Boxing Stadium Beer Bars at Entrance to Walking Street

kevinsan

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe in Buakhao, like LK Metro or Naan Plaza?

They should move it outside the city to a location that is still cheap. The city area will get more and more expensive - perhaps too expensive for bars and other nightlife. 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Oldie said:

I had a dream... 

They should remove the sex bars from the Walking Street and create there a nice area with things like restaurants, small shops and sea view. The bars can be outside Pattaya where only people go that want to go there - there is no need for a beach location. They should move also all other red light areas from the city to this new location and create a paradise for people looking for something like this without disturbing others. Of course there needs to be good and cheap public transportation to this entertainment area. This bar chaos without zoning would come to an end and everyone could be happy. 

You mean they should be like the Brothels in Nevada, outside the city limits and only in certain Area's....I am afraid that will never happen here

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

You mean they should be like the Brothels in Nevada, outside the city limits and only in certain Area's....I am afraid that will never happen here

You might be sadly right. But it doesn't make sense to have gogo bars at a prime beach location. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Oldie said:

You might be sadly right. But it doesn't make sense to have gogo bars at a prime beach location. 

Nor in what they advertise as a Family friendly destination, but then where do you put the bars and stuff, they were already placed in certain locations to began with.

Edited by ThailandRyan

I don't have a problem with Walking Street.  At this point it's sort of historic, as far as things Pattaya go.   As I said in another post, Pattaya's new and nice development is mostly far away from Walking Street, so Walking Street is already being rather marginalized.  That will likely continue, with most new development planned for other areas.  Supply and demand will determine how many bars and go gos will be needed in the future with Pattaya's changing tourist demographic--who mostly spend their Pattaya visit elsewhere.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Nor in what they advertise as a Family friendly destination, but then where do you put the bars and stuff, they were already placed in certain locations to began with.

Just take a big cheap empty area outside the city and create a new nightlife paradise and move the existing nightlife there. I think in the long run the bars in the Walking Street and at other places will not be able to survive anyway. Many bars had to move already because shopping malls, hotels and condominiums were built at prime locations. 

Edited by Oldie
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, johng said:

Why on earth move  what Pattaya is famous for to another location..it is/was there from the beggining

everyone (except TAT) knows it is there, there are plenty of other places to develop into a

"world class family beach resort"  without destroying what Pattaya is famous for..

"a world class party/adult entertainment town"

I don't want to change Pattaya or its reputation. I only dream of a better organized Pattaya. Just compare the Beach Road from today with the Beach Road when it was full of bars. The nightlife will have to move to cheaper locations and it happens already. Perhaps this move could happen more organized. 

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

I had a dream... 

They should remove the sex bars from the Walking Street and create there a nice area with things like restaurants, small shops and sea view. The bars can be outside Pattaya where only people go that want to go there - there is no need for a beach location. They should move also all other red light areas from the city to this new location and create a paradise for people looking for something like this without disturbing others. Of course there needs to be good and cheap public transportation to this entertainment area. This bar chaos without zoning would come to an end and everyone could be happy. 

No one forces you to go. How much time do you spend on the lovely beach?

Edited by bangsaenguy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

I had a dream... 

Might have been mentioned here already, but I read the guys who own/rent Nana Plaza are looking to create the same in Pattaya.......no idea where. 

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

They should remove the sex bars from the Walking Street and create there a nice area with things like restaurants, small shops and sea view. //

There are not so many sex bars left on Walking Street, mainly when compared to 10 or 20 years ago.

This thread is about the complex at the entry of WS being destroyed. The 2 other big complexes ar Simon's ones and are both for sale for more than 1 year. They are nearly dead with only bars on WS side surviving... until now. I bet these 2 complexes will soon be turned in other sea-view sea-food restaurant, even if many on WS already.

Most of the small isolated sex bars have disappeared already. And several big ones have turned to live-band bars targeting tourists, not sex.

When you walked in WS earlier this year, you certainly were not walking in a sex bars street.

And despite the many agogos, WS is already a tourist/family attraction.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Might have been mentioned here already, but I read the guys who own/rent Nana Plaza are looking to create the same in Pattaya.......no idea where. 

They had the project to turn most of The Avenue building in a Nana Plazza alike, but I think this project failed already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bangsaenguy said:

No one forces you to go. How much time do you spend on the lovely beach?

You will never see me on the beach. I avoid too much sun. I have been living here in Pattaya for almost 30 years. I have seen many changes. But I always missed a little bit of zoning. Nightlife here and nightlife there - not always easy to move from one location to another. And also noisy nightlife next to hotels and condominiums. Doesn't make sense to me. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

People don't walk down WS to see the seafood restaurants, they want to see the gogos, girls and LBs standing outside and those crappy people doing street shows, the general atmosphere. Turn it into a street of restaurants and you get a boring place lacking atmosphere

there is kao san road in bangkok, no gogos and full of people

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1