Thailand in lockdown: Tons more trash from food delivery - but Bangkok air is clean!

webfact

Thailand in lockdown: Tons more trash from food delivery - but Bangkok air is clean!

8pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported that people hunkering down at home and ordering food online had contributed to a massive rise in plastic and other waste. 

All those meals ordered for consumption at home has contributed 6,300 more tons of garbage or 15% above normal. 

People were urged to dispose of the trash in the proper places. 

That was especially important for face masks that should be thrown away separately to other waste. 

In Bangkok alone the rise in plastic waste was 1,500 extra tons a day recently. 

There was some good news, however.

The media said it was as clear as day that Bangkok and surrounding provinces have had far less air pollution during the lockdown. 

Source: Sanook

3 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Hate to admit it. I love this curfew and think it should be implemented further with a 9-5 time. Best nights sleep ever!! Still a few idiots flying past on scooters but for the most part its heaps better....

So no illegal logging last night ,or explosives going off?

12 hours ago, natway09 said:

Since this all began I have never needed to order takeaways.

Heaps of time to cook

We ordered one home delivery when this first kicked off and I have to say it took 2 hours to get here and it was utter garbage so no more we just got more organised and filled up the freezer we have two now we make everything at home even snacks the wife a chocolate cake the other day, if you make a big pan of something you get a few meals from it.

Makro had special offers on certain items last Sunday 3 tins of baked beans 60 Baht