Coronavirus: Trump suggests injecting disinfectant as treatment

ravip

US President Donald Trump has been lambasted by the medical community after suggesting research into whether coronavirus might be treated by injecting disinfectant into the body.

He also appeared to propose irradiating patients' bodies with UV light, an idea dismissed by a doctor at the briefing.

Another of his officials had moments earlier said sunlight and disinfectant were known to kill the infection.

Mr Trump's own public health agencies warn against bleach as a medicine.

What did President Trump say?

Full article

2 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

No he didn't , he was talking informally to an expert on the sidelines.

An unfortunate use of words but he's up there for 2 hours a day, bound to drop a few clangers!

Listening to the video, yes I gathered that too. An unfortunate use of words, by no other than BBC ????

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

trump: "And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

"So it'd be interesting to check that."

Anyone who would even think or suggest that would normally be considered a "sandwich short of a picnic" and more the fact that this idiot believes it or even wants it tested, is a testament to his stupidity, plain and simple, and it is all there, for all to see.

They said Pasteur was "a sandwich short of a picnic" too.

https://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/a-history-of-medicine/louis-pasteur/

• Sad 2

Was he referring to hydrogen peroxide? If so taking small doses of food grade internally has been around for a long time. Tried it myself and I'm not dead. Whether would help with this have no idea. Read the ingredients for vaccines, H2O2 starts to look good. Externally best thing for gravel rashes.

• Confused 2

32 minutes ago, Rancid said:

Was he referring to hydrogen peroxide? If so taking small doses of food grade internally has been around for a long time. Tried it myself and I'm not dead. Whether would help with this have no idea. Read the ingredients for vaccines, H2O2 starts to look good. Externally best thing for gravel rashes.

No, the disinfectants referred to by the DHS official whose remarks Trump was reacting to, were household bleach and isopropyl alcohol.

Also, would you think of injecting hydrogen peroxide? I somehow doubt it.

Anyway, as I understand it, while you can gargle with hydrogen peroxide or use it as a mouthwash, you should never ingest it.

According to Healthline:

The key to safely gargling hydrogen peroxide is to make sure you never swallow it. This is true whether you’re using 3% hydrogen peroxide or 35% “food grade” hydrogen peroxide.

Hydrogen Peroxide benefits

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

3 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

Even the Thais can't cut a candle to Trump. The man spends hours every day making sure that everyone knows that he's a total, stark-raving, unhinged lunatic with little to no reality contact. At the least the Thais only do it from time to time, usually when they're speaking. Trump is always speaking, or tweeting. ????

And tens of millions of Americans support him, what is your opinion about them?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ravip said:

He also appeared to propose irradiating patients' bodies with UV light,

I'm sure everyone has read the story about the lady with the remote vibrator a few days ago.

Maybe there is an idea that should forwarded to trump

• Like 1