90 Day Reporting

I am on a Non-O Retirement visa. I last did my 90 day reporting on 13 Feb, so the next would be due on 12 May, However I renewed my visa on 2 April. Do I still need to do a 90 day on 12 May, or 90 days after 2 April, or am I currently exempt? It doesn't seem clear at all whether or not a Non-O Retirement visa is exempt from 90 day reporting.

3 minutes ago, fourpack said:

Personally I will continue with my 90 days either online if it works or at immigration.

We all know the Immigration works in mysterious ways. Just because it's the so called in  Law now doesn't mean all immigration officers will follow that. All you need to do is look in here to see what government says is not what all immigration officers follow.

So my view better safe than sorry

Especially if you usually do it online. I can't see the online system working for anyone who misses a regular report and leaves it until the end of July.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Especially if you usually do it online. I can't see the online system working for anyone who misses a regular report and leaves it until the end of July.

Yes, even if it is not required during the Amnesty, I did my 90-day report on-line as I do not want to risk that it might not be possible to continue doing it on-line - after having missed the due date during the amnesty period.  I know there will not be any fines for not doing it during the Amnesty, but I am not taking the risk of possibly not being able to do it on-line next time and then having to visit my IO (+70 km one-way), especially since it only takes 10 minutes to do it on-line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, fourpack said:

Personally I will continue with my 90 days either online if it works or at immigration.

We all know the Immigration works in mysterious ways. Just because it's the so called in  Law now doesn't mean all immigration officers will follow that. All you need to do is look in here to see what government says is not what all immigration officers follow.

So my view better safe than sorry

I think you have summed it up well.

Many pages in other threads regarding things such as....do folk on annual extensions such as non o based on retirement etc ....need or not need to do their extension. 

We forget that the imm officers are basically clerks. This is a new landscape for them and the higher up at their io.

Point is if your on extensions that do not require exit from Thailand. DO THEM.

I would also do 90 day report. Not hard.

• Like 1

When my 90 is due I'll head down to Immigration with my paperwork and hand it to them.  They can chose to either process the paperwork or I'll expect them to tell me the exact date that my 90 will expire as well as the new date range when I can submit the forms.
What I envision is a confused mess when the 'amnesty' expires and within that confusion Immigration will accused people of overstaying visas and not filing 90 day reports in a timely manner as they start collecting fines while chiding all the "bad guy" foreigners. 
Personally I don't trust Immigration as an institution. Cavet Emptor.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hubble said:

Do I still need to do a 90 day on 12 May, or 90 days after 2 April, or am I currently exempt?

You never do 90 day reports from the date of a visa extension but from the date written on the last 90 day report as to when the next is due, i.e. 12-May.

However you now have the option to wait for the amnesty of 31-Jul to see what happens then. Personally I have done mine last week as I want to stay on my own schedule that I am familiar with and don't want to wait for some unknown date or end up in a mad rush with everyone else come end of amnesty. So up to you 12-May or wait and risk unknowns and queues end of Jul.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

You never do 90 day reports from the date of a visa extension but from the date written on the last 90 day report as to when the next is due, i.e. 12-May.

However you now have the option to wait for the amnesty of 31-Jul to see what happens then. Personally I have done mine last week as I want to stay on my own schedule that I am familiar with and don't want to wait for some unknown date or end up in a mad rush with everyone else come end of amnesty. So up to you 12-May or wait and risk unknowns and queues end of Jul.

Good post.

No way can there be requirement for 90 day report just after July 31.

So example you quote ..skip May 12 then next report has to be Aug 12. No other feasible solution.

Having said that I would do annual extension and 90 day report on prescribed dates.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

"You never do 90 day reports from the date of a visa extension but from the date written on the last 90 day report as to when the next is due, i.e. 12-May." Thanks, that really answers my main query. The other question of the amnesty is obviously confusing everybody.

1 hour ago, Colabamumbai said:

I do it by mail to Sri Racha immigration, they steal the stamped self addressed envelopes for the stamps and never send me a receipt. 

Me too in Samui, seeing nothing was coming back I went to the office and they did it in two minutes. My next yearly extension being July 30th, my next 90 days appointment is for july 8th I will go have a look anyway. I would not say that I have the same distrust of immigration as for a venomous snake, no!... but I take the same precautions ????

Edited by Tchooptip
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, khunken said:

I know that I don't have to do it (due 5th May) but I thought I'd do it online anyway.

Well the site has been unaccessable (down it seems) for the last week. Time for some maintenance, or not.

I seen no reports of it being down.

I seen post of people that have done one within the past week.

If you are using a VPN that might be the reason for not being able to open the site.

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I seen not reports of it being down.

I seen post of people that have done one within the past week.

If you are using a VPN that might be the reason for not being able to open the site.

Every time I try to access the site it times out. The site is: extranet.immigration.gov.th

Extranet.immigration.gov.th Status

Is extranet.immigration.gov.th down right now?

It's not just you! extranet.immigration.gov.th is down.

Above just now. This is the site I've used before for 90-day online reporting.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, khunken said:

Every time I try to access the site it times out. The site is: extranet.immigration.gov.th

Extranet.immigration.gov.th Status

Is extranet.immigration.gov.th down right now?

It's not just you! extranet.immigration.gov.th is down.

Above just now. This is the site I've used before for 90-day online reporting.

Try this one > https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

That is just a page within the site I mentioned so if the main page doesn't work the sub-pages won't either. BTW I tried it anyeway and it timed out.

Can you access it right now?

You are wrong in assuming that because the first page is inaccessible the second is automatically unavailable.

both pages are working now, the shorter URL is useless to you.F5171FD4-8F6F-438F-AD84-C277974F4ADD.thumb.png.6c69daa893c7ec3ac10bfa28f1eb14c4.png

3445AC6F-35F3-43C8-BD50-2DCB476E6243.thumb.png.f668b00632f221bda074a20183cf424a.png

Edited by sometimewoodworker

I just did my 90 day report online (for Phuket) at 11 AM. I received the email that it was approved at 3 PM. 

I'm a MacBook user and for me, it only works using Safari. On Chrome or Firefox after submitting the data on the first screen, it comes back with a blank page. If you're having problems, I'd suggest trying other browsers. 

1 minute ago, DFPhuket said:

I just did my 90 day report online (for Phuket) at 11 AM. I received the email that it was approved at 3 PM. 

I'm a MacBook user and for me, it only works using Safari. On Chrome or Firefox after submitting the data on the first screen, it comes back with a blank page. If you're having problems, I'd suggest trying other browsers. 

If you get the second page as blank just click reload and if asked if you want to submit the form click yes

all three browsers work if you do that.

I have a new passport so sadly cannot do my 90-day report online until I leave and re-enter the country.

I have a 90 day report for 3rd May at Pattaya immigration. Like many people here, I would rather do my 90 day report at the immigration office as Jomtien immigration is not far from my house - about 25 KM.

If I go next week:-

1. Will they do the report or tell me to come back after 31st July?

2. Is Jomtien immigration outside the Pattaya lockdown? If I have to go through the lockdown then I won't bother going as it is too much hassle entering the lockdown zone.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by dsfbrit

Thanks for the replies.....but

I have tried the short version (extranet.immigration.gov.th) and the longer version (https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do) on three 3 dderent windows OSs (XP, WIN7 & Win10) using 2 different browsers (Chrome & Firefox) and every one times out. No proxy or VPN involved.

4 minutes ago, khunken said:

I have tried the short version (extranet.immigration.gov.th) and the longer version (https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do) on three 3 dderent windows OSs (XP, WIN7 & Win10) using 2 different browsers (Chrome & Firefox) and every one times out. No proxy or VPN involved.

@khunken Then it is your connection or computer that is the problem as the site is working OK right now

Check the time stamp, top left.9CC031DC-28D4-4E4C-AF43-B3C5B8C5E65B.jpeg.d3b4472c4804ebe22dd44085e3a538c5.jpeg

Edited by sometimewoodworker

It opens for me without a problem on Windows 10 with Chrome.

17 minutes ago, dsfbrit said:

I have a new passport so sadly cannot do my 90-day report online until I leave and re-enter the country.

I have a 90 day report for 3rd May at Pattaya immigration.

Last week there were 2 separate reports of posters that succeeded in doing their 90-day report on-line on a new passport with which they had not left/re-entered the country yet.

Obviously they used the TM-6 entry/departure card number they received on entering with their old passport.

Previously that was impossible, but it seems that IO just recently did some changes to the on-line 90-day reporting system.

Also the reporting window has been extended and is now from 15 days before till actual due date of your 90-day report.

• Like 1