Thailand could allow alcohol sales for two days before new ban is enforced

webfact

1 minute ago, dukeandduke said:

I like a glass of wine or a beer with dinner. These days, I do that with one person or alone. This activity does not threaten others in any way.

What is important to you, that you and one other are doing with no effect on others? How would you feel if they took that away?

so tell me how me buying booze FOR MY OWN CONSUMPTION in my condo EFFECTS other people ????????

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nemises said:

No alcohol ban here in Australia. 

Am on Dan Murphy’s website now, ordering another carton of JB, beer and fine (affordable) wine. 

Hope everyone is livin’ the dream up there in Thailand. 

Cheers ????

5D1CA32F-608E-4E48-8B0B-1483BE34A9AE.jpeg

How,s things in the nursing homes category?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I knew I should have fitted one of them draught Tiger pumps in the house a while ago would have looked good in the kitchen on the breakfast bar

cAN ANYONE STATE THAT IS THERE A BAN ON 1ST AND 2ND MAY OR ARE THEY STILL WAFFLING ON AND 2 GOVENORS CAN NOT BE REACHED SO A DECISION ON THE 3RD MAY!!!

Edited by jwest10
spelling

6 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

cAN ANYONE STATE THAT IS THERE A BAN ON 1ST AND 2ND MAY OR ARE THEY STILL WAFFLING ON AND 2 GOVENORS CAN NOT BE REACHED SO A DECISION ON THE 3RD MAY!!!

The 2 missing governors are probably <deleted> faced on there last supply of alcohol.????

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Olmate said:

How,s things in the nursing homes category?

Not sure. Will check after my lovely, refreshing swim on our now open beaches and of course, grabbing some MORE ALCOHOL from the bottle o’ on the way home. 

Try stay happy up there during your May (and possibly longer) “dry season”. 

Cheers ???? ???? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Not sure. Will check after my lovely, refreshing swim on our now open beaches and of course, grabbing some MORE ALCOHOL from the bottle o’ on the way home. 

Try stay happy up there during your May (and possibly longer) “dry season”. 

Cheers ???????? 

Be careful it doesn't go down the wrong way and choke you to death.

I would be distraught.

• Haha 1

Funny how just yesterday so many people were saying the government would bow to CP etc and allow the two day stock up because, you know, Thai greed and profit above everything?  All of that stuff.  And all the people saying they are about to open the floodgates and let the Chinese in because, you know, Thai greed and all that?  Wrong on both fronts.  Border and incoming flight ban extended another month too.

Perhaps, just perhaps, they have made this decision to make sure they don't make the mistake that Singapore made and open up too early thinking it's over and beaten.  Maybe, just maybe, the previous month made such a difference that it was worth extending it to make sure the virus is stamped out.  One more month of pain for the greater gain.  Maybe, just maybe, the have access to more information and consulted more experts than the people of TVF.

I am now saying I agree with the decision, far from it, but I can look at it impartially and see some possible logic to it.  I am as distraught as all of you over it as I have demolished my extensive beer stash and am now scrabbling around for old spirits or wine.  I wish this was over and I want some beer - I even resorted to buying Heineken 0.0 to see if that works.  But if the ban has stopped people gathering and the infection rates reflect that, and if the hospitals are benefitting, then why not.

Anyway, sorry, to interrupt, back now to your mouth frothing, contradictory Thai bashing (greed, oh no, not greed, they hate foreigners, oh they do updates in English and extended everyone's visas, wait I'm confused, erm...).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

But if the ban has stopped people gathering and the infection rates reflect that, and if the hospitals are benefitting, then why not.

I think you need to look around more, or you live somewhere remote, where I am it hasn't stopped people gathering, far from it, markets are packed, folks come to the lake area and picnic, sit together on their mats eating food with no masks etc. In my moo bahn, several houses having nightly get together, folks coming in cars to sit and chat, booze or no booze. Thais in our office sitting together eating, the list goes on, none of the hospitals in Thailand are overrun, not even close to it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Funny how just yesterday so many people were saying the government would bow to CP etc and allow the two day stock up because, you know, Thai greed and profit above everything?  All of that stuff. 

Your dreaming if you think they were not told by someone higher up the "food chain/hierarchy" to stay closed while the "agenda" runs it's coarse.

Quite how anyone can have any faith in a military dictatorship with a history like they have is beyond reasoning - desperation maybe?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Funny how just yesterday so many people were saying the government would bow to CP etc and allow the two day stock up because, you know, Thai greed and profit above everything? 

Just wait for another U-turn of Mr P.

It's nothing but a "I am confused until further notice" shut up order.
He looked at his calendar and was surprised that decisions are due.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Susco said:

For those who still dream that there will be a 2 day window to buy booze, here is your wake up call. Expect the same throughout the rest of the country.

There is never a ban the stupid thai goverment is lossing billions in tax of the sale of beer yet we all can still get beer at a bigger cost but like every night i will still being having a beer the stipid thai goverment your lossing incone but we are still drinking you sofe people

Even for this bunch of Cluckwits its amazing how they can take 3 days to make a sort of, not quite clear, might be decision

it does prove their incompetence is stunning

oh in the meantime beer is available  this moment today sort of here today

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Philipg114763 said:

There is never a ban the stupid thai goverment is lossing billions in tax of the sale of beer yet we all can still get beer at a bigger cost but like every night i will still being having a beer the stipid thai goverment your lossing incone but we are still drinking you sofe people

If your claim that we ALL can still get the beer at a higher cost is true, which is very much doubtful as proven already by others, then the government doesn't lose a single baht in tax because tax has been paid already on that beer. And when stocks get replenished after the ban ends, tax will be paid again

Edited by Susco

57 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Be careful it doesn't go down the wrong way and choke you to death.

I would be distraught.

Yes, will take care...and will enjoy. 

Sorry you’re distraught. Must be a miserable existence for you indeed. 

Cheers ???? 

• Sad 1