks open, The Carpark is Totally Full

First, that's Bangkok problem not related to Samui.

The Bangkok Airways flight 11K return two people.

Round-trip is 2500b per person on promo now. And it's A319, not ATR72.

Only a few Flights each day, All Full.

I see at least 6 flights per day.

Cheap seats on the ATR72 for thrill seekers.

Is it really that bad? I flew turboprop with Nok Air, it was very comfortable.

Generally this must be hindering the arrival of Domestic Tourists and limiting any sort of revival.

I'm sure airlines are making losses right now. There's simply not enough domestic tourists to make hourly flights sustainable.

What I don't understand is why Bangkok Air still hasn't re-launched at least one flight to Chiang Mai.

The Ring Road is Torn up around the Island with Drains being installed at what seems crawling pace.

Yes, roadworks are slow, but now it's the perfect time for maintenance if you ask me. Wouldn't want to do it in the tourist season.

Sadly Chaweng is barely suitable for Tourists anymore, Lamai is nice and has a strong local population and some businesses open make it pleasant despite many business closed.

Why? Still plenty of businesses open in Chaweng just outside from Beach Road.

In short it's a pricy trip, and you get what you get:(

2500 baht round-trip and many hotels on sale, I don't see how is that pricy.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, redpill17 said:

First, that's Bangkok problem not related to Samui. So funny!

Round-trip is 2500b per person on promo now. And it's A319, not ATR72.

I see at least 6 flights per day.

Is it really that bad? I flew turboprop with Nok Air, it was very comfortable.

I'm sure airlines are making losses right now. There's simply not enough domestic tourists to make hourly flights sustainable.

What I don't understand is why Bangkok Air still hasn't re-launched at least one flight to Chiang Mai.

Yes, roadworks are slow, but now it's the perfect time for maintenance if you ask me. Wouldn't want to do it in the tourist season.

Why? Still plenty of businesses open in Chaweng just outside from Beach Road.

2500 baht round-trip and many hotels on sale, I don't see how is that pricy.

I guess you have not done the flight? 

It's 2,500 One Way limited seats and times. NOT ONE-WAY. And yes it is the ATR that is on special as well as the 319 which fills quickly. 

I spent a around 40K all up for 5 days...How much did you spend? and when did you travel? 

So the 11k I spent on return tickets was imaginary? Or that it's not expensive? Especially with the current prices on offer currently all over Thailand for flights and accommodation. Plenty of excuses Mate and no actual experience.

Edited by KimSamui
Posted without comment

1 hour ago, KimSamui said:

So the 11k I spent on return tickets was imaginary? Or that it's not expensive? Especially with the current prices on offer currently all over Thailand for flights and accommodation. Plenty of excuses Mate and no actual experience.

I'm not making excuses, I only speak from personal experience. Also, you didn't specify when was your trip. I've just bought a return ticket in the opposite direction a few days ago for 2500 baht, but they have this price for various routes. Flightradar says it's A319.

If you don't believe me, you can check bangkokair.com website yourself. There's a banner for We Travel Together program you need to click to see special prices. Thai people can get a rebate on hotels, but 2500b ticket promo is available for all passengers, as confirmed by Bangkok Air support.

I agree Samui is not a paradise, and Bangkok Airways is normally overpriced. Frankly, if I just wanted a beach vacation, I'd rather go to Hua Hin or Dolphin Bay. But people make assumptions about Koh Samui, which leave me confused. I live here and I can say it's not overpriced or deserted if you stay away from typical tourist scams. No hard feelings Mate, just wanted to clarify.

• Like 2

Please, this thread is intended to be easy overlooking important transportation facts and updates for travellers to and from the islands.

It's not intended to be for various rants about Samui and Bangkok Airways, please keep that in separate started rant-threads, or in some of the other discussions about Samui business, price rants, and that the island is over developed and already spoiled a long time ago...????

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, redpill17 said:

Also, there are regular Lomprayah speedboats from Mae Nam to Koh Phangan (and then to Koh Tao) again.

Thanks.

Yes, Lomprayah has, according to their own website and a previous post, been operated their former catamaran routes by speedboats during the whole lockdown period.

However, it seems like the express catamaran/bus route between Hua Hin and Bangkok via Chomphon is only operating to Koh Tao, according to their homepage.

I've been told that the Lomprayah company had let go of a huge number of employees, about 100 I was told. The catamaran ferries that use to dock by Maenam pier has long been gone. A few times a small ferry, probably one of the first, have been docking by the pier.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, khunPer said:

Thanks.

Yes, Lomprayah has, according to their own website and a previous post, been operated their former catamaran routes by speedboats during the whole lockdown period.

Oh, I see. Strange, I was only able to find Raja tickets until recently.

19 hours ago, khunPer said:

I've been told that the Lomprayah company had let go of a huge number of employees, about 100 I was told. The catamaran ferries that use to dock by Maenam pier has long been gone. A few times a small ferry, probably one of the first, have been docking by the pier.

Yes, it seems there are only speedboats now from Mae Nam pier (20 min to Phangan, then goes to Tao). At least Seatran still has a comfortable ride from Bangrak (30 min to Phangan).

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Bangkok Airways temporary close the route Samui-Phuket vv. from January 10th to 31st (2021).

Moreover, the airline will temporary close its ticketing office located on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road (Headquarter) from 11 – 31 January 2021. However, passengers can still reach Bangkok Airways via the following channels;
• Call Center Tel. 1771 and 02-270 6699 (during 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.)
• Email at [email protected]
• PG Live Chat at https://bit.ly/PGLiveChatEN
Passengers affected by temporary flight reductions and route suspensions may rebook their tickets without any change fees. For passengers who booked their tickets directly through Bangkok Airways, they may contact the airline via above contact channels. Passengers who booked their tickets through travel agencies are advised to directly contact their agents for further arrangements.
Moreover, the airline encourages passengers to check announcements, orders, and travel procedures, for each destination prior to travel from the related authorities such as:
- The Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) http://bit.ly/2MErVYn
- Airports of Thailand www.airportthai.co.th/th/
- Department of Airports
Bangkok Airways apologizes for the inconvenience caused. The airline is committed on its value to prioritize the health and safety of passengers and staffs. The company will continue to strictly follow precautionary measures against the COVID-19.

• Thanks 1

Guidelines for people coming from Red/Orange zone:

????1. Report to Health Department of each sub-district
????2. Quarantine at home/hotel
????3. Get a free covid19 test
????4. If negative, you can still travel in Samui
????5. DO NOT join any party or be in crowded area even if the test result is negative.
Telephone numbers for Health Department of each Sub-District for a report when you come from Red/Orange zone:
Source: Tessabaan Samui
Data : 9 Jan 2021
(Source: Samui Info by Nicha)

136790973_234032011588443_78542628129333

• Like 1

As of 17 January, 2021, arrivals from the following areas are required to enter a 14-day quarantine and be tested for COVID-19: Samut Sakhon, Rayong, Samut Prakan, Chon Buri (Bang Lamung and Si Racha Districts), Bangkok (Bang Khunthien, Bang Phlat, Bang Kae, Thon Buri and Don Mueang Districts), Nonthaburi (Bang Yai and Bang Bua Thong Districts), Chanthaburi (Mueang and Tha Mai Districts), Nakhon Pathom (Mueang and Don Toom Districts), and Ang Thong (Pa Mok District).

Billedet indeholder sandsynligvis: tekst, der siger "TAT update COVID-19 Controls at Thai provinces as of 18 January 2021 mazing THAILAND TAT NEWS"

???????? PRESS RELEASE: Summary of provincial COVID-19 control measures as of 18 January 2021. This update includes Samut Sakhon’s easing of restrictions. Also, Ko Samui has announced requirements for arrivals from the maximum and highly controlled areas to enter a 14-day quarantine.

Source: TAT News.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have just travelled from Samui to KPN for a few days R & R. I departed from the Lomprayah pier in Maenam (Pralerm pier) to Thong Sala.

Yes, it is the Lomprayah ferry company but they are using the Lomlahkkhirrin speedboats and not the larger, smoother catamarans.

This morning's boat was overcrowded - at least 4 - 6 people sitting on plastic stools. Not very comfy.

If you want a proper seat and life vest - please book.

No questions about zones or whatever. Just a bit of a queue when you disembark at KPN as the temperature check is a thermal body scan.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I have just travelled from Samui to KPN for a few days R & R. I departed from the Lomprayah pier in Maenam (Pralerm pier) to Thong Sala.

Yes, it is the Lomprayah ferry company but they are using the Lomlahkkhirrin speedboats and not the larger, smoother catamarans.

This morning's boat was overcrowded - at least 4 - 6 people sitting on plastic stools. Not very comfy.

If you want a proper seat and life vest - please book.

No questions about zones or whatever. Just a bit of a queue when you disembark at KPN as the temperature check is a thermal body scan.

30 mins travel time?

• 1 month later...

For those commuting between Haad Rin (Koh Phangan) and Bang Rak (Koh Samui), Haad Rin Queen is sailing twice a day by speed boat, and there was quite a number of passengers today both arriving and departing with the afternoon boat...

wIMG20210326_Haadrin-Queen.jpg.2479c187877262faa97a4d3010020190.jpg

wIMG20210326_HRQ-arr-dep.jpg.c3ff17a3b3d1b7c4d67d59bae089d898.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

23 flight to Samui a day during Songkran...

"The situation during the upcoming Songkran Festival has many tourists interested in traveling to Koh Samui. With an additional 10-12 round-trip flights per day to 23 flights per day."

Full article in Thai language: Post Today "Koh Samui vaccinated for another 50,000 doses, ready to accept foreign tourists" HERE.

• Thanks 1

Effective from April 9 until further changes.
Visitors from Bangkok (only from Bangkae, Wattana and Klongtoei) and Samut Sakorn (Muang District) need to take RT- PCR test

-for entering Samui. Visitors from the mentioned places must stay in the residence while waiting for the test result. Once found negative, they can travel in Samui by following the enforced measures.

Source: Tessabaan Samui, 8th April 2021.

Article in Thai language, Matichon Online "เกาะสมุยยันโควิด-19 ระลอก 3 เที่ยวได้ ไม่มีกักตัว แต่ต้องตรวจคัดกรองเชื้อ" HERE.

Edited by khunPer
Link to article with additional information.
  • Like 1

April 10, regulations when arriving from Red Zone...

Kan være et billede af 1 person, står og tekst, der siger "Regulations for visitors coming from Red Zone to Samui f SAMUI INFO By NICHA"

Visitors from Red zone( Bangkok only from Bangkae, Wattana and Klongtoei and Mueang District of Samut Sakorn province must follow the following regulations:

????1.Take swab test (no cost) at Koh Samui Hospital
????2. Result will be announced once per day at 20:00 by phone (only to those who are positive) otherwise there would be no call for negative results
????3. Self quarantine during the waiting period for a result. Visitors can travel once found negative, and if positive, need to be healed accordingly.

????Remark: Koh Samui Hospital has no transfer service. Those who take a swap test will have to go to the hospital themselves or arrange with their hotels.
Data on April 10, 2021.