90 Day Reporting

11 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

@khunken Then it is your connection or computer that is the problem as the site is working OK right now

It's not my computer (I tried on 2 Pcs & a NotebooK) so it does look like my ISP (or router ) may be the problem. I can access other sites no problem. I'll have to put it on a 'to be fixed' list as it's not that urgent.

I do apologise for inadvertently posting wrong information.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, khunken said:

It's not my computer (I tried on 2 Pcs & a NotebooK) so it does look like my ISP (or router ) may be the problem. I can access other sites no problem. I'll have to put it on a 'to be fixed' list as it's not that urgent.

No problem and it’s still working as you can see from the time stamp7C28CD44-7672-47AC-AE4A-52A7D0B0D226.jpeg.2b44496956655482e828dc2f26ce24e2.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I am not confused. ..

I think it will be by the month your most recent report would of been due or 90 days from when it was due.

You may not be confused, but you also can only guess what will happen as you say. For those able to continue to do 90 day online (or maybe post?) we know we can carry on as our own calendar schedule (I did my 90 day online mid April) which is much simpler than guesswork for me - and I know my next due mid Jul.

For those who must go to IO office to do 90 day follow the news regularly and wait for the amnesty to be finished.

My 90-day report is due May 3, now postponed of course. Still tried to take care of it online. No dice. Then went into my app which brought back a notice along the lines "First 90-day report has to be done in person ..."

Hopefully useful info for those members up for their first 90-day.

Btw, I hope they figure out a way to prevent a stampede on Aug. 1. As UJ says maybe the due day will be the skipped 90 day date + 90. Still I can see antsy hordes lined up at CW on Aug. 1. They should set firm short windows for everyone, e.g., inperson only within plus/minus 3 days of old due date + 90.

10 minutes ago, tandor said:

..you mean to tell me if i turn up next week to do my 90 Day, i will be turned away?

They could turn you away. If you use a busy office the chances are greater that you could be turned away.

IMO why do something you do not have to do,

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Last week there were 2 separate reports of posters that succeeded in doing their 90-day report on-line on a new passport with which they had not left/re-entered the country yet.

Obviously they used the TM-6 entry/departure card number they received on entering with their old passport.

Previously that was impossible, but it seems that IO just recently did some changes to the on-line 90-day reporting system.

Also the reporting window has been extended and is now from 15 days before till actual due date of your 90-day report.

Thanks Peter for the reply,

I might give that a try then.

Although, I need to go to Makro in South Pattaya anyway, so the extra 5 KM drive to Jomtien IO is a simple process. Like UbonJoe says though, why am I bothering to do something I don't need to do.

I guess I don't trust the IO in August to follow the guidelines as they 'should'.

6 minutes ago, Why Me said:

My 90-day report is due May 3, now postponed of course. Still tried to take care of it online. No dice. Then went into my app which brought back a notice along the lines "First 90-day report has to be done in person ..."

Hopefully useful info for those members up for their first 90-day.

Btw, I hope they figure out a way to prevent a stampede on Aug. 1. As UJ says maybe the due day will be the skipped 90 day date + 90. Still I can see antsy hordes lined up at CW on Aug. 1. They should set firm short windows for everyone, e.g., inperson only within plus/minus 3 days of old due date + 90.

Come on think about it. The scenario you paint won't happen. Granted as usual the detail is not explained. 

Sensible ..would suggest if someone skipped say June 10 report then if amnesty ended July 31, then their next 90 day report would be September 10.

In any event time will tell. One thing is for certain it cannot be everyone do report in fist day or week after amnesty.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Come on think about it. The scenario you paint won't happen. Granted as usual the detail is not explained. 

Sensible ..would suggest if someone skipped say June 10 report then if amnesty ended July 31, then their next 90 day report would be September 10.

In any event time will tell. One thing is for certain it cannot be everyone do report in fist day or week after amnesty.

Ok, I guess you are right. They won't want to have to open the doors to a mile-long line.

Btw, has anyone gone to CW in this amnesty period and got their 90-day done? I know I am going to invite fire from UJ for being stupid to try. But here's the deal. I have nothing much to do all day. And if it can be done and the crowds are gone, why not?

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

If you get the second page as blank just click reload and if asked if you want to submit the form click yes

all three browsers work if you do that.

I tried that trick with Chrome and it still wouldn't load the page. I also can't get the TM30 site to work on Chrome or Firefox. It could be my something specific to my setup, but for whatever reason Safari is the only browser that consistently works for me. 

Just now, Why Me said:

Ok, I guess you are right. They won't want to have to open the doors to a mile-long line.

Btw, has anyone gone to CW in this amnesty period and got their 90-day done? I know I am going to invite fire from UJ for being stupid to try. But here's the deal. I have nothing much to do all day. And if it can be done and the crowds are gone, why not?

Reports from CW are that's it's a ghost town. Some reports had pictures. 

I wish my annual extension was due now.

As for 90 report ... Thinking you would be in building under 1 hour. Perhaps much less as you have specific queue. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

As for 90 report ... Thinking you would be in building under 1 hour. Perhaps much less as you have specific queue. 

Thanks, Jack. But do you know for a fact that they are doing 90-day reports at all and not shooing people away because of the amnesty? I don't want to go all the way and look silly.

3 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Thanks, Jack. But do you know for a fact that they are doing 90-day reports at all and not shooing people away because of the amnesty? I don't want to go all the way and look silly.

You sure about that?

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They are not guidelines. It is in a ministerial notification.

Thanks UbonJoe,

I know you are right, but after living here 17 years ... I have had too many bad experiences with the IO's to relax with this as much I should do. Thanks again for the reply.

3 minutes ago, Why Me said:

All I can say re that is there has been reports of doing 90 day report. On flip side I have not read one report of someone attending in person and being refused.

On 4/26/2020 at 6:29 PM, fourpack said:

Personally I will continue with my 90 days either online if it works or at immigration.

We all know the Immigration works in mysterious ways. Just because it's the so called in  Law now doesn't mean all immigration officers will follow that. All you need to do is look in here to see what government says is not what all immigration officers follow.

So my view better safe than sorry

The amnesty is nationwide and it's the governments decision, not something local immigration offices came up with. You seem a bit paranoid.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

On flip side I have not read one report of someone attending in person and being refused.

I pray this won't be me end of the week:-)

Added: I'll just create a thread asking and see what the reaction is.

Edited by Why Me
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, khunken said:

I get the same as you on my wifi for the laptops and phone app on my wifi. The phone app connects if I turn off wifi.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They are not guidelines. It is in a ministerial notification.

To be honest when have immigration officers ever followed what is supposed to be done.

They follow what there direct boss says hence all the different district officers having different requirements. I see no difference now in today's climate.

Each to there own me I will do my report when it's due within the so called amnesty.

3 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

I get the same as you on my wifi for the laptops and phone app on my wifi. The phone app connects if I turn off wifi.

That's interesting. Which ISP are you using?

Mine is CSLoxinfo (they use AIS comms lines)

9 hours ago, fourpack said:

To be honest when have immigration officers ever followed what is supposed to be done.

Many times that I am aware of.

Mostly it is just offices wanting different supporting documents to apply for an extension.

Something like not needing to do 90 day report is not going to ignored since it does reduce their workload and reduces the chances of being exposed to the virus. That is the intent of the ministerial notice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am on AIS Fibre in Bangkok, and I have been unable to reach any extranet.immigration.go.th (TM.47/TM.30) website for a week or so. When on WiFi (on an AIS Fibre network) the mobile apps do not work either. I've tried several AIS Fibre - we have three - accounts/networks. I can connect via True Fiber and 3BB Fiber. I can connect on AIS and DTAC 4G.

I can ping/tracert to immigration.go.th.

I cannot ping/tracert to extranet.immigration.go.th

I have tried every browser. I even tried a VPN. I have tried four different PCs, and five different Android devices, four different routers.

I haven't spent a lot of time researching this but assume the extranet site is not responding to AIS queries? Maybe these are accidentally blocked for some reason? I could access these sites previously, up until a week ago.

Edited by mtls2005

9 hours ago, khunken said:

That's interesting. Which ISP are you using?

Mine is CSLoxinfo (they use AIS comms lines)

AIS Fiber

55 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I haven't spent a lot of time researching this but assume the extranet site is not responding to AIS queries? Maybe these are accidentally blocked for some reason? I could access these sites previously, up until a week ago.

Yes, it was working for me last time I tried but now not connecting from AIS Fiber.

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They could turn you away. If you use a busy office the chances are greater that you could be turned away.

IMO why do something you do not have to do,

..because in my case my home is 10 min from Promenada..(sorry, i did not explain).

I tried on-line using the extranet URL.  Firefox browser the first page almost cleared. Entering the CAPTCHA password I get a popup that says:
 For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area.

I tried the Internet Explorer browser entering personal data and submitting; getting a blank screen.

I called HHIO (Hua Hin Immigration Office) today and the woman said we are open and will do your 90 day report.  We are off in the morning.  The next one is due o/a 3 August so expect to not see HHIO swamped by 90-day wonders. 

8 minutes ago, Fortean1 said:

I tried on-line using the extranet URL.  Firefox browser the first page almost cleared. Entering the CAPTCHA password I get a popup that says:
 For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area.

I tried the Internet Explorer browser entering personal data and submitting; getting a blank screen.

I called HHIO (Hua Hin Immigration Office) today and the woman said we are open and will do your 90 day report.  We are off in the morning.  The next one is due o/a 3 August so expect to not see HHIO swamped by 90-day wonders. 

There is no need to visit your local IO to do your 90-day report, nor for sending it by regular mail.

You are covered by the amnesty, and 90-day reporting has been suspended till 31 July, by which date IO will provide information when your next 90-day report will be due.

If you can do your 90-day report on-line that's fine, although there is no need to do it because of the amnesty.

Note: I did mine on-line just to ensure that I will not be forced to visit IO when I won't be able to do the next one on-line because of not having done it now (and my IO is 70 km one-way from where I live).

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Many times that I am aware of.

Mostly it is just offices wanting different supporting documents to apply for an extension.

Something like not needing to do 90 day report is not going to ignored since it does reduce their workload and reduces the chances of being exposed to the virus. That is the intent of the ministerial notice.

Yes, there is a massive amount of paper to prepare and process!  Where DO they store all of it! And the devil is always in the details!  Try other countries! Same sort of problem.

Anyway...

I have been in Thailand many moons, and my personal experience is consistent with Ubon Joe's response.  The experience can vary from officer to officer.  Of late, requests for extra documentation IMHO might be increasingly due to an officer's doubt about a candidate since so many foreigners in the past have "played" with Thailand's, various visas.

Thailand has been known for basically generous standards for entry and permissions to stay. These have been sorely abused over the years.  Examples are bogus affidavits of income obtained by foreigners extending their "long stays," marriages "of convenience," sharing and rotating bank deposits to meet financial requirements, visa runs to extend tourist visas clearly ignoring the purpose of tourism, spurious and unattended Thai language lesson visas. These are just a few popular dodges.  Thailand started to tighten up the rules a couple of years ago. Are you honestly surprised?

So, if you have done your own homework (some times not so easy) or are using a reliable agent (yes, there are some with "connections," but most are no doubt legitimate.) and you present yourself well (not, unfortunately, as too many obnoxious foreigners do), you will find the bureaucratic maze sometimes onerous but not overly so to navigate.  Remember, the Department of Immigration does not make the law.  If you want to complain about the law (which I personally do not always agree with) and the rules issued by the Ministry of the Interior, complain there. The Immigration desk officer's job is to enforce it.

Please note I am not defending the upper administrative handling of the Immigration process which does not appear to be keeping pace with other governmental agencies or private enterprise. That's something else again.

Edited by Mapguy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1