That's plane scary!  I'd rather not fly with this Thai airline, says poster

webfact

4 hours ago, CGW said:
4 hours ago, The Word said:

This is a discussion between civilians, where colloquial terms are the norm, not pilots...or very ex-pilots.

Less than a month here, your going to be a real fun poster aren't you, hope you manage to prove whatever it is your out to prove quickly

Deepest apologies.  How long do I have to be here before I'm allowed to express an opinion that is not the same as yours?  I wasn't aware that there was a waiting period.  

What makes you say that I'm "out to prove something"?  You've been here for 14 years so does that give you some seniority or authority over us lesser posters?

Edited by The Word
  • Haha 1

What's with all these idiots wanting the government to implement even MORE totalitarian restrictions on personal freedom? A few weeks ago, none of us could have imagined all this. I hope the guy who made the complaint is punished, just so idiots like him are shut up. If the government were to listen to such people, the lock downs and social distancing campaigns will continue indefinitely.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

In response, Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) director-general Chula Sukmanop said the mandatory measure comes into effect only from May 1.

Disgraceful, maybe the mandatory "airline" procedures start from May 1st... but social distancing etc has been in force much longer which to my knowledge they are not exempt?

Someone needs to be prosecuted for this!

Then take the bus next time - how stupid can people be! All this social distancing, temperature measuring and alcohol-gelling around is getting completely out of hands.

Look at the figures of infected, then compare it with those with symptoms, those in medical car and the fatality figures. Getting overrun by an African springbok on Doi Inthanon during snow fall is possibly even more likely. 

Let common sense prevail, do one check/treatment on entering an airport building, wipe the handle bars of door handles and trolley handle bars and maintain face masks (latter not quite clear if it is of any use but it does contradict any advice. 

All the others, take the bus, walk or ....... stay at home! 

1 hour ago, The Word said:

What makes you say that I'm "out to prove something"?  You've been here for 14 years so does that give you some seniority or authority over us lesser posters?

Your obviously dealing with a lot of issues, have a nice day ????

9 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Don't worry, we're not that cruel! Probably the most notable examples of an airliner gliding was an Air Canada flight back '83.

Google 'Gimli glider' for an interesting read.

Few airline stories can beat the Galunggung Gliding Club.

Rooster

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Sharp said:

I'm telling you ALL airlines around the world will sooner or later relax the laws .

97% of people will be ok (Flu) and money talks.

Do you honestly think that after all the years of Airlines trying to cram people in aircraft to maximize profit they would be able to carry on with this distancing BS!!!

No way....MARK MY WORDS!!

What better excuse to double or triple the prices!

14 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Whatever the current circumstances, there is nothing wrong with Nok Air's propeller planes. I used to fly from Udon Thani to Chiang Mai in such planes, and having a maximum altitude of 25,000 feet, or less, (engines need oxygen/air), on a clear day one could see magnificent views of the mountains, lakes and forests below from a window seat. Nok Air's propeller planes, ATR-72 500 and Q400 NextGen:-

ATR72-500.jpg

Q400-New.jpg

I agree with you. I always prefer flying on these aircraft when I get the chance.

Correction on the altitude limit though. To go higher an aircraft needs more speed because of the thinner air and a turbo prop engine simply cannot deliver the speed required. The propeller cannot get enough 'bite' on the thin air. Hence the altitude limit.

Here's to our next flights. ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

They are not alone.  This is a photo of an American Airlines Domestic flight in the US.

Airlines ask for bailouts and they do this during a Pandemic.  

image.jpeg.8178a6928ddafcb08238e8f8155b6b9c.jpeg

..and it looks as though the captain is trying to fly the plane from that (wrong) seat on his smart phone!! Eeeeek!

1 hour ago, Prairieboy said:

What better excuse to double or triple the prices!

Now that's a plan.. Lol.. 

A CEO from one of the top airlines has reportedly said any Airlines that agree to these new guidelines will probably do so just to get operational but no way will they be enforced mid to long term because it makes no sense business wise to even get off the tarmac. 

I'm betting pretty much immediate lack of enforcement with only mask wearing will be implemented as a must. 

Time will tell. 

11 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

Few airline stories can beat the Galunggung Gliding Club.

Rooster

Yes that was a spectacular display of airmanship, but at least they didn't have to land the aircraft without engines.

We're gradually drifting (or flying) off topic here, but we can't overlook the most spectacular glider of them all, bar none.

Hat's off folks to the Space Shuttle!

18 hours ago, Jesse123 said:

There is a Heron for sale parked on Jersey airport in the Channel Islands. 

The one in the pic in the post I forgot to mention was the same type but not the same one I was a passenger on.   The one at Jersey airport maybe a bargain for someone with deep pockets!  

I remember seeing a Focker Friendship in 1969 It looked like its dangley landing gear would snap if the Wind gusted. Wife adamant and wouldn't board it. KLM i think were easy about it, put us on later flight no fee.. Not Today i bet. Got my PPL in 1967. god im old.!

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, JackGats said:

With oil at bottom prices airlines could afford to fly 2/3 full for some time.

Most if not all airlines hedge their fuel for at least 6 months to a year ahead.  They will not get the benefit of a collapsed  price yet a while, just of not using so much of it.  The downside is that the commercial hedge price they are paying now will come with a volume tariff attached, so the price goes up if they use less volume that they are contracted to take at that price. A lot of airlines will get screwed all ways.   

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 2

On 4/27/2020 at 2:24 AM, webfact said:

The poster - who said this was Nok Air - said that the flight used an aircraft with a propellor, something that the passengers were allegedly not told about before. 

It's called a Turboprop.  Imagine the level of the mind that thinks the only way to propel an aircraft, is with a jet engine.

Perhaps this mental giant would have been happier to see a very large rubber band that can be twisted to turn the props.

On 4/27/2020 at 9:24 AM, webfact said:

800_3cb8f5a8cf83c4b.jpg?v=1587952236

A Nok Air passenger posted on her Facebook page a picture of a packed Nakhon Si Thammarat-Don Meaung flight, expressing her concern at the lack of social distancing.

There's no evidence that Line characters pose any risk of spreading covid-19. So if you find you're sat next to one on the plane, breathe easy.

Personally I've reserved a middle seat at the back between Jessica the sexy pussy cat and Brown's younger sister Choco.

Edited by lamyai3

On 4/27/2020 at 10:41 AM, unamazedloso said:

Nothing wrong with propellars. Old tech but more refined since invented and still used on new planes today. Sounds like a big mouth, know all, know nothing type person. FB is full of them.

Its not about propellers, it's about a poor response to Covid 19 and social distancing.

In response, Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) director-general Chula Sukmanop said the mandatory measure comes into effect only from May 1.

Why put them into effect now? After all they will be needed more later. Hello? Am I missing something here? Does the government policy always have to be incoherent and inconsistent? Can't they make an exception once in a while? 

• Haha 1

On 4/26/2020 at 10:49 PM, KC 71 said:

‘The New Normal’!

I think it is for the foreseeable future.

I work for Delta, and we got the memo yesterday, that from May 4th all passengers are required to wear face coverings.

That I'm pretty sure is going to be the new normal for airlines globally if they have any hope of filling aircraft

I think that until this thing is brought under control with a vaccine we just all have to get used to the fact things are going to be different

• Like 1