Current Gold Price

pumpuiman

does anyone know any websites quoting jewelry prices?

I know it's a popular thing to do.....to sell or "trade up" your necklaces...I'm interested in the current Thai prices, as I want to compare with a jeweler here in the US (he's Thai) but want to know if his prices are fair.

Any ideas?

The advertised gold price is for the gold that everyone wears (i assume 22 karat)

This is the retailers sell price per Baht of gold.

If you want to sell gold to them, you will probably get about 10,000 Baht per Baht of Gold.

Not sure if you get a better price if you are "trading up"

Hope this helps

The advertised gold price is for the gold that everyone wears (i assume 22 karat)

This is the retailers sell price per Baht of gold.

If you want to sell gold to them, you will probably get about 10,000 Baht per Baht of Gold.

Not sure if you get a better price if you are "trading up"

Hope this helps

Thanks.....gives me something to work with. :o

The price given in the papers is indeed for the "gold everybody wears" which is approximately 23K.

Thai gold is .965 pure. (24 * .965 = 23.16 karat). Gold in the west is quoted at .999 purity.

When you buy gold you are paying the jeweler's selling rate plus the cost of the workmanship on the item. When you sell gold you will get only their buying rate which is typically 100 baht or so less than their selling rate per 1 baht-weight.

Thanks to everyone for their replies.

I have plenty of reliable information to work with now.

I will print and bring some of these web pages when visiting the local jeweler.

I am armed and ready!!

Thanks again to all,

Eric

• 2 years later...
Whats the current buying and selling price in thai baht of thai gold in the shops in Thailand, per baht of gold ?

Take a look at post #7 that site gives the latest prices.

However you need to take into account the other information included in some of the previous posts about purity etc.

Gold on the world market is usually quoted in US dollars and is for 1 Troy ounce.

So you will need the excahnage rate to convert dollars to Thai baht.

Then 1 troy ounce = 31.1034768 grams

I Thai BAHT of gold = 15.2 grams so 1 BAHT is not 1/2 an ounce of gold!

Then there's the purity 96.5% for Thai gold as opposed to 99.9% for gold quoted on the world market.

So I use this formula to get an equivalent guide to the price of 1Thai BAHT of gold.

Price in US$'s x Exchange Rate x 0.47158715

Then there is the mark up or down depending on whether you are buying or selling applied by the gold shop.

Complicated, bloody oath. Best solution ask your other half how much she wants and buy it in six months it'll be worth more than it is today.