Anutin rejects demands to delay ban on hazardous pesticides

webfact

I always wonder at the nutty western anti-pesticide, anti-fungicide, anti-herbicide, anti-fertiliser organic vegan posters.

These cheap chemicals are required to produce food at a price everyone can afford.

How you would all scream, if they were all banned, food became scarce and prices rose x10.

Better to die of cancer age 65 than of hunger age 8.

Most of the 'ban this' campaigns are merely the big farming/ago-chemical companies pushing new more expensive products.

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, yuyiinthesky said:

There is something fundamentally wrong if farming is based on dangerous poisons and poisoning people.

These dangerous poisons are forbidden in most civilized countries, it is overdue that Thailand follows.

It's not based on poisons if you Know Anything about Farming you wouldn't talk like that. give people a break before mouthing off. If used correctly there's no problem. The biggest problem is the Poor country the farmers haven't got the money to buy machinery for cultivating to stop the weeds and not enough money to employ workers to hand cultivate and pull the weeds. The government should've invested in a Program Years ago to Find /make a Replacement Product Before thy Banned these products, Same price and same workings as the ones they banned.   :wai:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Anutin has found a reasonable priced answer to chemi that is not favoured by many....well why didn't he mention it?  Well, maybe because he hasn't found a dam thing!  All he is doing is making life a lot harder for farmers and orchardists.  

you mean he is making life harder for potential mass murderers? Rightly so.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Better to die of cancer age 65 than of hunger age 8.

So you admit that these poisons cause cancer and you can get cancer from them at 65. Thanks.

Nevertheless I disagree, I neither want to die from Hunger at 8, nor from cancer at 65. Nobody has to.

6 hours ago, digger70 said:

It's not based on poisons if you Know Anything about Farming you wouldn't talk like that. give people a break before mouthing off. If used correctly there's no problem.

If that would be the case they would not be banned in many countries. For example the farmer in the EU can read and do read, so they should be able to use them correctly. Nevertheless, banned!

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

These cheap chemicals are required to produce food at a price everyone can afford.

How you would all scream, if they were all banned, food became scarce and prices rose x10.

This is the propaganda message of the producers of these poisons. Nevertheless it is nonsense.

And for my part I accept to pay more for poison free food, if needed.

Even if I risk endless bashing - I like Anutin. His statement here in respect of the pesticides is brave - Trump and even some people here in Thailand will not like it. And he was correct that the people should use masks and this at at a time when many said that masks are useless. He also was correct that many Farangs didn't like masks and didn't use them. For sure he was angry because of this when he made the not so welcome statement. But who is perfect? I forgive him and yes I myself see many Farangs that don't care much about their appearance. 

• Like 1

I recently saw an interview he gave to CNA, the Singapore news channel. He spoke good English and came accross as a reasonable, intelligent and experienced politician. If Prayut were to suffer some misfortune and had to step down Anutin could very well replace him, or do people see Prawit or Somkid as better options?

Like many, I did not like some of his comments about foreigners but he would not be the first leader to speak in racist terms to win support from the local populace. DJT and Boris spring to my mind but there are plenty others. He recently strengthened his hand in Parliament when some former Future Forward Party MPs joined his party. We might all have to accept that he is here to stay.

I have no time for any use of pesticides that contribute to polluting the planet and peoples health - although IMO, humans have done enough damage already. As for Thailand, it's about time farmers were educated and provided with the necessary tools to safeguard crops and to offer alternative methods to fire-burning.

Whether Anutin is capable of making life-changing processes occur - I doubt it, because, apart from the farming communities,  the immoral food and pharma industries just won't accept it. Same as in the USA - albeit once they stamp out animal factory farming, the world would be a more habitable place.

Edited by stephenterry
correction
  • Like 1

All you cheerleaders cheering this on with out thinking might want to take note of the fact there is a 100% ban on migrant workers entering Thailand now.......

The ban on these chemicals with no replacements would have been devastating to food production and now with out migrant workers THERE WILL BE NO FOOD PRODUCTION........Think people......

9 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

All you cheerleaders cheering this on with out thinking might want to take note of the fact there is a 100% ban on migrant workers entering Thailand now.......

The ban on these chemicals with no replacements would have been devastating to food production and now with out migrant workers THERE WILL BE NO FOOD PRODUCTION........Think people......

More incentive to grow pesticide free, organic and hydroponic foods. Much healthier.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Things that are produced with the help of a lot of unhealthy chemicals I wouldn't call food anymore. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

More incentive to grow pesticide free, organic and hydroponic foods. Much healthier.  

LOL...........Which part of there will be no food production are you not getting?

A hungry man does not give a rats-ass about holistic organic all natural bla bla bla grown food.....

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, sweatalot said:

you mean he is making life harder for potential mass murderers? Rightly so.

Surely you jest!   At the wifes orchard the soil is tested annually and chemi residues are miniscule. What the rain doesn't wash off,  what the sun doesn't burn off is such a small amount, miniscule amount left on the skin of fruit.  We have orchardist neighbours one in his 60's and 2 in their 70's who live normal lives despite never using PPE.   The products are watered down in the orchard sprayer, the manufacturers say the effectiveness is reduced every 24hours once mixed.  I would love it if a reasonably priced guaranteed safe product came on the market.   We could go Organic which is something we want to do....but every organic product that is now on the market is insanely priced!   So I  say,  until the government can supply a product at a similar price we continue on our present course. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

If that would be the case they would not be banned in many countries. For example the farmer in the EU can read and do read, so they should be able to use them correctly. Nevertheless, banned!

They can read and Do you said .that Doesn't say that that they Do the Right thing .  :wai: