Update Corvid Extension Lao's Citizen entered under Bilateral Agreement

My wife,(Lao's Citizen) arrived 8th March,30 day entry Bilateral Agreement,normally not extendable,Got embassy letter paid 2 days overstay on 8th April,and 1900 baht for extension,got under consideration stamp until 26th April and told to comeback before the 26th.

Just been back this morning got the rest of her 30 day extension stamp now till 6th May.IO told her you can stay now until 31 July,but if Thai/Lao's border opens before this date you must leave within 7 days of border opening or will be fined for overstay. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Good news.  Looks like they anticipate the Thai/Lao border opening in the next month or so, at least long before 31 July.  I'm in the opposite situation as my wife and son are stuck in Laos and can't get home to Thailand!

How do you deduce that they anticipate the border will be open within the next month or so?

based on the numbers for laos, I would predict that the friendship bridge will open sooner then most think.  sitting at 19 cases for the whole country for 11days now, and nongkhai with no cases, should provide a relaxed area shortly and open up. my father lives in laos, so I can imagine how many thai's are in laos and want to come home. I think first week of may you should see it open.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, TheX said:

based on the numbers for laos, I would predict that the friendship bridge will open sooner then most think.  sitting at 19 cases for the whole country for 11days now, and nongkhai with no cases, should provide a relaxed area shortly and open up. my father lives in laos, so I can imagine how many thai's are in laos and want to come home. I think first week of may you should see it open.

That would be great. But didn't they just add Laos to the list of high risk countries? So while the numbers look good, I'm not sure I'd be so optimistic. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

That would be great. But didn't they just add Laos to the list of high risk countries? So while the numbers look good, I'm not sure I'd be so optimistic. 

Correct plus all the neighboring countries were added to it.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 10:57 AM, darrendsd said:

How do you deduce that they anticipate the border will be open within the next month or so?

Even if they don't open up borders to neighbouring countries for foreigners,they might let Thai nationals in the same way they did it at the Malaysian border the other day.