Pattaya Property

plumberman123

6 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Not been to walking st forever, don't have the patience for it and the people that go there.

I keep up to date with the property market.

You don't think tourism, therefor, future expats, has any correlation to the property market here?

We all came here as tourist before we decided to move here. If Pattaya / Thailand stops attracting western tourists in the numbers it used to, that means expat numbers decline, that makes a hole in the property market.

I can't see Mr. Lee from China and Mr. Singh from Indian taking a Thai bride from a holiday here, and making plans to move to Pattaya in retirement.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

You don't think tourism, therefor, future expats, has any correlation to the property market here?

We all came here as tourist before we decided to move here. If Pattaya / Thailand stops attracting western tourists in the numbers it used to, that means expat numbers decline, that makes a hole in the property market.

I can't see Mr. Lee from China and Mr. Singh from Indian taking a Thai bride from a holiday here, and making plans to move to Pattaya in retirement.   

In the past nothing has affected prices in Pattaya, not significantly.

OK.

I don't know Mr Lee or Mr Singh so cannot comment on their preference for brides.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

OK.

I don't know Mr Lee or Mr Singh so cannot comment on their preference for brides.

Mr. Lee next door to me, in his 12MB condo, has a Chinese bride. I don't know Mr. Singh, either.  

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

I'll take that as a no response.  

No response to an illogical question in the context of my point is simply no response. And argumentum ex silentio is merely a fallacy. So, waiting your own response that addresses my point in response to yours.

On 5/12/2020 at 3:59 PM, HashBrownHarry said:

OK.

Do you think you can judge the present and the future by the past, in Thailand / Pattaya?

The future here can change with the stoke of a pen in Bangkok.  Eg.  1.5 million required in a Thai bank, monthly installments no longer permitted. 

Within 12 months, there goes your expat market, businesses that cater for them, and the Pattaya property market.  Decimated, with the stroke of a pen.  

Pattaya was falling out of favor with western tourists in recent times.   Those western tourist used to aspire to retire here.  Not so much these days.  

Things can, and do, change so quick in Thailand / Pattaya.  Thailand is not a stable country.  I would not be looking at Thailand's past to gauge stability for the present, and the into the future.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Do you think you can judge the present and the future by the past, in Thailand / Pattaya?

The future here can change with the stoke of a pen in Bangkok.  Eg.  1.5 million required in a Thai bank, monthly installments no longer permitted. 

Within 12 months, there goes your expat market, businesses that cater for them, and the Pattaya property market.  Decimated, with the stroke of a pen.  

Pattaya was falling out of favor with western tourists in recent times.   Those western tourist used to aspire to retire here.  Not so much these days.  

Things can, and do, change so quick in Thailand / Pattaya.  Thailand is not a stable country.  I would not be looking at Thailand's past to gauge stability for the present, and the into the future.  

The future may change for the better, you're always glass 1/2 M T in your comments.

If the property market in Pattaya looses it's <deleted> - fine.

If the property market in Pattaya does n't loose it's <deleted> - also fine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

The future may change for the better, you're always glass 1/2 M T in your comments.

If the property market in Pattaya looses it's <deleted> - fine.

If the property market in Pattaya does n't loose it's <deleted> - also fine.

Actually, I'm a glass 1/2 full guy, but I have no problem seeing things for the way they are. 

I have no financial interests here, but if the property market looses, I can't seeing it being fine for soooo many people.  

16 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Actually, I'm a glass 1/2 full guy, but I have no problem seeing things for the way they are. 

I have no financial interests here, but if the property market looses, I can't seeing it being fine for soooo many people.  

Yeah you've said.

• Like 2

On 5/17/2020 at 9:58 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Centura Azure Hotel is up for sale. Sign of the times

Screenshot_20200518-045531.png

I would not be surprised if the Chinese wait for places like this to be foreclosed on, and then buy it for cash off the bank, for pretty much the outstanding loan amount.

On 4/27/2020 at 11:07 AM, newnative said:

Agree.  Pattaya, itself, has been evolving for a number of years now into a resort that caters much more to regular tourists rather than the mongers.  Look at all the new development--and there's been a ton of it.  It's mostly not in the Walking Street area.  It's in Jomtien.  And, Pratamnuk/Cosy Beach.  And Wong Amat/Naklua.  And central and north Pattaya.  Terminal 21 didn't go in by Walking Street.  It was built about as far away as you can get from Walking Street and still be in the Pattaya Beach area.

Same for the new hotels.  Where's the new Brighton Hotel?  The new Ozo Hotel? The new Amari wing? The new Grande Centre Point?  The new Mytt Hotel?  The new Grand Palazzo? The new LK Emerald Beach and the new Cosi Hotel, among lots of smaller others.  Where?  Not anywhere near Walking Street.   Same for new condos.  Few by Walking Street and many far, far away from Walking Street.

Many tourists coming to Pattaya can have a very nice beach vacation and never set foot on Walking Street.  Like all resorts world-wide dependent on foreign tourists arriving by air, Pattaya is in for some slow times ahead, as are all the others. Maybe for several years.  But, once the virus is finally sorted, Pattaya will once again attract the tourists it was getting pre-virus.  Geography will not change and Pattaya is sitting a relatively short plane ride away from the two most populous countries on Earth.

Well said.

• Like 1