Pandemic dims lights on Thailand's $5bn nightlife sector

webfact

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You can get a DDG in her twenties that will swear to take care of you, but whether they will stay the course is an entirely different proposition.

If you pay them monthly .............. why would you care?

On average it takes me under a week to move a new one in.

And as a bonus the new one gets me an age reset back to late 20s/early 30s.

Edited by BritManToo

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If you pay them monthly .............. why would you care?

On average it takes me under a week to move a new one in.

And as a bonus the new one gets me an age reset back to late 20s/early 30s.

So you've moved in a new one who has all the loyalty of a ginger cat. What do you do when you have a fall off your bicycle, or a stroke in the bathroom? You think she'll stick around to wipe your backside for you? More likely she'll be trying to nick your credit cards.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, it´s only you that walks around with open eyes in the real world a sees the naked truth. I guess that was with great emphasis on the naked part. 

And you seem to be one of those holier than though, bible thumping , do gooders that look down on anyone you consider beneath your standards and not measuring up to what you consider proper.  As Jesus said to those that thought that way "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"  " Judge not that the be judged"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, webfact said:

"The coronavirus is going to kill the bar business," said Nutthapon, a 37-year-old manager of one establishment in Bangkok.

It's not going to kill it, since there'll always be a demand for it. Not just in relation to the naughty nightlife bars (which have been declining in popularity for various reasons) but pubs, clubs, bars and discos of all kinds. What will likely happen sadly, is that many current bar owners and staff will lose their jobs and businesses due to the current prolonged closures, and physical distancing regulations when they reopen. But the world has to get back to normal, and when that happens Thailand's nightlife will quickly resume it's world class reputation. 

11 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

It's not going to kill it, since there'll always be a demand for it. Not just in relation to the naughty nightlife bars (which have been declining in popularity for various reasons) but pubs, clubs, bars and discos of all kinds. What will likely happen sadly, is that many current bar owners and staff will lose their jobs and businesses due to the current prolonged closures, and physical distancing regulations when they reopen. But the world has to get back to normal, and when that happens Thailand's nightlife will quickly resume it's world class reputation. 

Agreed...

Plus with this virus there will be a vaccine.

So the 'new normal' won't exist 

Just begs the question who or what will be left.

• Like 2

Posts removed.

17) You will not discuss the specifics of prostitution. Though Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgement of that fact is not forbidden, ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.

27 minutes ago, Sharp said:

Plus with this virus there will be a vaccine.

When? so far they have not isolated it so cannot test for it, how on earth can they come up with a vaccine - or just "blind" trust?

• Like 1

Just now, CGW said:

When? so far they have not isolated it so cannot test for it, how on earth can they come up with a vaccine - or just "blind" trust?

Oxford University Human trials started yesterday or today in the UK I believe

Just now, Sharp said:

Oxford University Human trials started yesterday or today in the UK I believe

Rowing? or are they cashing in on the fear mongering as well?

Why would you trust "Oxford" brand loyalty?

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Yep, that´s what you and the punters usually tries to convince themself of so that everything is ok. Some even fall in love and think that their feelings are answered. 

How would you have any idea if you never visit them in bars or chat to them, as a friend, not a customer. You will find it quite interesting.

Give one 10,000 bht a month to not be a bar girl and a week after you leave she will be back at it and pretending to you she is back at home. They enjoy the lifestyle and the cash, and yes they do have a choice.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CGW said:

They are try to be helpful instead of sitting there complaining. Because they are testing and when completed will need to produce the results. Due diligence and all that.

Edited by Sujo

5 minutes ago, CGW said:

Just confirming to you its started Human testing nothing else.

I sure you can find the info and judge from there.

But looks as though you have already without reading it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

Because they are testing and when completed will need to produce the results. Due diligence and all that.

Ah - ok - thanks, so they have managed to isolate the virus where they now have a test, so now they can find a virus - great news ????

Bit late to be coming up with a virus though, if indeed, as you indicate they are able to?

1 minute ago, Sharp said:

But looks as though you have already without reading it.

Just asking a question ????

Noted you don't have an answer though :wink:

PR is a clever science isn't it. 

11 minutes ago, Sujo said:

They are try to be helpful instead of sitting there complaining. Because they are testing and when completed will need to produce the results. Due diligence and all that.

Kindly confirm that this is FOC? (free of charge)

21 hours ago, Sharp said:

As said survival of the fittest .

There is definitely going to be less completion for the ones than can survive so maybe the service will improve.

Lets hope.

higher quality also means higher prices. I expect if 50% of these venues go bankrupt, the prices of the remaining establishments will rise by at least 100%

6 hours ago, Logosone said:

Depends what life you give them.

Let me assure you there is no shortage of twenty year olds that will stay the course. If you don't mess up.

I don't get why any man in Thailand would take a 50 year old.

That's really not comprehensible to me. Well, I do understand the importance of a good massage. But each of my masseuses are no older than 25. I specify that when booking. 

Why would you take a 50 year old, when you know you can have a 24 year old? Even if she stays the course. She's 50! You do remember what 24 year olds look like?

my massage to go to is a ladyboy, i really wish it was a good looking girl,

or any woman really, but fact he is the best by a wide margin

18 hours ago, Ranshoko said:

Same old story same old excuses. Fact is it's the easy way out for these girls. They dont want REAL WORK and REAL PAY .......

Did you fall for the "my buffalo is sick"- scam or did you otherwise get butthurt?

Your cinicism and heartlessness is baffeling!

If the entertainment  business is $5 bn THB in farang areas then what is the overall nightlife business in Thailand?

There are more massage / girly bars operating away from typical farang areas for Thai's.  

17 hours ago, overherebc said:
18 hours ago, The Word said:

If that's the case, why was it not sold to them when it was up for grabs last time?

Maybe the asking price was based on the same system as the tourist numbers, ie increased 20% year on year????

Whatever the price, or it's basis, that didn't stop the current 'owners' from buying in, so why should one of the (apparently) many interested "luxury condo developers" that the poster to whom I was responding claimed were in the market not have bought it at the time?

18 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yep! Sure. They just spill their guts out to a perfect stranger. At least you make me laugh. ????????????????????

After that your advice is not suitable for me as I live a what people call a normal life. You know, the boring one with one woman and two children. Even if I didn´t, I would not sink as low to need a dating app for be able to talk to a woman.

Just out of interest. How did you meet your Thai wife?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1